Legendary Task Rewards

Not really, we have done around 7 and apart from the arcanes in the first two they’re pretty poor.

Fair enough. I get a little jealous when I see my wife pulling in the extra Arcanes, but that’s about the only thing that would get me excited.

1 Like

As long as it is an Arcane Summer, you will be safe.

Can’t get the exact number, as I not in front of my console. I think I’ve got just under 7 Million Gold or something…

But I’m still not donating on the old Tasks (pre update). I hoping/betting the developers will add diamonds to the list in a few weeks. If I’m wrong, oh well everyone in my Guild gets less Minor Traitstones. :wink:

1 Like

What were you planning to do with all that gold if not splurge on legendaries? Buy gold chests to mythic Totem Guardian?

2 Likes

I really don’t know? Take a vacation. I donate about 1M per week most weeks and bank the rest.

1 Like

I bet a million gold buys a few gems at least. And probably more glory

1 Like

Maybe it is just a code error and everyone should just save for the weekend.

On a side note, I hope daily tasks don’t get needed as well, the last easy way to get gems daily, besides tribute.

I’m going to tell our guild to splurge this week and then no more lt’s when the update goes live for us on console.

For once I’m glad pc got it first.

That’s if everyone is contributing - and it does add up after 5-10 legendary tasks. So no it’s not worth 33,330.

1 Like

@Ozball at least tell us the devs are listening. Everyone of us were expecting so many amazing things with the new update. I mean EXCITED. But as the “untold” surprises came out… With the AI change, updates, LT nerfs, and all the really bad things like Gems becoming scarce to impossible, everyone seems to be REALLY depressed about playing. I don’t expect answer right now, but at least tell us that you guys are listening.

Thank you,

Chris McK. I.e. Ninertwo
Power Gems

2 Likes

Just a reminder that I’m not actually a dev, I’m just a volunteer mod. Having said that, I assure you the devs are aware of all the feedback that is coming out on the forums (and via other mediums) It’s worth noting that it is the weekend in Aus so you might not see any direct posts from them, but they ARE still reading everything.

3 Likes

Thanks oz! I know, it’s just glad to see
someone with a closer ear to them listening. We were SO excited for the update. Now a lot of us are afraid to touch the pvp tab. It’s really not fun anymore to a lot of us. I consider myself a good player and careful but even going by 5/0 I was just dumbfounded at the sheer luck the AI got.
I streamed it for my guild mates and I had played great until that . 4…yes 4. FOUR skull matches dropped in a row. It was like watching a car wreck. I couldnt turn away. NEVER have I seen that…I still won, but to a lot of players they would have given up.

1 Like

@Santandrix
Daily task gem nerf - confirmed
LT task gem nerf - confirmed
Guild task gem nerf - confirmed.

Community spending money on the game nerf - confirmed.

A bit more data here from the tasks we’ve completed in the last two days, no gems in sight… highlighted in yellow is the third pull, we kind of lost interest in completing more after the 100 glory, 4 event key, 1 gem key LT :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Well, thats the guild leader job to take care that all members contribute. If for example the req. is 1 million per week, and every member achieve that, then it doesnt matter how much you contribute in one specific Leg task…in the end of the week it will be 33333 average on every LT from each members.
But of course many members like to contribute more than the minimum req. (at least in my guild) so obviously the 33333 average is theorical.
My point is a LT cost must be seen as an average of 33333 cost for one member and not 1 million even if in reality some members will be around 20000 average and others around 50000 depending on their total contribution of the week.

Has anyone compiled a larger list of the post patch legendary tasks rewards yet in a table that I can get averages/totals on? I’d like to run some early numbers.

We haven’t completed any other LTs this week after I posted our results. The first ones were not very encouraging.

We finished off the one partial we had in progress (I posted the results) and we are also holding off. It’s a shame, too, we had a couple people ready to dump gold.

From the data that’s been given by @turintuor and @Avathar, along with my guild’s completed tasks; Either something is badly amiss, or the gem reduction is far greater than we’ve been told in regards to Legendary Tasks. It also appears to me that not only have gems been nerfed, but glory keys and gem keys have been somewhat as well.

Between Marthos Guardians and Druid’s Glade that’s a total of 25 completed tasks. It’s not a very big sample size but it’s a starting point for you at least @Mithran

Edited- I forgot to include @Avathar and @Aelthwyn, so that’s a total of 35 completed tasks.

6 Likes

“Gem value”. There is no calculation I have run thus far that has given me a reasonable “gem value” amount for runics or arcanes. Assuming they also thought of minors as zeros (which, mathematically, they were), that could account for some thinning in the rest of the table. Gem keys have at best 9.5 gems purchasing power for anyone reaching LTs, more likely 9, 4.5-4.75 for VIP 5 players, but would have likely been given a straight 10:1 conversion. Same with event keys, we are likely see those to be “valued” at the full 15.

It is rather difficult to distinguish table 1 and table 2 in this new system. From the data posted here thus far, I’m only seeing two discreet values for any given reward, with the exception of task 18 on @Aelthwyn’s table posted Aug 31 which has both 4 event and 4 gem keys (the 4 gem keys may have been glory keys, which would bring this in line with the others). Perhaps there is there is only a table 1 and table 3 now, with table 1 being run twice? Table 3 runics seem to be thankfully rare, since I don’t see any in the data, but table 3 arcanes (which probably have some absurd “gem value” attached to them) seem to be fairly frequent. Zero gem drops have been reported so far, which is pretty far off “Some Gem rewards have been removed and replaced with Gem Keys” (which was only stated for normal tasks, not legendary in the first place).

For hard numbers I’ll need to put all these into one gigantic table, not sure when I’ll have time to do that. At this point, I’m need the numbers in preparation for comparative analysis of the base Guild Tasks come Monday. Adding the average of four legendary tasks would, based on the claims, get us back to where we were on weekly rewards over the same time period, as we are allegedly averaging 20-25% more gold and have a 20% reduction in task value, which would equate to the extra money/week required to purchase about four legendary tasks. So far, given the best possible rewards for a LT reported so far (8 gem key, 1 event key, 100 glory) and just considering a flat reduction without shifting resources and considering only non-VIP players, this doesn’t look possible. With a speculative flat reduction applied to the guild task nerf, we will be losing 8.4 event keys, 12.6 gem keys, 118 gems, 79.2 glory keys from the main tasks (as well as some gold keys, souls, maps and glory), so 4 LTs needs to average at least that to make up for the loss for the claims of “20% reduction” to be accurate. My prediction is that we will lose a bit more than that, and that is with very generous direct conversion values given to the gem value of things and before even considering the switch of gems to gem keys for VIP5+ players.

3 Likes