Lycanthropy Feedback

The effect of “licanthropy” should not be able to be used in factions, because at higher levels they are too difficult.
Make some changes about this because you are abusing players.

I’ve accepted it being in the game, but I’m just so tired of dealing with it in every battle for months. Leave it to the troops that create lycan gems and pull it out of every battle. Its an absolute cancer on Gwars and high level delves.

3 Likes

How about considering some minor modifications to it such as cleansing it more easily while gaining a benefit such as an enchantment? That would help to level the outcome so that people aren’t feeling punished by an unfair disadvantage that ruins effort toward other goals such as gold or soul farming.

It’s already a bit tedious to do that as it is but having that made harder as a consequence of this mechanic means it has implications throughout every aspect of the game.

If this affected only a particular round where it could be reset on a delve, for example, that wouldn’t be so bad. But losing a key player early on in a delve when you set up delves as a primary and restricted resource feels like I’m being gaslit by this game.

Developers do not care what we think!
Look, it will be 8 weeks since the campaign started and nothing has been corrected or almost nothing to this lycanthropy! on the other hand, when it is a problem which benefits the players, the problem is quickly resolved and very badly! I’m talking about the vault! Thursday evening the problem was quickly resolved!
It is this behavior that will make me stop gambling and save me a lot of money! I am VIP 15 soon 16 and my goal is to be VIP 20! But I’ll stop there! Thanks the devs!

Lycanthropy is utter garbage gaming in delves. Plain in your face unacceptable gaming design. Shame on your design for leaving there.

2 Likes

Let’s look at this in reverse. Who likes Lycanthropy? Is there even one player?

Why would devs/suits add/keep a mechanic in a game that literally NO ONE likes.

There’s no controversy here. There’s no group arguing the other side. This is just a perfectly terrible idea that should never have made it out of beta.

I guess they don’t read the room (or the forums). Why introduce a terrible mechanic into an otherwise fantastic game just because new ideas are getting harder to dream up?

Anyone who thought this was a good idea, doesn’t play this game with any seriousness.

(I felt compelled to come here to leave this as yet another high level delve attempt devolved into phone-throwing frustration…)

2 Likes

To be fair, I have seen a handful of people that think its great. Also, a larger group who find it tolerable.

I personally hate it. Losing battles does not bother me. Well, it bothers me, but in a “What could have done differently?” - way. To me, lycanthropy turns every battle into a slot machine. If I want to play mobile slots… there’s a app (or 1000!) for that!

I do give credit for the update making it less terrible. So there is that. But I’m a little sad that “less terrible” is the bar. :eyes:

3 Likes

Simple really; roll back. As players we wanted to play Gems of War, not Gems of Lycanthropy.

1 Like

It’s already a pain farming Nysha at E12, and with lycanthropy, well, no fun at all.

1 Like

I totally agree. This is one of the worst mechanic in this game. I hate Lycanthropy. I hope they just remove it completely.

3 Likes

I dislike Lycanthropy for all the reasons hitherto mentioned. My hubby loves it. He finds it more useful than not in lv 500 delves. He has a good argument for why this is the case, but I really don’t think it’s worth debating when just about everyone else disagrees.

So there’s one. :grin:

2 Likes

Please remove Lycanthropy, you guys have destroyed this game. It’s not fun anymore.

4 Likes

It will never happen. It might evolve, be somewhat changed, but it won’t disappear from the game…

1 Like

I agree with your husband about the delves. Completed quite a few pure factions with no potions recently thanks to lycanthropy coming up clutch. The last fight in mirrored halls took me over an hour but I just kept buffing myself until I could apply lycanthropy to them.

If I wanted a team of Festival Cows I would start with a team of Festival Cows. Lycanthropy has the stink of manure . Its becoming a real Sluagh of a Game. But it seems you already know that .

1 Like

First, I 100% agree with this statement!
Second, why, though?

Seriously, what weird hubris is causing this reality? Again, you are absolutely right, imho. It’s here to stay. But WHY? The overwhelming majority of players fall somewhere between “I hate this with heat of 10 billion suns!” and “it’s not amazing, but I can deal.”

If it somehow sold something, aka was a monetization issue, I could see it. But it’s not. It’s simply a “Look what we did!, You don’t love it? Well we do, so tough!”

After the recent changes, I’m more in the “not amazing but I can deal” camp. But not taking this out behind the barn to shoot it, makes me love GoW a little less. I used to play a different game. I won’t name it. It’s terrible now. Very predatory. But back when it was still somewhat sane, they introduced a game mode that got about the same response as lycanthropy has gotten here. It lasted one week and was never seen again. Because that is what you should do when your idea goes over like a concrete frisbee.

5 Likes

They put out a bunch of troops with the mechanic. That’s probably the first line of reasoning why it won’t be removed.

The second line of reasoning is that it’d be more difficult for them to remove everything related to Lycanthropy over just not adding new content related to it again.

Third reason is that they seem to really like “random” effects in Gems of War. shrug

4 Likes

It makes virtually no difference how they treat the playerbase or their own game. GoW keeps having record quarter after record quarter. Hard to argue with financial success, even if it comes at the cost of your own integrity :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yay! Last day of lycan gems.

6 Likes

Only speaking for myself, I hated lycanthropy. I’m level 1050, if I had to start the game with this, no way I would still be playing now. Just my 2 cents.

3 Likes