Legendary tasks

I thought legendary task were getting a buff I literally just completed one and got 1 event key 100 glory and 8 gem keys like it’s almost not worth it to even do em

2 Likes

Where did you hear about buffs? Developers talked about nerfing them even further because guilds do to many of them already. They were never good enough payout after gems were removed from them.

2 Likes

Maybe it was a nerf I heard they were supposed to be doing something with them…they def don’t need to be nerfed as they aren’t worth crap now my guild does atleast 50 a week rarely do we get a troop from them although we did get infernus off one last week the majority of them don’t yeild squat…tf am I going to do with 1 event key and 100 glory :joy:

1 Like

On a positive point of view, surplus gold has no use after the kingdom upgrades (at least we have the faction upgrades now) so even the tiny amount of resources are useful than holding something useless.

Still it doesn’t mean i’m objective to your view point, the rewards are most of the times very disappointing.

I’m sure somebody posted recently that it will take 6.7 billion gold to fully upgrade factions, suddenly gold has a use again!!!

1 Like

That’s probably if they are super careful. The cost implementation is based on the number of Treasures added not the raw increase. (it’s a bit odd)

Just in case any devs are wandering around this thread, please consider that most guilds are not top tier. We don’t complete 50 Legendary Tasks, and we never will.

Our guild is chock full of active players, and we save up gold all month and splurge on Guild Wars week. We still only complete 15 so, and when you get 2 Event Keys, some souls, and 1 Arcane it is really disheartening.

If you want to change how rewards work to best benefit guilds of all sizes, bring back the previous Task Rewards, then change Legendary Tasks to have diminishing returns, as such:
LT 1-5: 150% reward
LT 5-20: 100% rewards
LT 21+ 75% reward

2 Likes

[quote=“Strat, post:6, topic:46094”]

On a positive point of view, surplus gold has no use after the kingdom upgrades (at least we have the faction upgrades now) so even the tiny amount of resources are useful than holding something useless.

I’m sure somebody posted recently that it will take 6.7 billion gold to fully upgrade factions, suddenly gold has a use again!!!

That’s probably if they are super careful. The cost implementation is based on the number of Treasures added not the raw increase. (it’s a bit odd)
I added 5 of 1 type of treasure last night and it cost 79k gold. Currently treasure level 79 and quality level 9.

The gold cost for adding treasures to the hoard is 600 + 200 * (hoard level), fwiw (Hi Zepp!!!)

1 Like

its actually [600+ (200*hoard level)] * number of treasures being added

1 Like

Ya, per treasure. I guess thank you for adding clarity, but there’s no real difference in what you wrote

so if I wanted to upgrade hoard level 800…

600 + (200*800)
600 + (160,000)
160,600 * 5 = 803,000 gold

I heard people liked donating 5 coin purses for 50xp for 803,000 gold. Even 5 Genie Lamps for 1,250 XP for 803,000 gold is not a great feeling…

HUUGE gold sink. This is also the reason why its better to use the low rarity treasures early on despite the low chance of quality upgrade

Its definitely excessive. They could tone it down a big margin.

So given what we know now what is the least expensive way to hoard lv 100? Keep in mind mythic and legendary treasures are hard to come by.

500k to 1 million is my best guess.
I have 2 factions at level 100.
I never do an upgrade less than 250 XP.
I’m still able to donate 3 million a week to my guild.
Beyond level 100 is a waste of gold. (At this point)

2 Likes

The more high quality treasures you throw in, the less gold it’ll cost, more or less. Assuming infinite Mythic treasures, that would be the best. They’re hard to come by, so different players will have different amounts to throw in.

When in doubt, its better to throw better treasures higher up in the hoard, unless you really want to throw a mythic treasure as your 1st donation…

1 Like

What’s interesting about Factions is. Guilds that are lower ranked and not doing legendary tasks have an advantage compared to top guilds. Since they are able to make more gold in PvP.
EVERYTHING that involves gold definitely needs to be reworked.

2 Likes

@Sirrian safe to assume that when legendary tasks are overall reduced by 25% due to Faction Leveling. We will see the Gems brought back to legendary tasks… Or at least a 16% increase in legendary task values? :grinning:

2 Likes

So use only lower rarity treasures up to say… level 50? Then after that only use legendary to level 90 or so and Mythic for the last 10? Something like that?