Looking for a fast kill - Valkyrie team

That’s a cool team. How about the unit order?

• hero first is a good option as hero usually has high hp stats
  • Carnex first is another option as he can boost his armour?
  • swap order of Behemoth and Valkyrie
  • as if something goes wrong you’d rather have Behemoth left at the end (with a damage spell) than Valkyrie (spell makes blues that no one now collects)
  • unless you’re meeting lots of last unit targeters (rock worm, ferit etc)

I had your exact thoughts on my unit order but it didn’t work as well with behemoth last.

Carnex is kinda squishy on the console. I ran him first for awhile and dropped hero in favor of gorgotha but I found that Carnex ended up dead too quickly. Putting him 3rd had a lot of good results.

A lot of people run Kris on ps4 and thats not something you want behemoth hit by but valk it doesn’t make much of a difference. We have a fair number of rock worm teams too. Without fail if I move behemoth to 4th I end up against a ferit, rock worm or kris team.

Either way the team is getting shelved in I’m guessing 1-3 weeks. Once 1.08 goes live behemoth’s AE really isn’t going to do much against the high HP/Armor I’ll see. With no green slime I’m guessing I’ll quickly trait glade warden or centaur scout then run warden/valk/sheggra’s heart/sheggra.

Running this order gives me 98% win ratio against the top decks in the game. Granted the AI is not that great on the console.

i see a lot of options - very few have low level cards. for soul gathering, i do challenges in the areas i am also trying to get trait stones in. Currently, I am running ragnagord (or other tank can go here), valk, dryad, and druid. a high level alchemist would do well as tank as well. :slight_smile:

Mother of god how good this team is. I finally started to get used to it. :slightly_smiling:

I told you! Now let’s hope skeleton isn’t nerfed into the ground.

He was just nerfed, so hope they give him a break for now. :slightly_smiling:

He wasn’t nerfed, he was given a slight adjustment. More is incoming.

What is your 5 cents? My 5 cents is that I think he will go up to 12 mana cost.

my 2cents is that the number of skulls will be reduced.

I expect other types of adjustments on him. If anything, I would expect his mana cost to come back down, with the balance patch as other things get tuned.

He needs to have a low mana cost as he is a common beginner troop. However, he just scaled much to powerfully in the environment.

I’m expecting more of a number skulls created coming down to around 5. I think his magic scaling will be adjusted as well, because the extra point at Legendary and Mythic, pushed him over the top.

Oh well, those are my guesses after seeing how much more he is used by high end players than the low to mid level players I feel he was designed for.

If his skulls were reduced that much he would instantly stop being used.

I would rather see a reduction in his attack gain.

I’m trying out a traited Kinight Coronet in my Soul Farm team:

Knight Coronet***
Green Slime*
Valkyrie***
Keeper of Souls*
Banner red/yellow

Stoneskin keeps the Knight alive long enough to usually take out the True Shot troop and his spell also bypasses Agility. Valkyrie creates blue for the Knight and Slime; the Slime creates purple for KoS and boosting the Coronets blade.

I’ve used various troops as the leader in the Green Slime/Valkyrie/KoS trio, including Abhorath, Templar, and Hydra. Knight Coronet is proving to be a capable fit too.

Have you tried skeleton?

I don’t have green slime or Necromancy on KoS yet (just got) so my team is
Annointed One**
Alchemist**
Valkyrie***
Annointed One**
Banner Red

Normally easy to loop and get max souls + extra gold from alchemist.
4th position can be changed but I prefer red troop to get +25% mastery and second annointed one can come in handy if close match

I used Banshee in the 4th spot. Makes red to keep loop going as well as targeted damage to take out annoying agile troops.

I have been using:
Red/Yellow Banner
Slime
Valkyrie
Sheggra
Banshee

The only problem I have with it is when blue and yellow are very rare on the initial board. It can take too long to get going in those cases. Otherwise it keeps its teeth through the entire fight, either using the slime to break tons of stuff, or surviving very well through the loss of Slime and Valkyrie. I tend to use it when I am fighting players way above my level with many more kingdom bonuses. It seems to work best in those situations where I can’t really afford to trade blows.

-Razlath

Tried this over the weekend and it works surprisingly well. Thought I would add that Green Seer can also be a sub for the 4th slot in place of Banshee.

Whilst she doesn’t add any direct damage, the entangle can be of great help vs True Shot teams and I was finding that Annointed One was always waiting for a large amount of turns to fire due to lack of Green gems, which Green Seer can happily provide :grin:

But you need to run Valkyrie 3-4 turns here for getting max souls 80?
A team with KoS gives you 50 souls for 1 turn and 80 for 2 Valkyrie turns.
On Warlord1.

You really don’t need to worry about maximizing souls every battle anymore. With the kingdom magic bonuses, and cards like Soothsayer, you can farm soul with the Valkyrie as you win. Sure, you might only get 25-50 souls and not 80+, but you win a ton of additional gold and traitstones.

Before traitstones existed, and before there were so many good gold sinks, it was more about maximum souls. Now you want maximum resource gathering.

My soul/traitstone farm tean for challenges is Soothsayerx2, Valkyrie, Zephyr. It kills pretty fast, and is really easy to hit max souls.

2 Likes