Lets not use Whitehelm as a home kingdom

Tha’s only a slight help, as tha’s still yellow…

But you still have a chance at something else…

It’s plenty help for anyone who doesn’t need minors anymore. Many end-game players are done with minors, and are still much annoyed every time Whitehelm drops another Summer arcane at them.

Even for those how do still need minors, 50% of minors dropped from Dragon’s Claw are red (which is the most needed color), so in that regard it’s still better than Pan’s Vale or Sword’s Edge which some people said they set as home kingdom.

5 Likes

If they don’t want to make it completely random, and keep it based on something, they should make it based on what banner you use.

Seems like they’re discussing if making traitstones random would mess up some kind of balance. Like having to make a real choice of what kingdom you set as home. Random would be so much better. It shouldn’t be up to people to have to sacrifice what extra materials you get for the better of the community. :sweat:

My experience on console is that random is great, but since they have the hard data in front of them maybe not.

5 Likes

Random sounds great for me. And when you need specific you’ll hit that explore.

5 Likes

I’d be fine with random. I’d prefer not to rely on what people set as a home kingdom.

1 Like

They could do an easy model like:

• 1/2 chance the stone is based on the enemy home kingdom
  • 1/2 chance the stone is based on your home kingdom

Or:

• 1/3 enemy kingdom
  • 1/3 your home kingdom
  • 1/3 random

…and so on, so that at least the choices you make influence PvP stones somewhat…

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be better and easier if it just was pure random? Not based on anything at all.

4 Likes

It definitely would be better, but Nimhain said they have been discussing it. If it was easy to them, they would have already done it. So they’re probably discussing something about balance. Maybe if other ideas were put up, they would be more inclined to do it.

Also remember there was a different team that worked on the console version before as well. Who knows, they could have been the ones that made traitstones drop randomly, and that’s not how it’s supposed to be.

1 Like

I am not a Dev, but making it pure random, I really doubt that would be too hard. I rather think they have discussed about other possible solutions around the Dev table, and have the pure random idea at the side. If I am wrong, well…

Yeah that’s what I mean. I didn’t mean it would be hard to implement, but rather it might mess other things up. Balance things.

But I think it’s a bit unfair that the other platforms already have this, and we don’t.

1 Like

That might be correct. I fear that we won’t see something pure random tho, but I hope we will see it…

1 Like

Easier? Maybe, but not by much, it’s not like any of those is a complex formula, and none is extra stuff the game would have to save or remember.

Better? well that’s subjective. If it’s pure random then it might be better for everyone overall in a big picture way, but gacha RNG sucks and people would still complain - knowing the distribution across 20,000 players is broadly even won’t comfort you when you were hoping for particular stones (without the farming tedium and minimal rewards of explore mode). Some way that kingdom choices (especially your own) influenced things would probably help and some people would find that better.

3 Likes

Call me crazy… BUT…

What if the Kingdom of the WINNING player determined the traitstone that dropped?

This makes sense in that the attacking Kingdom is furthering their dominance and therefore creating more of their stones. This would make PvP a place where a player could quasi-farm for particular stones by setting their home kingdoms to a needed stone.

Crazy bad?

or

Crazy Good? :wink:

2 Likes

Interesting idea, but please, no. I don’t want to move my home kingdom around that much depending on what stone I feel like farming.

Agreed on both points. Random would be great.

It’s just a good deeds we can do as a community while we’re waiting devs to change it. Don’t y’all get tired seeing yellow stones? Because I do. :smile:
Since this thread necro’ed and words spread, I’ve seen more variety of home kingdom opponents in PvP. It’s good to see how we as a community can work together.

1 Like

A couple of updates ago, traitstone drops were based on your home kingdom. I have never understood why it was changed to the defending kingdom. If they would just switch that back, the whole Whitehelm issue would vanish.

11 Likes

Already done a long time ago! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Meanwhile in PvP…

It would be effing Summer if this rival didn’t change his home kingdom. XD

7 Likes

Probably because it was more thematic? You’re invading someone else’s kingdom. Hence, your spoils would be of whatever resources the defending kingdom had available, be it livestock, gold, vegetables, wood, etc.

Why would it make sense that you gain resources that your home kingdom produces that the plundered kingdom doesn’t have available? That just sounds like another way to meta the system to ones liking.

Explore exists for a reason. Either you PVP for gold/glory/trophies and take what you get for traitstones, or you forego those benefits for increased chance to farm the particular traitstones you want. Can’t (and shouldn’t) have the best of both worlds otherwise what’s the point of the game and where’s the challenge? Opportunity costs…

1 Like