Team is Feeling Stale

Sigh, I am not feeling my team lately and am looking for suggestions to spice things up. I run:

Skeleton*
Alchemist
Valkyrie
Sunweaver

*Varies between Soothsayer or Flesh Golem with necro on challenges to hit the soul cap.

I use this team for basically everything, from farming challenges to pvp. The Alch and Val are traited for bonus souls and gold. I play on one off the hardest difficulty for challenges and turn it down a notch or two for pvp. I win so much with this team and it makes tons of resources with each go. I love the deck building aspect of the game, but other combinations that are strategically different donā€™t measure up to the resources generated by my A-team, let alone hold up at the difficulty levels I play at. It just seems inefficient to play anything else.

I might be in a creative rut, so I am curious if anyone has some good suggestions for interesting teams to play. I have all quest epics, all but 12 of the non-quest epics, and the following four legendaries: Jarl, Silent One, Gloomleaf and Sephirina (sp? the dragon that creates gems and gives life).

Grinding for traitstones is getting a bit old, so I thought I would ask you guys for advice.

Cheers!

Iā€™m in the same spot, simply because using something that doesnā€™t have two Necromancy traits and Valkyrie doesnā€™t make a lot of sense right nowā€¦ too bad souls are sooooo necessary.

Yes I felt that way, until I realized I would end up quitting If I didnā€™t do something to get out of the rut. Right now Iā€™m running:

Glade warden
Centaur scout
Aziris
Aziris

Itā€™s unique and interesting, sometimes CRAZY fast. It does suck not seeing those large soul numbers though.

Hey @PlotDevice do you have Green Slime? Great with Valkyrie and a skeletonā€¦

Try using a black beast summoner set-up to make an uber mach black beast that can crush a goblin king.

I like the summoner suggestion. I will def try that one out. I also recently pulled a green slime, so I will try that as well.

BUT I have found a team that is pretty impressive. I recently pulled a green seer, and saw an interesting combo:

Green Seer
Slime ā† will go up front when leveled
Giant Spider
Goblin Shaman

This team is nigh unstoppable once it gets going. Things sometimes get stalled when using the spiderā€™s ability, but for the most part the other team does not take take a turn. Even if they do they are usually entangled.

So I guess I found a solution!

Thanks guys!

1 Like

Thatā€™s a nice team set up, yeahā€¦ bit dependent on luck (need the slime to buff its attack to really get going) and dependent on skull drops for damageā€¦ Try Aziris or even a Skeleton instead of one of the green spawners some timeā€¦

I was was actually thinking that the spider could be switched out. His is the least important ability for keeping my turn going. I can often get away without using his ability. Iā€™ll give Aziris a shot next.