Is there cheating going on in PVP?

Please is it possible to just accelerate the hint given in puzzle matches for us it would help us compete with programmers that can hack your game speed…

2 Likes

@Sirrian

I have very rarely played any game where the Developers called out and listed cheaters. You are in the majority and perfectly are correct in your policy.

The only game that I played that handled cheaters in the best fashion imaginable was Titanfall from Respan. Titanfall is a FPS so its an entirely different genre. Anyhow, If a players were caught cheating they would permanently flagged and placed on a single dedicated “all cheaters” server with all the other hackers, aimboters, lag-switchers. I think Respawn called it a “Wimbledon of aimbot contests” in their original post.

5 Likes

That actually sounds good, they probably would never know they were flagged.

Sorry Sirrian, for the transparency sake I decided to share method used to fight cheaters. Warning, drastic images. :innocent:

3 Likes

It’s quite easy to detect speedhacks, you just have to compare the time spent in the client and the time spent in real life… ofc you have to consider that people might have a slow internet connection and random problem like this, so maybe if you do it once in a while and you dont set the speed higher than 1.5x or 2x you might get away with it, but still you could get caught

Cheating is always bad, expecially in competitive games. And it ruins all the fun.

Plus if you accelerate the animations as you suggested, it would just become a farming game, you would only play just to get more wins, hence more gold/souls/exp/etc… so much fun wow <_<

The only animations I would remove are those at the start of the game (traits), everytime I face goblins I have to spend like 10 seconds watching all the effects of their traits… I already know them by heart damn xD
And it would be nice to have the option to alt-tab and still having the game running… but they already said that this was kinda triky to do, due to something about adobe

3 Likes

The only time bans are called out is where it’s an eSports game and involves an active pro or very prominent player.

1 Like

Or if you are playing H1Z1.

So what about the trophies that were made by them in dirty way?

Trophies were removed

@Studs Never Ban! Always Nerf! :stuck_out_tongue:

people keep saying trophies, but wouldn’t the gold donations to the guild for keys-souls-gems and like also need to be removed. to make it or keep it fair… I mean as someone in the chat channel loves to point out they made 5k glory keys that week… Pfft

2 Likes

Even without taking in to account what was donated by ‘said banned members’ we still will clear over 5k keys and gems. They were only about 5-7% of out donations. People dont realise how much our guild works towards our goal and almost all out members far surpass any and all expectations.

2 Likes

Your guild (if it’s the one I’m thinking of) has done a great job at recruiting and moving up the ranks. It’s not your fault if someone comes in and is not playing by the rules. You shouldn’t be punished for someone else’s actions.

4 Likes

@GREEK-13, Well said! I really hope that people do not label the entire guild as “cheaters” because of the actions of a select few.

4 Likes

Interesting point about cheating and Guilds. One fair way would be to find the total Gold that player contributed to the Guild say 5.5M for example.

Since one can not remove Keys and Gems (once collected and spent) by other guild members. To be fair the Developers could create 1 single 5.5M task for that the Guild must complete in order to go back to the regular tasks to “pay for what they collected” from the cheater.

1 Like

Or… since the @$#//$ have been booted lets move on , play , have fun :sunny:

8 Likes

It is good to know the developers are on top of this. I have been in the top 10 one time so far, and this week again. I scaled back this week before the removal as it was pointless to push for top 6. Now, I guess I might try and stay there.

If using one of 2 fast teams, I can win approximately 25-30 times per hour

Personally, why play a game if you want to cheat at it. I like to win fairly and not with the help of something else. Cheating was rampant in some of the old games like Evony and that caused me to leave.

5-7% came from the cheaters? Uhuh, 30 ppl, assuming EQUAL contributions, 3 of them = 10%. Those 3 did MANY times more pvp battles than most of other people (just “more” than literally anyone else), so please revise your math or at least stop lying to make it look better.

Do you get tons of keys/gems w/o cheaters (i.e. more than anyone else)? yes. But don’t make it sound like what they cheated for you is nothing :wink:

fun idea, I’m waiting for the QQ about how “unfair” that would be. Even tough it would be a flawless solution. The gold from the cheaters being a loan, time to pay it back.

e/ or as an alternative, just send everyone the amount of keys/gems equal to what certain people got from cheating, that’d work too.

1 Like

I think it’s time to let this go now. The ill gotten gains that can be easily and fairly removed have been.

4 Likes

I didn’t start this thread to attack anyone or insult a guild’s integrity. I only wanted to know if there was cheating, and if so, what was being done about it. One of the devs was nice enough to give us some insight. It appears they are actively trying to punish those who cheat. That’s good enough for me. I understand the argument that some people who didn’t cheat, still benefited from those who did. But the ones not cheating, didn’t make others cheat. Those individuals did so on their own. No need to throw everyone in a guild under a bus over it. What’s done is done. Hopefully the devs can keep the cheaters out of the game.

9 Likes