Lol at 10 event chest opening fixed sorry took me awhile :D

Well I’m sure that at least SOME people must have wanted extra copies of Valor, so they’d have spent some 15 keys worth (at least) in order to get him. And still no one’s reported getting the Dragon? Hmm.

You’re saying it’s necessary to spend 1500 gems/100 keys and a Legendary is STILL highly unlikely to show from even a limited-selection chest. Then there is no utility whatsoever in even using our hard-earned Glory to buy the Spoils of War bundle in the Shop. What’s the point? It’s a lose-lose situation. :frowning:

Never use your glory on Spoils of War, it is wasting glory. What I do, is just to buy some chests, max I will do is 20-25 every week, if I get the Legendary, good I was lucky, if not, at least I tried. If an event has a Legendary that I already has, good, then I just saving my gems for next week to try to get a new Legendary that I hopefully doesnt have enough of, and spend a little more if I have to. Try to save the gems you get from guild tasks to use them on event chests(you probably do), rather than buy the Spoils of War.

I pulled Shadow Dragon from an event key (I bought a 10 pack) so I can confirm that it is in there

The drop rate of raritys in event chests to the best of my knowledge is the same drop rate as in gem chests (maybe slightly better) the only thing is that troops are drawn from a pool containing mostly troops from the weekly kingdom (I only ever get the weekly kingdom troops but others have said they got other kingdoms too (albeit at a smaller frequency))

i.e. The legendary chance for a event key is the same as a gem key (or slightly better) but when you pull a legendary from a gem key each legendary had an equal chance of being pulled (although RNGesus sometimes makes you feel like some favor others awhile some allude you only to be taunted in the alert section of your guild mates) and event keys only have 2, the more common weekly legendary and the less common seasonal imp.

The same is also true for epic and ultra rares which is why if you buy 10 keys you are likely to end up with 3/4+ copy’s of the ultra rare in a kingdom (more if the kingdom only has 1 ultra rare)

On the other hand @Cell, did you already have a Shadow Dragon when you pulled the new SD from the event chest? My general impression is the drop rate for legendaries may be different for the ones that you’ve previously obtained.

It would appear to be that way regarding ultra rares. In the last few days I attempted 45 event keys on the Sword’s Edge kingdom and got the following:

x4 Flame Cannon [Adana]
Blast Cannon [Khaziel]
x25 Knight Coronet
Brian the Lucky [Zaejin]
x2 Berserker [Stormheim]
x2 Runic Wind Traitstone
x1 Runic Earth Traitstone
Archon Knight [Whitehelm]
x3 Valor
x2 Tau

One thing of note is that I was wondering why I was pulling so many Knight Coronets (ultra rare) and none at all of Tau (the city epic card for Sword Edge.) SO I went back to start playing through the questline in order to pick up Tau. I promptly got two Tau’s in my next few draws. Which suggests to me that it the event chest is primarily loaded only to give out what you already have… Which in my case works out to mean no Shadow Dragon. :anguished:

My shadow dragon was my first from the event key (it was a lucky pull) and you got so many knights over Tau because knight is an ultra rare which is the lowest rarity card in the pool.
I.e. How often do you buy 10 gem keys and pull an epic. The odds of pulling Tau from event keys would have been about the same.
Maybe @Sirrian or @Nimhain can confirm this infor for us, I’ve pretty sure it is accurate but it never hurts to check