Lots of guild seals saved up. Adopt me temporarily?

I’m not using anyone’s seals but my own, right? I don’t think I’m stealing anything from anyone… man is the GoW community this angry and entitled over digital bits and bytes?!?

I’m an entry level IT support tech, and I play this game on my lunch when I am not swamped with work, it’s a fun way to spend 25-30 minutes.

Well, please PM me if a guild would be nice enough to take me up for this on a weekend or something. I can patiently save my seals until I can get the 40,000 seal chest, the longer I wait, the bigger the seals pile gets. I’m excited to get a good load.

1 Like

Dude, take it down a notch. No one is angry with you or calling you the son of satan. A couple of people gave opinions on guild hopping. Obviously, it is your right to do as you like. It is a game after all.

As the evidence shows.

I’ll refer you to this:

though that’s not exactly accurate either, because what I did was branding the type of behavior towards a person who did nothing to deserve it. While the person I referred to - made his/her/its position rather clear with the previous comments - thus proving being an ass. So comparing those two things has very little merit, except for the “being mean” part in itself.

Again - you don’t want to help the guy - it’s your choice. Spamming his topic with your BS about how he “didn’t work for it, so he WON’T GET IT FROM YOU BECAUSE OAMKSDEKOASMDKASJMDKJMAS” holds no added value, except for showing off as an elitist prick. And trust me I know what I’m talking about - I’m an elitist prick myself. But I rather be an elitist prick to other elitist pricks, not weaker people or casuals.

4 Likes

The last time I looked, you didn’t get to decide what comments do or do not give “added value” to any discussion on this forum. Elitist indeed. :laughing:

Since you are the only one calling people names, it is very clear who is

1 Like

So their behavior is “disgusting” but your behavior is ok because…um…they started it? Seems a wee bit juvenile and counter-productive. To me it comes off as you just wanting to pick a fight. No idea if that’s true or not but if your intent was really to help @brandonwiker, derailing his post probably isn’t the best tact.

@brandonwiker - I can’t speak for anyone else but as a GM myself, I can say that some of my guild’s members would be upset if someone else joined for the sole purpose of making use of their hard work without that person contributing anything. I’m not saying it’s right or wrong, I don’t really think it’s either but I definitely understand why some would have an issue with it. I also don’t see any harm in you asking, so I don’t feel like you’ve done anything wrong either.

I guess what I’m saying is feel free to ask but also don’t be surprised if the answer is “no”. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You are right, I should just stand by and ignore it - none of my business after all. And me defending the guy is “derailing his topic”, while BS like this:

doesn’t :smiley: , OK! got it

Yeah, this one keeps the level with previous comments, added value much. Why exactly did you feel the need to tell the guy he can’t have your precious (SO HARD WORKED FOR) guild “resources”? Did he ask specifically you? no? didn’t think so → therefore back to my original point: you don’t want to help him - that’s your choice and your right, but no one (literally NO ONE) cares - so why share that deep thought at all? Especially in a way making the guy feel like a dirty leecher.

@brandonwiker maybe you would be better off just lying to them, getting what you need and then leaving. As you can see - a lot simpler solution than being honest, asking for help and looking for any sort of kindness around here.

Eh, maybe ppl will think twice before trying to bully someone when someone stands up to them once in a while. Ain’t that easy to go after someone who can fight back, rather than being an ass to an innocent guy. I hate bullies, and I’m allergic to stupidity, sadly reading comments of some ppl triggers both reactions.

“hey I don’t recognize that name, so I’ll call him a leecher, my forum buddies will join the bandwagon and we’ll all have a good laugh” - well, not day apparently.

4 Likes

The exact same reason you feel the need to white knight. It’s an open forum and people get to write their opinion. Amazingly, it’s something people do all day on this forum without specifically addressing anyone or getting permission from your royal highness to speak.

So, you can continue to white knight the pretend situation in which someone was being “bullied”. People shared opinions on guild hopping. Nothing more, nothing less.

1 Like

and I shared an opinion on human kinds stupidity, viciousness and lack of compassion in general, and your attitude in specific, taking the opportunity of using “an open forum and getting to write my opinion”. Glad we have that sorted out, no one would have guessed.

e/

I’m really not going to get down to your level. It’s how the saying goes: “don’t argue with an idiot, they’ll bring you down to their level and beat with experience, and the bystanders won’t see any difference”.

I wish you a great evening, and a little more decency towards other people (not me by any means, a) don’t want it, b) don’t need it from you).

Oh, you mean the general tone of your posts on the forum and this thread? I would agree.

3 Likes

Wow, @Fifthelement, I don’t know if you’re reading a different post than me but I don’t see any of that here other than from you. Maybe take a second and chill out. You’re definitely not helping things (if that truly is your goal). If you really want to help @brandonwiker, maybe talk to your guild leader and see if he can take him in or, you know, offer him anything of actual value to his situation. At this point it really feels like you’re just trolling (I’m not saying you are, just giving you my honest opinion of what your behavior is trending toward).

So, your solution is he should just lie and steal what he wants because no one here wants to give him something he hasn’t contributed to? I think that speaks a lot more about you than it does about anyone else here. Again, maybe just chill and go get some food or something. This isn’t a thread worthy of such outrage. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Do I really have to start tagging SARCASM with some sort of caps-lock or sparkling colors? You are one of the people I’d expect being intelligent enough to notice it. Then again when you are hell bent on seeing something that’s not there, it’s rather easy to take things literally or misinterpret them (as you accuse me of).

Do you really think anyone will help him after an uncalled for comment calling him a leecher? (decorated with oh so clever meme). I doubt it. And even if someone will - they’ll most likely pm him to avoid any comments from people who clearly think he’s a “guild hopper who doesn’t deserve anything”.

I do agree with one point though, it was a waste of my time to spend so much of it “arguing” with someone who quite frankly has very little to say. I do have better ways of spending my time. And I assure you - I am calm. Few more years of experience for someone of the likes of ash to make me break a sweat or get “outraged”.

Oh snap. Another brilliant comeback. I forfeit and wish you a great night <3 :smiley: (next time bring more friends to defend you when you pick a fight you can’t win because you are wrong from the very start).

1 Like

@ogunther Didn’t you know that hypocrisy and fake self-righteousness was in style on the forum? It really is the latest fashion.

As for the latest fashion? You should see his new clothes.

2 Likes

So you respond with more insults but completely ignore the fact that you could have offered to invite him to your guild the next time you have a spot open since your guild promotes that it gets to 40k seals once a month. That would have been helpful to @brandonwiker; not all this shit talking you’re partaking in. Which makes me again wonder if you actually wanted to help him or just start a fight.

Regardless, I grow tired of your insults and petty bickering, so I bid you good day and hope when next we speak you’re not in such a foul mood.

3 Likes

Bless your heart…
We can add paranoia to the list. I don’t even know Ogunther. His words were his own.

And believe me, I don’t need any help defending myself against vitriolic bullies like you. Have a good night. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

There’s enough fire in this thread to roast all the Thanksgiving turkeys this week.

7 Likes

So…not to white knight, but I just don’t understand the issue with someone letting him in? I’m on console so A. I don’t have any experience with seals. B. I can’t help him.
With that out of the way I don’t understand how him hopping into a guild spending his seals, then leaving, hurts the guild or takes anything from any of the members?
He’s a casual player just looking for a bit of help, but he doesn’t deserve the help because he doesn’t have anything to offer in return?
Let’s say theoretically someone on the forum made a great site with all the information you need about troops, or someone made a guide for soul farming or anything else, should they not give this information because other people don’t have anything to offer in return?
That’s it, just curious.

2 Likes

It’s not a matter of deserving or not; it’s a matter of it appearing like he’s not willing to do what everyone else who is reaching 40k a week is willing to do. Getting to 40k seals takes teamwork and dedication from a minimum of 27 people (27 x 1,500 = 40,500 seals). It’s easy to say after the fact “Well this doesn’t cost you anything” but that’s not really true. It cost all those members their time and effort. If they want to be generous with it and allow someone who hasn’t contributed anything to make use of the time and effort they invested, then that’s their choice. But to say it doesn’t cost them anything could be considered insulting and rude. Personally, I don’t think OP was being rude, but I can see how this could rub others the wrong way.

Also, it’s easy to want to say, oh let’s help this guy out when it’s just one dude; but if this was deemed acceptable, it wouldn’t be just one guy asking. Pretty soon everyone who didn’t want to put in the time would be asking for freebies. I don’t see anything wrong with telling people that they need to earn it the same as everyone else. (but again, to each their own; I’d have no problem with a guild who did let him use their work)

2 Likes

I’m not saying he’s entitled to it. I understand that if someone let him do it there’s the possibility that others will want the same thing. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with him being denied the chance. I fully support guilds making their own decisions about whether or not to help people. Its just the reasoning of it costing the other members something that’s silly to me because it literally would cost the members absolutely nothing. I think fifthelement was right it probably would have been best for the individual to take the dishonest route, get what he wanted and then leave.

1 Like

You mean except their time and effort to get to 40k seals in the first place. Not to mention any real money they might have spent to get there, too. But yeah, other than that, nothing. That’s why everyone gives away any and everything that they spend their time doing for free. :rolling_eyes:

1 Like