Lycanthropy Feedback

Whenever I inflict an enemy with lycanthropy my first objective is to try and kill that enemy quickly before it transforms and improves the enemies team by replenishing all armour and health.

I applaud the devs for trying something new, but imo this just doesn’t work and just further adds to the frustration of RNG.

However, with the addition of new troops (boss troops in particular) that encompass lycanthropy as part of their spell, it suggest that this is here to stay, and the devs are firmly sticking to their guns on this issue. I hope I’m wrong……………

In fairness I have had lycanthropy help me once (yes just once, I’m clutching at straws here to find a positive). Last night I was trying Fang Moor pure faction 500 run. I was on boss room, with one troop remaining on my team and one troop on ai team. Opponent had 94 health and I had 27 health. next skull hit will end me. My troop gets changed by lycanthropy to around 100 armour and 100 health. I take a skull hit and obviously still survive. I deal 2 skull hits to remaining ai troop and emerge victorious. +1 to lycanthropy!!!

You probably missed it, but 5.6 update made it that lycanthropy works as all transofrmation spells → it reduces lvl of troop by half and makes it traitless…

Ofc, in some cases it can make enemy get more life and armor than they had before Lyc was applied to them, but only if that troop was already half dead…

Lycanthropy should be less common when Lycan gems stop spawning (aka this week).

1 Like

dropping Hatir Ascendant at 500 pure on players was about as toxic as you could get this last weekend, especially with so little faction firepower, and much less after…

Well I can call myself lucky as one of my troops got Lycaned during pure 500 and… changed into Amarok :japanese_ogre: Everything else was just: munch munch munch :wink:

Why, you can’t remove something from the game?. it is programming after all.
They changed many things they had before. So if the majority don’t like it… and hate it why force it on them? I hope they just remove it completely.
I am so happy it is at least now rarely happening unless you face a troop that starts this nonsense. Yes they need to even remove this from all troops so we don’t see it at all. Lycanthropy experiment failed hard unfortunately in my opinion.

Well, ok, now that campaign built arround Lyncathropy is over, it might be removed… but seeing as there is a bunch of troops that are built arround Lycanthropy. Removing it, would involve additional work from DEVeloper team → someone would have to think how to replace traits/skills on these troops and some other people would have to code it…

That’s why I think it’s pretty much irreversible - much effort was done to make it and too much effort would have to be put, to simply remove it from the game.

I’ll stay on what I’ve said → it might be reworked somehow, but it will stay…

Am I the only one that actually like Lycanthropy? I’ve been playing for some time now (3 years at least), lvl 1300 something, and I do like it. Of course, it pissed me when it got one of my best troop, but I really was laughing my ass off when it got the right enemy troop.

Of course, I get that the strong teams owners that kill you in 2 turns are getting angry, they could lose because their team synergy is broken all of a sudden. Still, I think it brings some kind of freshness to the game. The random aspect is either really strong or bad, depending on the troop you get.

Lycanthropy actually helped me finish the Mirrorred Halls pure faction challenge: on purpose I removed the medal of Orpheus that increase the cleansing of your troops. I got extremy lucky, I got a mythic after the lycanthropy effect which I cloned using one of the troops from Mirrorred Halls. It was random but it worked, and I wish the mechanic back into the game.

If I had to express regrets about abilities, I would say that some abilities aren’t game changers. Clearly, Lycanthropy, for good or bad, is a game changer.
So are barrier, freeze, entangle, devour, silence, enchant, and maybe even death mark. On the other hand, you can get weak abilities such as poison, burning, bleeding, blessing, that don’t really count as trouble during a game. Well, that’s my opinion anyway :wink:

1 Like

I still seriously dislike this mechanic. Random change of a character into another character is simply a bad idea.

Did anyone stop to think that lycanthropy can only affect humans and they transform into the were-creature type that infected them? At least in all the lore that I know about.

So, that said, humans are really the only susceptible race, everything else has varying levels of immunity/resistance such that the chance of becoming a werecreature. They either flat out die from it or shrug it off entirely.

Reworking this so that it was an effect of skull damage done by lycans with a 10% chance of killing non-humans every turn until it wore off, and a 50% chance of turning humans into the ceature they were infected by would be far better. Generation of gems and the effects should match this.

Lycans also heal more rapidly in there lycan form so they should all have regen (1) per turm meaning the 3rd trait is all that would set them apart as their were form (rat/bat = disease, wolf = bleed, bear =enrage, etcetera)

As it works now… lycanthropy is horrid.

1 Like