Maugrim Woods Kingdom Rework... Rework

Can’t stun spawn-on-death traits, remember?

Correction: you can’t stun “spawn on this troop’s death”, but there is no reason why you can’t stun Gate Guardian (which is “spawn on an ally’s death”) and prevent it from triggering on another troop’s death. At the very least, it can be used as a partial solution against full Kerberos teams.

2 Likes

Ah, good catch. So you can use Stun to deal with Kerberos, but not Warg.

Does Kerberos summon Wargs even upon his own death? If so, that condition will still be Stun-resistant.

Either way do we really want to rely on stun for another possible meta threat? Are we not actively looking for reasons to use mantibore less and not more often?

2 Likes

Sounds like the frigging Waltons! G’night Jon-boy
:grinning::grinning:

Not sure if a stunned troop will also have their ghost traits stunned. For example, if Kerberos dies in slot 1, spawns Warg, Warg picks up dead Kerberos trait from bug, Warg stunned… does the Gate Guardian still trigger?

There is obviously a bug at play here, and we’re waiting for it to get fixed. In the meantime, having some means to deal with the problem is most certainly better than nothing.

There is always room for experimentation. It’s quite possible, for example, that if the overlaying troop is stunned, the ghost troop behind it will also be stunned. If we don’t at least test it, we may never know.

If my memory isn’t wrong:
I played a bit with purple imp. Imp transformed enemy famine into a wraith. Famine traits still goes off. When EK stunned wraith above famine trait continues to happen.
I’m not 100% sure but I think it happend like this when I did it in the past.
EDIT and famine wasn’t stunned when it got transformed.

No you didn’t

They probably did, it’s not the Warg summoning itself it’s Kerberos.

Took me good 5 minutes to defeat the invisible Kerberos that respawned the Warg 5 times in a row…
Don Boba pls.

Emporer Khorvash boom problem solved.

But seriously, does/could EK stop this stuff with stuns?

We just discussed this. Look up the thread by about ten posts.

I said its kerberos summoning them not Wargs. Wargs were fixed. Kerberos wasn’t.

I’m not saying the other way around, I mentioned you because it was your team! Don’t do this to the poor souls out there.
Don’t abuse the bugs >.> it’s not fun.

Funny part is I made that team on Sunday evening as soon as Kerberos got his new trait xD
So I wasn’t even aware of the bug at that point.

@Nimhain
This was recorded after your post that the issue has been patched:

Without even running into the “ghost troop” issue, its still pretty clear that the dead Kerberos are able to trigger gate guardian.

It was actually a fun fight… ONE time.

Perhaps we could just get the old Gate Guardian back in the meantime? I like that one better anyways (though I might be the only one).

2 Likes

I was referring to this post.

Oh my bad, I withdraw what I said.

As far as i could tell there were overall 3 gate guardian summons by dead Kerberi in this video with one of it being backed up by a living one, which would have resulted in the warg summon anyway.
So this ~7 Minute fight had just two warg summon more than was actually intended if the traits were 100% fixed.
This is not far away from how these troops are actually supposed to perform…