Imposing the following restrictions:
- No Guild
- No PvP
- No Arena
- No Explore
- No Dungeon
- No Soulforge
- No Bounties
- No Pet Rescue
- No Delve
- (No Fun )
- Entirely F2P
This is where I’m at with my Hero Level 37 account:
- All Kingdoms at 5-star minimum, with the exception of Sin of Maraj (with one at eight-star, seven at 7-star and six at 6-star [done pre 3.5 update])
- All Kingdoms maxed to Level 10, with the exception of the Attack Kingdoms (done so intentionally)
- All Legendary troops, with the exception of Cedric Sparklesack (and the Underworld Legendary troops, though the devs did gift Genie Lamp to players, so I have that)
- Fourteen base rarity Mythic troops (nine of them fully traited)
Here’s my collection.
At the time of the original post, these were the current cache of resources (bold/italicized text = three days later):
- 1,509,265 Gold => [after spending some opening Gold Chests] 1,526,174 Gold
- 6,127 Gems => 6,664 Gems
- 40,569 Souls (add 195,685 Souls if I were to disenchant all extra copies of Mythic troops) => [after leveling a few troops] 36,477 Souls (add 199,235 if all extra Mythic copies were disenchanted)
- 9,074 Glory => [after redeeming some for “Spoils of War” and Treasure Maps] 9,112 Glory
- 185 Treasure Maps => 203 Treasure Maps
- 564 Gem Keys => 616 Gem Keys
- 352 Glory Keys => [after using sixty] 560 Glory Keys
- 16 Gold Keys => [after using 200 collected from Tributes] 38 Gold Keys
- 6 Event Keys => 11 Event Keys
- 6 VIP Keys (gifted from the developers last year, just never used them)
How is all this even remotely possible?
Six words, including these: Treasure Hunt.
Consistently multi-vaulting in the Treasure Hunt mini game will net you the best chances at accumulating the required resources to bolster your account.
Doesn’t hurt to possess a modicum of determination, either.
Call this a “low-level, solo run,” or sorts.
A few notes on my account:
- I have no hero class. I have not even completed the unlocking of Warlord in Broken Spire.
- I have never clicked on the PvP icon.
- At no point in time have I ever been in or created a guild (evidenced by the corresponding Xbox One achievement being locked and grayed out).
- My VIP Level is 0, but my Hero is represented by a Dwarven Avatar, which is a purchasable item in the shop. Back when Stonehammer was released on consoles, my original avatar was switched into a dwarf numerous times, and I just never bothered changing my hero back. Thus, it remains. Also, looks slick with the Celestial Armor, no?
- A vast majority of Arcane Traitstones were acquired by way of Treasure Hunt, including the keys used to open Gem and Glory chests, which then occasionally dropped Arcanes. The remaining were obtained via Glory Bundles.
- My first fully traited troop was Valkyrie.
- My first Legendary drop was Hydra, via Glory chest.
- My first base rarity Mythic troop, Elemaugrim, was obtained whilst opening Glory chests one at a time, after nine months of gameplay.
In the long run, RNG is on your side.
Also, the developers, for generosity with their time and a willingness to address issues and the like. Many thanks.
And, the forum members. Thank you all for providing a genuinely unique experience.
Quick edit: at 11:53pm, ET (June 7), while fervently playing through maps to acquire keys for precious last chances at pulling Ubastet, I was able to get the Mythic to drop while opening Glory Chests from a batch of six keys rewarded via vault creation in Treasure Hunt.
So, if my math is correct, the total resource cost in obtaining this Mythic (spent over the entire week the Mythic was exclusive to corresponding chests):
- 688 Gem Keys
- 606 Glory Keys (with the last six earned and opened to finally acquire Ubastet)
- a few Gems shy of 6,100
And, if I had to do it again, just to recapture that feeling of elation, I believe that I would.
Besides, the resources spent did afford me the copies needed to ascend a few troops to Mythic, like Crimson Bat, Emperor Khorvash, Marilith, The Great Maw and Webspinner. A few other troops such as ,
Forest Guardian, Gorgotha, Hellcat, Krystenax, Queen Mab, Queen Titania, The Dragon Soul and Yao Guai are one copy away from Mythic ascension.
I almost feel like we all play for those moments when RNG favors us.
Another edit: ten days after acquiring Ubastet, I’ve been able to build my resources back up a bit.
From zero Gem and Glory keys, I’m now at 126 and 703, respectively, and from a low of 1,127 gems back then, I’m a bit healthier atm with 2,870.
At current count, 325+ troops are at Mythic, 181+ troops are fully traited.
Still at Hero Level 37.
Maybe, a final edit with the 3.5 update:
In before the kingdom nerf!?
Looks like, I may have to actually play this game now.
So, another edit with the 4.0 update:
Amassed 795 Gem keys and still contemplating on going for a Megavore or two, but I may have used up any RNG blessings, as I just pulled an Infernus from Event Chests.
The cost: 2,025 gems. Totally worth it.
Also, on the last day of Megavore exclusivity, I pulled one with ten Glory keys (and 831 Gem keys… ).
Got one, at least.
During the Stormheim event week, with a handful of event keys, I decided to open event chests one by one. Gotnar Jotnar!?
So, at Hero Level 37 (still), I now possess eight Mythics, with four being fully traited (and with the traitstones available to fully trait one more).
Currently, amassed 502 gem keys and 1,200 glory keys for chances at the new Mythic being released in a few hours. Accumulated over 6,300 gems, as well.
And, turns out that this string of favorable RNG continues for me, as I was able to get Fallen Valdis to drop from eight gold keys (to warm up the RNG), ten gem keys, and 650 glory keys. A good majority of my key and gem stack remains intact.
And, another edit (should probably clean up this post a bit… I’ll get to it eventually):
During the Whitehelm event week, dropped eighty-one event keys in hopes of acquiring the new Legendary, and possibly Gard’s Avatar. Got 'em both.
Also, picked up High King Irongut the first day of release in only eleven gem keys and 351 glory keys. A week later, had a Pharos-Ra drop whilst opening gem keys in bundles of fifty (dropped on the fifth bundle).
Additionally, it only took two gem keys to acquire Phoenicia. (Oh, and the few hundred gold keys to warm up the RNG. )
And, Tian Yi was had in approximately 2,400 glory keys and 630 gem keys.
TINA-9000 was the largest expenditure of resources for me thus far, with a combined 1,900 glory keys and 1,101 gem keys spent. Ugh.
Immediately after acquiring the Mythic Mech, my resource cache stands at (approximated):
- 8,000 Glory
- 6,400 Gems
- 500k Souls
- 1.5m Gold
- 200 Gem Keys
- 55 Event Keys
- 10 VIP Keys (gifted by the devs, still unused)
(With hopes of acquiring The Possessed King on the last day of the current Darkstone event week… … and, of course, I would fail miserably. )
Just a quick note to those who may consider embarking on such a journey:
You will find that it will no longer be possible to maintain such a low level if power leveling kingdoms is prioritized, as some of the requirements will make it necessary for you to gain experience.
This account is/was merely an example of how healthy one player could build an entirely F2P account by their lonesome.