Legendary task rewards are poor and not worth it. Discuss

Yes, you’re probably right. As for mythics in LT, I never received one in 1 or 2 hundred LT we completed. Same for guild seals…I can understand no mythics because of a low drop probability but its more strange for guild seals. I think they are simply not in reward pool (must be a bug because on the picture it show seals as a possible reward).

They are in guild chests

5 Likes

thats not the case.

ppl got their missing minors via gold keys from regular guild tasks after guild got the update - with that update the issue of minors basically go solved, sad thing was adding minors to the legendary task a little while after that

nope , cause of the gold keys in guild tasks (i can confirm that as i got only 1 legendary task ever completed after it was introduced and i dont have any lacks in minors since the guild update brought the gold keys, thats a couple of months already and my hoard of minors only keeps growing)

1 Like

Hi, sorry but you didnt understand what I meant (My bad english is certainly the culprit). I know mythics can drop from guild chest. I was talking about Legendary tasks reward only! In 100 or 200 legendary tasks reward, I never received one single mythic. But I can understand that no prob because of the drop rate. Then I was saying I also never received guild seals as a reward for Legendary tasks, but this reward is displayed in the possible reward for legendary task so it must be a bug.

The Devs haven’t allowed seals to drop from Legendary tasks yet. Don’t know if they’re planning to still or not.

Then they should remove the seals from the picture of possible rewards of legendary task I think.
or at least do like with the kingdoms blue stars last 3 lvls: putting a words on it like “available soon”

2 Likes

They said they dont plan to add them soon, but consider adding them later on. Thats the response ive got.

1 Like

Fair enough, sorry for the misunderstanding!

No probs, congrats for the great pull with Pharos-Ra! :+1:

1 Like

I’m going to have respectfully disagree with you @Annaerith . I’m level 1073 and I’ve been playing this game for over 2 years (almost since the start (maybe a week or 2-3 after the game was launched)), and up until about a month ago I was always short on minor red traitstones. So you can definately count me among those that loved seeing minor red traitstones drop from legendary tasks.

I feel like people aren’t really taking into consideration what @Sirrian (IIRC) said when the legendary tasks were introduced: The legendary tasks are intended as a gold drain for the most active guilds. So really we should consider oursevelves lucky that we still get something for our gold, 'cause if legendary tasks weren’t there we’d all be sitting on tens of millions of gold…

And to be honest, what you get from legendary tasks is pretty OK. Some rewards are better than others, sure, and we’d all like to see more mythics drop from legendary tasks (I’m still missing 3 for example), but we all need to keep in mind that for that 1 million gold (33.333 per guild member) every guild member gets all the rewards. So really it’s not a bad payout at all.

Just my opinion of course, feel free to disagree with me! :smiley:

3 Likes

The only downside for me from legendary task is the minors. The rest is fine. But now to think that some of my guildmates are nowhere near end-game phase and still needs minors, I decided to stop complaining about getting minors. I personally never had problems with minors, any colors. But that’s probably because I’m just playing too much. :neutral_face:
Also agreed with “it’s just 33k gold per member” as a nice way to see this legendary task. I’d take 33k for 6 arcane or 6 gem keys any day. Well, sometime I still feel like getting a slap in the face when I dump millions of gold and I got minors, especially minor wind XD. But overall, rewards from legendary task is fine.

i agree that in general the guild tasks are not bad, and rather balanced for the gow economics

but about the minors i disagree that without the legendary task granting them they would still be an issue,

sure you would need them but not anywhere close to the needing of runics (which noone even mentions here)

with the gold keys from guild tasks alone red minors would/are moved from the “starvation” to a normal need rate somewhere in a good proportion to runics and arcanes. sure legendary tasks can move it from " normal need" to a “barely need” after a while, but that i think is not really any better balance then the “normal need”,
considering the group of ppl who farm legendary tasks are rather very active most of them dont need the extra minors or wont need em rather sooner then later and also most if not all of them could use any other reward more likely instead (even if you dont count alone the chance of getting a certain wanted reward - which - the chance - i would take as more valuable then the minors themself)

basically with the legendary tasks i consider minors an overflow - just as majors.

wheather you justify a reasource overflow as a thing that should have place or not is another matter.

That’s an interesting observation, but not an experience I share. I have literally never been short on runics.

I used to need a lot of minor reds, but now I’m just short on arcanes and celestials.

1 Like

I’m in end game and my bottleneck is always runics. But, that’s because I hoard resources for 3 to 4 week periods. Anyone that spends keys regularly will have plenty of runics.

2 Likes

Not true for me but then again I normally spend my gems on VIP chests and not gem chests so that’s partially my own fault (but VIP chests are a much better bang for my buck right now).

1 Like

I respectfully disagree and hope a new currency like that never sees the light of day here.
That would be far too close to pay to win.

The fact that this game hasn’t gone full free to play BS is the only reason why I play and support this game. I have spent money in it and eventually I’ll spend more if they ever give me something to spend money on that isn’t a complete gamble (not necessarily due to drop rates but rather the fact that it’s a complete chance at getting something good because the balancing in this game needs a lot of work).

2 Likes

Everytime someone mentions “pay to win” it sounds really like if the developers of this game doesn’t deserves ANY profit from this great game… Yes, i know that you didn’t mentioned it in this sense, but bear with me as i’ll try to explain better my point.

That’s exactly what this new currency i mentioned should be about! Something that could certainly be interesting to people that are willing to pay for the last few troops/or whatever they are missing. How things are just now i can wait for a loooooooooooooooong time until i get a lot of gems, for free, to make a gamble that can totally backfire on my face… Or in a moment of complete insanity i could spend a crapload of money (because right now “1 american Trump dolar” is worth something like 3,1 “Banana moneys”) and make a huge gamble in the hopes that it doesn’t blows up on my face…

Or if i could win the lotto and decide to spend a “Mega-Giga-Ultra-Crapload of Banana Moneys” to get something like twenty million gems and spend it to get all the cards how wouldn’t it be “pay to win” in this current (unreliable) economy? (If anyone feels up to it you can calculate how much it would cost these twenty million gems in “Trump dolars”. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: )

So, the way i see it even the gems, the top currency we have in-game, are becoming worthless for the game progress since we can get a lot of them and hardly have some solid result using those. So why would anyone buy it with real money AT ALL?

Now, with some currency that is better than gems, with solid results when spent maybe you, me and others could be interested in make some purchases in order to pick what is interesting to us like a missing Mythic card.

1 Like

Maybe in that sense those VIP keys you can now buy in the shop are better than gems. They just take longer to save up obviously, and that’s $15 for 6 keys. :smile:

They should allow a couple of VIP keys to be in the event rewards on certain weeks as they see fit.

1 Like

I supported the devs this week by buying a few things to try to get the latest mythic.
Lol, didn’t even come close to getting anything I remotely needed.

Lol, back to the drawing board and start saving again for another month. Weeeeeee

3 Likes

Yeah in this sense Vip keys are pretty much the highest currency we have, but even on those i feel “cheated” a lot of times when i keep getting @DonBoba “+ed” with those pesky Mythics… :wink:

Anyway, my input has the best interest on the longevity of the game in mind as i see that if it’s profitable it will live longer. I fear that the generosity of our developers went a little too far at some point with the gems and that the collateral damage is that the gems are just not enough anymore, devalued, so people will “crave” for more gems wich leads to more demands for more features with rewards even better as we saw with the events and now with the legendary tasks…

And it’s not just a matter that i have “first world problems” that i can’t handle, i assume that at some point these “obstacles” to complete our collections will affect every player at some point as the number of cards keeps growing and the chance of successfuly obtaining an specific one keeps decreasing…

Also, the game decided to just mess with me and after some glory being spent (3K) i got Jotunar, my frist Event Mythic! :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes