Nerf Ubastet - he is overpowered

Alright, then it would be useless as a counter, because it would take longer to cast than nearly any spell you might be trying to prevent. You might as well just bring Great Maw and devour whatever enemy you don’t like.

Many units are immune to Devour. Most notably Ubastet. Many Mythics require 20 to 30 mana to do a spell. So Sandy will need around 20 to 24 mana. Although reduce the sandstorm effect to 1 + MS/2 will still do well in a tight spot.

Say Sandy will have max MS of 12 at lvl 20 Mythic, that would mean, a sandstone will last for 12 +1/2 turns. Or 6 turns total.

Ubastet is not immune to Devour. his traits are +2 life for Raksha, Firestorm when an enemy dies, and +1 ATK/Magic per turn for Raksha.

1 Like

Then, what’s the problem? Bring Khovash to drain Ubastet mana and stun him if in the top 2 spots, and Kraken to chew on him in the last spot.

Ubastet goes in the third spot, specifically for that reason. Also? Khorvash, and Kraken both have higher mana costs than Ishbaal accellerated Ubastet. In fact, most troops who can either instantly kill, or drain mana who are actually worth putting on your team have a higher cost than 11.

1 Like

To put this thread into perspective see this thread…

lol

1 Like

So subtle.

2 Likes

Overpowered doesn’t mean unbeatable. So can we move from the but if you’re super lucky you can spam Peasant in Ubastet’s face until he dies" or “it’s easy to beat him with this troop”?

It just means that the troop is way stronger than the other similar ones. For example, you can compare Ubastet with Scorpius… A troop who can one-shot two troops on turn 2 is overpowered.

5 Likes

To nerf or not to nerf… Ubastet is fun to use, but the point is that he started a new meta. And meta teams make players bored, imo. It’s not Ubastet per se, and it’s totally legit to come up with a nicely working team, but when you meet the same team more than 50% of times in PvP, well it’s just not interesting to go on playing.

Variety and strategy are a strong point of GoW, a meta is the opposite: repetitiveness and dull mechanics.
But hey, it’s a game, a big one and things like these are a part of it.

I wouldn’t like to see Ubastet nerfed because he’s funny and challenging.
I would like to see Ubastet nerfed because the game became a little less appealing.

1 Like

Yep. The problem is simply balance. The Developers “Balanced” Mythics with high mana costs in the 22-32 range. But then removed their balance mechanism by setting almost every Mystic as ‘Divine’ and creating a start with 50% mana for Divine troop.

This is compounded by the problem that there is zero financial incentive to do anything about an 11 mana troop that decimates 1-2 troops and can insta kill 1-3 additional ones (“should” be 1 but bugs increase the ability). In no way is 11 Mana for that result balanced.

I still think exchanging “Divine” for a new “Diety” race on most Mythics would solve this design issue quickly… Or at least get us 95% of the way there.

3 Likes

Why not change “Divine” for “Boss” race? So Bosskiller can be useful.

1 Like

I think the problem here is NOT to nerf Ubastet. Rather the problem is Ishaballa’s third trait.

NERF ISHABALLA’S THIRD TRAIT. Change it to mana start at 50% for Humans (or some other race) and change Ubastet’s mana cost to 24 mana.
Note: Ishaballa is Divine/Human.
I agree there are TOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many Divines in the game right now. Another solution is to make all goblins Divine as well.
This will fix the problem.

3 Likes

The real problem is people expect to win every battle. I will repeat you are not supposed to win every single battle. People lost to psion teams for months because of Ragn. Nothing was done about it. Just pretend this is the same thing

2 Likes

Here’s my list of things that need a nerf
Sand Cobra
Peasant
Inn keeper
Ghoul and
Zombie

2 Likes

powerfit Ishbaal and Infernus, with these troops especially Ishbaal completely kills the desire to play

here it will not be 3 skill from Israeli no problems

Yep, nerf Israelis! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This is not the same at all lmao…

You forgot asiris

1 Like

Yeah we got it, it’s hilarious 'cause all those troops are really weak.