Issue: Weekly Events not Resetting Correctly (Jan 1st 2018) FIXED

Count yourself lucky, I don’t think my insurance even covers that procedure! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dilettante! A true 'core Guild Warrior would have stayed up all night! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thank you, such a great compliment! :wink:

1 Like

Coulda made GW 5 days instead of 6? Or too much packing around for that? Count days 2-6 and then subtract day 1 points.
:stuck_out_tongue:

I feel this kind of “argument” is sort of a staple of game forums.

What you are saying is rational. “It would be nice if it were easy to access game news in the game. It would be especially nice for people whose lives don’t revolve around constantly refreshing the forums or a Discord.”

For some reason, people take a perverse pride in navigating a labyrinth to be “in the know”. Worse, a lot of people connect dots between “I don’t need this feature” and “it would ruin the game if this feature were to be implemented”. The two often combine to form, “I feel proud I can do without your feature, so I’d feel less proud if I had your feature.” (One could suggest it could also be phrased, “I like laughing at people who don’t jump through hoops to stay informed.”)

But I think what you are asking for is reasonable. It is a very obvious feature for a game to have a way for devs to push an announcement about things that are broken to players. GoW already has a window that pops up event stuff to you, it’s easy as a player to imagine it could have text like, “Yes, we know some stuff didn’t reset, it will be back to normal soon.” And since GoW is, what, 3 years old, it seems reasonable to expect features like that to be there.

Still, at least a dozen people out there are willing to loudly argue against it. Guaranteed.

It aint fixed though is it?

Xbox One
Reset my Xbox 5 times
Guild tasks have not re set
I cant donate
Cant get any of the task rewards so far.

Now what?

I wouldn’t argue with it, but the fact is that Guild Chat has been buggy for the entire time I’ve been playing GoW, thru many version changes, switch to Unity, new UI, etc.

My Guild uses Discord because we don’t trust the in-game comm features, simple as that.

Maybe the devs feel the same way and that’s why all warnings/announcements go up in the Forums and not in the game! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Now, unfortunately, you wait 4-5 hours for Australia to hit business hours again. That’s a strange problem I haven’t seen reported elsewhere (though I am not all-knowing), so you probably need a dev to get involved. Could try emailing Zendesk on US time, but I don’t know what they’d be able to manage.

(As far as I know, everything eventually reset correctly for everyone else. But it is surely possible that I missed someone with the same problem you have now.)

What? As far as i can tell those were never required for internet discussions… :wink:

Jokes aside i fully agree.

@Sirrian, we would certainly be well served with such feature. Some sort of Popup warning under the Chat Icon telling us there are issues going on and an estimate time frame to when things will begin to be fixed as well as a regular link to the forums. Make a message with a model on each language supported by the game and “sneak” this built-in feature into the game in a way that it will only shows up when activated by the team. (More points if the activation mechanism is a red button bigger than @Saltypatra’s coffee mug :stuck_out_tongue: )

3 Likes

Most F2P games I’ve played have a “notices” screen that pops up on login. GoW has one, but chooses only to show event information in it. I’ve also noticed it randomly likes to pop up the “Path to Glory” shop too. So it’s not out of their realm, but I think it’s never been considered a vector for notifying the player of game issues.

Realtalk, no sarcasm, I feel like we still have the transparency issues I saw people complaining about even before the Unity update. In a game with collectibles and large investments required for advancements, I’m sort of used to expecting the devs to have published some rough idea of what they’re focusing on in the near future. That helps players have some understanding of where to invest resources.

The way GoW communicates with its players feels more like “obfuscation” than “communication”. Even this issue has information spread across two different threads posted to two different categories. But from other threads I get the sense the only way to understand what direction the ship is sailing is to:

• Religiously read every post in every thread on the forums, even ones not related to your pet issue.
  • Visit several mysterious Discord chats that may or may not be clan specific and sure as heck aren’t listed here.
  • Watch some monthly (weekly?) stream in which devs answer questions and make (undocumented) promises that get quoted on forum threads.

It’d be nice if devs would commit to speaking through one medium? I like how some of the community mouthpieces function, but I don’t like when I can’t sort fact or fiction out because the thread about an issue is a maze of links or anecdotal information.

3 Likes

Like me, I was up until 4am German (=Europe) time and fixed my stuff after watching Salty stream. :stuck_out_tongue:
…I’m very tired today.:laughing:

2 Likes

Sheba Final

7 Likes

I wish I could like this one million times because this is just perfect in every single way and detail. :blush:

2 Likes

They happened to fix it about 10 minutes before I walked my dog for the night. SO I was able to get some stuff done and I’m pretty sure I got the login bonus twice.

It’s hard to play when walking a dog and it’s 24 degrees but sacrifices were made!

1 Like

Fixed.

Support advised me to complete a task.
I did and got all the rewards :+1:

Well, support are better than the Devs lol

1 Like

That would have been more fair.

1 Like

Sorry that there wasn’t a lot of communication about the issue. We can perhaps consider doing a notification to set teams in the game next time so everyone is prepared. It all happened very quickly and the team was focused on resolving the issue itself.

Either way, the compensation for this issue has now been sent you and is inside your daily mail. It expires in 3 days. :slight_smile:

Guild Task rewards was fixed yesterday! If you’re still not getting them try: Opening/closing the game (not just minimising it), checking your mail (and ‘Collected’), if this does not work you will need to complete another GW task to trigger the reward.

4 Likes

Thanks for the little compensation package!

1 Like

That’s very nice and much appreciated, but my Guild has still lost the GW defence bonus points that I didn’t receive because it chose the wrong team for me :frowning:

Thanks for the compensation.

1 Like