Major Treasure Hunt Revamps / Reward Increases Ideas

it’s probably a waste of energy as not much is liable to change because of this but I enjoy debating over things like this so I believe it’s worth my time.

It just needs to be comparable rewards to the time spent
You could do a set of level 12 explore battles for 25k gold and 2-3 tokens in the time it takes to do a map for 100 turns for a couple thousand gold n a couple keys, gems or glory

How many people actually bother to play Treasure Hunt unless they’re forced into it by it being part of the weekly quest?

It’s slow, it’s tedious and what you get from it isn’t worth the time once you’ve achieved a moderately high level, because you can get it all from other game modes a lot more quickly and easily.

Once upon a time, when GoW was new, it may have had a point and a value, but now it’s just a virtually redundant part of the game.

So the only way to go is either to ditch it or increase its value such that people decide it’s actually worth playing again.

But if the Devs are going to do that, they need to do it in a way that stops people like myself who has 8000+ Treasure Maps from just monstering it totally, whilst lower level people are left behind.

And I didn’t “earn” those 8000+ Treasure Maps, they just accrued over time as extraneous awards that came along with the stuff that I was actually after.

When that happens, just like the 12 million plus souls or the 12,000 plus Diamonds I have, they cease to have any value or utility and are thus worthless.

The revamp of Arena was pretty crap, but at least they then listened to players and let you pick the high level team member first.

Ok, it’s not perfect, but it has actually made it interesting and playable (for the first three games to get the rewards)

Of course if you just want an Instant Win with Lots of Rewards mode, you’re not going to be happy.

You did though, the same way I “earned” the 500+ ones that I currently have. But I see your point, just about no one gets them intentionally, myself included.

There really isn’t much that they can do since late game players have a large time advantage over newer players, that’s mostly all that it is.
And if they did something about it, it wouldn’t be particularly fair to late game players either.
Honestly as long as whatever they revamp it to is balanced I doubt some people obsessively grinding treasure hunts would affect the game’s balance in any significant manner.
Though if they made treasure hunts a better way to grind than everything else, then I agree that it’d likely cause issues.

Time was, Treasure Maps were hard to get hold of unless you used Tyri or Marid with a 20% chance of getting one when they cast their spells.

These days, unless you’re really new to the game, you’re going to have more of them than you could ever run out of by actually using them.

Hence my suggestion of scaling the costs according to Hero Level.

And I think End Game players have enough advantages that making life easier for lower level players isn’t necessarily a bad thing!

It wouldn’t be bad to do so for the first couple of weeks / months, but after that it’d be highly unfair. If ya mean doing it for a set period of time to mitigate the potential initial flood of resources to late game players. Then I might be able to find some common ground with ya.

A better way to resolve that issue would be setting a weekly cap of 1,000 or so treasure maps for the first couple of months to prevent any and all massive floods of resources while still respecting late game players’ time.

Engamers would just wait. I would.

Caps would have to exist in perpetuity.

Perpetuity is a bit strong, long enough so that the resources trickle down at a manageable rate is a bit more likely. Though I highly doubt that any increase to the rewards would be better than what late game players earn already so that likely won’t even be an issue.

Take the rates that I listed as an example, as those are the highest that we’ll likely ever be able to see. Even they wouldn’t change much for late game players other than finally giving them a reliable way to grind writs at a rate of 150 or so an hour tops and get a deed / forge scroll every 6 or so hours.

And that’s assuming that Epic Treasure Maps would be added, in truth I only expect my ideas on regular treasure maps to have a shot at being accepted since they would just make life easier for new players and give mid game players a slightly more effective way to grind gold and keys, while doing next to nothing for late game players.

Went on a bit of a rant there lol, but as I said first, I doubt that a cap would be needed for more than a couple of months.

A can kicked down the road is the same can it was before one took three more steps to arrive at it a second time.

If the abundance of maps endgamers have is a problem, then it is a problem in need of a permanent solution.

Otherwise, a smart player will just be patient and use their resources when it is most opportune and profitable.

1 Like

But the problem itself isn’t permanent, whenever treasure hunts do eventually get revamped and late game players begin to use their stock piles of maps, if at all. They’ll eventually run out and have to grind for them just like everyone else and then we won’t have that issue anymore.

After all one does not build a whole new block of houses to house temporary occupants, one lends them tents and sleeping bags.

In the case of a potential cap, there wouldn’t be a point in waiting since treasure hunts have to be grinded and there’s no point in delaying the grind, all that can be done is ensure that the process doesn’t happen all at once as to mitigate potential inflation.

Me, because as @Snooj posted earlier. It’s only reliable way of farming Gems :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

How many Gold Keys do you have? I’ve got 24,000+ at the moment.

When you open 200 Gold Chests, you get an average of roughly 2.5 Gems.

It’s just taken me a minute to open 15 lots of 200 Gold Chests (3000 keys) for 40 Gems

How many do you get from grinding Treasure Hunts?

Yes, you can get gems from Gold Keys and Glory Chests, but TH gives you extra. You can’t farm gold keys, but after you open all your chests, you can still farm TH for MORE gems. This isn’t an A OR B situation.

1 Like

somewhere between 0 and 200, i open them whenever count is above 200…

I was about to post a long post with many calculation but I realized something. Right now, TH favor spammers grinding for gems, which is fine and shouldn’t change. But there is no incentive for the others who want to see how high they can get. Imagine a VIP key every 200 or 300 levels. Or many of the other suggestions that OP mentioned in the original post. Even a monthly leaderboard could be fun, giving those who like leaderboards something to aim for.

Basically, let those who want to spam TH still be able to spam it if that’s the play style that suits them (especially because they either don’t play or would spam anyway). But provide incentives for those who want to see how far they can get.

2 Likes

Ok, so you’re at the stage where Gold Keys are still useful to you.

I’m at the level where Diamonds aren’t much use any more apart from crafting weapons in the Soul Forge, rather than paying Gems for them.

Like many End Gamers, I’m sitting on ridiculous hoards of resources (150+ Celestial Traitstones, 20k+ shards and all the other coloured gems, 13k Diamonds) that I can’t do anything with and there are other End Gamers who have much bigger stockpiles than that.

So all I’m asking is something to do with them all, even if it’s at a high level of exchange, otherwise they’re just dead weight.

yes and no,
I open them just for gems :stuck_out_tongue: apart from that, they are useless to me

but again, we’re drifting from main topic here, which is: TH remake/revamp

For me, Gems from TH are the only reliable way to farm them. Spending gold for gold chests to get some gems would be a waste of gold IMO…

1 Like

Yes, there is, as I’ve tried to explain.

You (or someone above) proposed a 1:1000 on resources to eventually expire.

WHY, then, would any endgamer get one thousandth of the rewards they could have simply to start the grind sooner? They wouldn’t. They would wait. If the depreciation were a surprise sprung months later, it would be something warranting outcry.

Most people who’ve been here a long time and have become endgame are very practiced in optimizing resources. None would willingly “waste” maps, even if they don’t like playing them, which is the precise reason they have surpluses — they know what their maps are worth, refuse to throw them away, but choose not to play them as they are.