As of this second I have 500+ treasure maps in my inventory that I refuse to use because i’d get next to nothing from them, compared to whatever else I could be doing instead.
In light of this, here’s what I propose to make treasure maps a viable use of players’ time.
1. Every 10 turns you get 1 Trophy.
2. Every 10 turns you get 5 Guild Seals.
( would be claimed through the seals section in the guild menu naturally. )
3. Every turn you get 1 xp ( xp multipliers would apply )
4. The traitstone you get every 15 turns should always be a runic ( 98% Chance ) or an arcane ( 2% Chance ). ( Arcane ( 98% Chance ) or Celestial ( 2% Chance ) for Epic Treasure Maps. )
5. Every 25 turns you get 1 gem. ( 3 for Epic Treasure Maps )
6. Add Treasure Hunt Events, Would give score based on how many turns you last and would give rewards such as Epic Treasure Maps, Orbs Of Chaos & Writs.
7. Add Epic Treasure Maps ( Treasure Maps aimed more towards late game players and due to their rarity would have 12 base turns + guild bonus turns instead of the standard 8 + guild bonus turns. )
Side note → If say the treasure map subscription gave 5 treasure maps a day and gave 3 - 5 or so Epic Treasure Maps at purchase / throughout the 15 days. It would be a great way to boost it’s sales. ( as long as it stayed at $4.99 USD. )
So there is a financial incentive in making treasure maps relevant, as much as I hate to admit it.
Epic Treasure Map Rewards Rough Draft :
Copper Coins → 100 Gold
Silver Coins → 300 Gold
Gold Coins → 900 Gold
Bags → 2,700 Gold
T1 Chests → 200 shards ( 75% Chance ) or 50 of a random jewel ( 25% Chance )
T2 Chests → 100 of a random jewel ( 70% Chance ) or 25 Writs ( 25% Chance ) 1 of a random Deed ( 5% Chance )
T3 Chests → 100 Writs ( 70% Chance ) or 2 of a random Deed ( 20% Chance ) or 1 of a random Forge Scroll ( 10% Chance )
Vaults → 5 of a random Deed ( 50% Chance ) or 3 of a random Forge Scroll ( 30% Chance ) or 1 Imperial Deed ( 10% Chance ) or 1 Epic Vault Key ( 10% Chance )
Rewards Revamp For Treasure Hunts Rough Draft :
Copper Coins → 5 Gold
Silver Coins → 15 Gold
Gold Coins → 45 Gold
Bags → 135 Gold
T1 Chests → 500 Gold
T2 Chests → 1,500 Gold ( 50 Percent Chance ) or 1 Glory Key ( 50% Chance )
T3 Chests → 5,000 Gold ( 60% Chance ) or 3 Glory Keys ( 30% Chance ) or 1 Gem Key ( 9% Chance ) or 1 Epic Treasure Map ( 1% Chance )
Vaults → 25,000 Gold ( 50% Chance ) or 15 Glory Keys ( 30% Chance ) or 10 Gems Keys ( 10% Chance ) or 1 Epic Treasure Map ( 5% Chance ) or 2 VIP Key ( 4% Chance ) or 1 Vault Key ( 1% Chance )
Disclaimer → If this were to ever be implemented I fully expect the rates and rewards to be tweaked a bit though ideally I hope that they would be similar to what I listed.
Here’s a couple of polls for those interested / want to add something but don’t want to give a reply.
( pls note that these polls are just in general and don’t mean that it’d be done like I suggested, just that it’d be done at all )
And that concludes my thoughts on the matter, if ya like my suggestion feel free to give me a heart and leave a reply down below.
I’m also open to any and all constructive criticism so feel free to leave some.
Just keep it constructive & civil please.