Last Weeks' Bounty Troop (Sister Superior)

This was nothing but a test to see how far they could push to get people to spend gems. Anybody thinking this troop would improve with ascensions has rewarded that agenda.

I bought max tier for the events one time. And then a few because my guild at that time had it as mandatory. Now, I will never buy a single tier of anything again. Orbs shmorbs, blah blah. The prices are INSULTING to me.

My math skills are about 2+2=9 but I know 100 dollars= more than a chance to get an absolutely worthless reward at a premium currency that has as many random values as somebody dreams up that day, that currency being gems.

I’m still waiting for the PVP revamp that charges me 10 gems to play one match. That will be the day. :see_no_evil:

I appreciate the concerns you have all listed. As I said in my post, we have taken all the feedback we have received across our various social media accounts and made future decisions accordingly. :sunflower:

@Saltypatra Send us some free loots in mail it will help to forgive you :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We were literally playing with a dead troop all week. Incentivized by greater numerical reward points for using it even though it couldn’t actually do anything (except that she can stun Valraven!) …

3 Likes

I was using her in first slot with dawnbringer(bard), at least she was doing good skulls damages

2 Likes

You could also have stick to level 17 and farm there and loose much less battle than on further level

At battle 17 Sister was useful to cleanse stun and burn from Stoneham met at least loll

I finish close to 300k points by buying tier 6 and I lost 15 fights so pretty sure tier 5 was enough to get all rewards.

Many losses were on 18-19-20 because of stubbornness…

Except you really couldn’t use a full Divine team cause of the bounty score multiplier.

Bounties aren’t really about beating all 20 levels. But instead getting all 20 stages for the least amount of sigils.

It wasn’t… Lol

How many battle did you loose and what was your final score? And what was your bounty multiplier?

Mine was x22

Didn’t keep track. But on tier 5 lost too much to even complete stage 18. My lowest was 24 my highest was 30.

Reward 18 or like battle stage 18?

Any of those seems impossible unless you lost 20 fights

Since you appear to take this “community feedback” into account i’d like to repeat that the outrage over that issue(that was basically just a little more than a handfull of people repeating themselves a lot in different threads) was way overplayed.
This troop was just slightly less usefull than other Bounty troops on higher fights as doing twentyish damage like the other BH troops doesn’t do much more than literally nothing against 200 effective health opponents.

Personally i’d rather see more troops like the Sister that are potentially useful outside of Bounty events so that the design of these troops is not for naught like basically all Bounty troops that came before her who i will never touch outside of Bounty events, and even in Bounty events will always have to be carried by “real troops” as dead weight…

8 Likes

Thanks for your feedback Gouki! You’ve given us lots to think about. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would say that bounty troop group so far lacks mana generator like gems transformer. Low number gems spawn like scavenger are too tisky to be useful

I have no patience nor understanding for that completely unacceptable BS of a reason.

The troop selection was a mistake / error / bug or whatever else describes what needed to be fixed. Nun cleanse was useless since only one troop on one enemy team could status effect you.

Instead 3 days of silence on the devs. If soul forge troop can be fixed in 12 minutes this disaster could be too.

3 Likes

Sister Superior + Domovoi wins all.

I think @UKresistance is being hyperbolic, but he has a point. Sister Superior’s spell does three things: cleanses, causes status effects against some troop types, and grants an extra turn.

The cleanse was almost useless because only one possible troop we faced this week could cause any status effects at all; and we were perfectly free to avoid battles against Stonehammer if we wanted. The status effect aspect was equally unhelpful, because at most one troop in any possible battle could be affected by the spell, and that one troop only appeared in 25% of battles. As I found out, I couldn’t even use her to delay a move and force the AI to set up a match for me, because of the extra turn.

So the only routine use for the troop was, as @Shimrra pointed out, as a meat shield. I think she is a very useful troop in future events (and her extra turn will be awesome then), but this week she was dead weight.

1 Like

So, for one week only, Sister Inferior?

5 Likes

They’re just adding new exclusive game mode troops (i.e., raid; invasion, bounty) to increase your kingdom power. Original on their part? Hardly. Running out of ideas? Sure looks like it.

So the experiment was, “How many players will buy high gem tiers anyway?” and we didn’t get an announcement of that result. I suppose we’ll find out with future bounty troops.

Too much about these modes is about Skinner Boxes. By that I mean everything about raids/invasions/bounties is a measure of how hard you’ll bang your head against a wall for some orbs. It’d be nice to see some new modes designed around, “What might be something fun for players to do?” instead of, “Gee, you’d get the orb faster if you’d spend money on gems.”

3 Likes