Loot Box / Gambling Mechanics need Overhaul /Regulation

Let me refer you back to one of your first posts…

I’m going to leave it at that, because you’re assuming a lot about me based on nothing. This is my first post in the thread and I’m not a beta player.

3 Likes

It’s called sarcasm in social world… it seems that you need some fresh air and to meet other ppl in 4D.
Have good day

FYI, it’s difficult to detect sarcasm in text unless it’s exceedingly obvious or explicit (/s). Clearly people did not take your first post as sarcastic. You could have stopped many of the arguments instead of activating your own defense mechanism.

It also doesn’t help your arguments when you’re continuously insulting people you’re replying to. This is now my 2nd post in this thread and you’ve tried to belittle me in both your replies to me. Why?

2 Likes

The best and truly most valuable resource in GOW is time played. Second best resource is a very good guild. All the rest is nice, but those two above are what will net you everything in the game, though to be honest it may take a couple years.

2 Likes

What difference is there between the opinion of someone who gets to see and playtest a new feature first and the opinion of any other player in the game that you would (dis)trust one over the other?

I would assume you realize beta testers are regular players themselves, arguably more dedicated than the rest of us to spend their time playtesting & providing feedback. What purpose would it serve them to blow smoke at the devs or cave to being “yes men”? By not providing accurate, honest & useful feedback to the devs they run the risk of the game being made less enjoyable for themselves so it’s obviously in their best interest to advocate for players, not the publisher.

So again why would their opinion be less useful/valuable to you than any other player??

You clearly haven’t been around long enough. Beta testers can criticize as well or better than any player in the game - and many have, repeatedly. Your perspective of beta testers is clearly flawed and you obviously think they are something other than they actually are.

4 Likes

Hey team, please keep this dicussion civil or I will be forced to close the thread.

We have rigorously tested our AI and drop rates, they do not cheat, and are working as intended. We are open about not having pity timers, and are not likely to implement them in the short term future, if at all.

We are unbelievably grateful to our beta testers, and value their varied opinions. They champion the wants and needs of players, and often disagree with us. This is a good thing, and we benefit from their differing point of view and strong beliefs.

I don’t have much else to say on this topic that hadn’t already been said by us, or by some of our forum regulars above.

8 Likes

GOTCHA! You fell into our trap! Only a greedy corporation who lies about their loot box rates publicly and plants fake beta testers to throw off suspicion would say something like that! Oh, wait…

This thing still going on :rofl:

2 Likes

Closing this thread or not is the least of my concern but what about using your time more wisely on this forum like for exemple answering to all the translation errors reported to you by players (customers) in the Translation errors masterthread? … a thread created by you btw, you remember?

I never received answers 3 months later for various errors with french version that I reported and they were not fixed with latest update…a guy probably from China just wrote today that all he reported 7 months ago have also not been fixed.

I will give you an advice: Bugs actually in your game or translations errors actually in your game that are reported to you must be your absolute top priority to take care. When all of them are answered and passed to the team for correction then remaining time (if any) is ok for answering to that kind of thread where Im writing this.
By not doing so, you are only showing that all the foreign versions of your game just pass above your head and you dont care about them.

I’ll cop to this. I sent her a PM asking her to take a look at the thread, since it looked earlier like it might get derailed by a flame/flag war. Her presence here isn’t representative of time spent watching the various threads.

But yeah, I support getting translation errors fixed. I wonder what the process is for that to happen. It seems like it shouldn’t take quite as long, or be quite as expensive, to submit fixes if the original contracted translator flubbed a few lines. (I have no clue whether my beliefs match up against reality.)

1 Like

We are busy people, and need to triage what bugs we focus on.

We are aware of the translation errors thread, but game breaking bugs and bigger fixes need to take priority. Also, if we make translation fixes, we run them by our translators first, so depending on the amount, acting on them can be both time consuming and expensive.

We do care about the game, and we respond where we can. pelase be aware that we are active across a lot of social platforms, and different players have different needs, complaints, and requests.

Thanks for reminding/educating us ~3,5years later @SheldonBurton

1 Like

Salty leaves and game goes downhill. Makes me think she saw something she didnt like b4 all of us

Such as Diamantina?