Issue: Weekly Events not Resetting Correctly (Jan 1st 2018) FIXED

I guess 30+ is the wait time … I got my second just now.

Except that we were asleep at the time, so there was no time to set up an appropriate PVP defense team - nor did we know beforehand what colour it would be on the first day.

We just got shafted. :bomb::boom:

I set my PvP defence yesterday to my Blue defence but it has still reset to my previous PvP defence today. Now will have to rejig some of my other defences to maintain the 24 troop bonus

@Sirrian, @Saltypatra, no thank you from France. I was asleep - like most Europeans, especially those having to be back at work today - when the fix came out (around 3am). By the time I got up, it was already past the daily reset. I got stuck with whatever team I had on defense in pvp last week - which as it happened was 4 fire bombs. I lost my guild 1500 points for unique troops, and am giving away every GW battle I’ll be defending for.

This sucks.

well I lost 40 to 60 event points…even though events were stuck…I earned up to the 200 range…and lost those points, I’d really like to get them back

You had plenty of time to change your first slot to something other than 4 firebombs. People knew about it, and if they didn’t alter their first slot that’s their own fault. I’ve just had woken up and upgraded sentinels and set defence teams, apart from the defence today all is fine. My defence team is pretty strong today anyway but the biggest disadvantage is that it’s been on public display for the last 12 hours or so. It’s no big deal, first world problems and all that.

3 Likes

Same, no guild task rewards. Are we ticketing or waiting for a Dev response first?

Same here. No rewards. I’ve been on over 1/2 hour.
I have had the mail notification but when I click on the mail there’s nothing.

@Yourmum & @Outlaw ; People in my guild were having the same problem but they said once they logged out then back in again their rewards were then in their mailboxes. I don’t know if it will be the same for you but it’s worth a shot.

1 Like

Logging out and in made nothing for me. But once I completed a task, I received all basic/legendary tasks rewards.

1 Like

Same, did a daily task (use 100 gold keys) and they were there. Don’t know if it was the task or the key opening though.

@Cyrup

Well this didn’t work and for some reason it’s decided to use an old “Freebie” team that is 4 x Alchemists that I set to help others in PvP a week or two ago.

This means that a) I have a crap GW Defence team which is going to get walked all over by every opponent and b) I lose out on the bonus for using 24 x different troops in GW Defence.

Not impressed :frowning:

I meant I completed a guild task (legendary) but good to know that also the daily task made it to work. :slightly_smiling_face:

I had plenty of time? I had from 3AM to 8AM. Sure, I could’ve changed my pvp defense team, but I generally do that once a new event starts, to have some idea what to put up. Not sure what people you’re referring to who knew about it. I don’t spend much time on the forums and there was 0 in-game communication.

2 Likes

There were problems and people didn’t think of looking at the forums for answers and work -
arounds?
It’s annoying but from 07.00 Monday through to 03.00 Tuesday morning is 20 hours to swap out a team or look online. I think that’s enough time.

1 Like

Look at my post above.

The fix was not issued until 03:00 on Tuesday morning when everyone in Europe (even me!) was in bed.

I had tried setting my PvP Defence Team to my Blue Defence Team, but it didn’t work, so I now have lost GW points.

And for an issue like this, the Devs should put out a message to ALL players via the game, not just expect everyone to look at the forums.

4 Likes

Just imagine, there are people who don’t speak English.

4 Likes

Or have jobs, or otherwise don’t devote 12 hours a day to a video game…

I mean, we’ve had maybe 2 bug-free weekly updates in the last quarter? If you want some kind of stable competitive environment I’m not sure placing wagers on GoW is wise.

3 Likes

Google translate? Works fine when I was having to communicate with German and French guildies.

there should anyway be some kind of ingame communication. In the ingame mail, for exemple?
Also, there’s people - me, for one - that first thing monday donate to the gild, buy the weekly troop and play Dungeons. And only then they realize there’s something wrong and go to the forum.
This week I did it different but it was pure luck, but I’ve thrown away several Explore battles.

1 Like