Is there cheating going on in PVP?

Look on the bright side, you got a good few Arcanes for your trouble, and all they got was the boot!

Let it stand as a lesson to anyone considering cheating, you can either play the game legitly and be awarded appropriately for your time, or end up losing everything and have that time and effort permanently wasted.

4 Likes

I am so grateful to hear this. I was beginning to fear for the integrity of the game.

7 Likes

Since the game/devs are getting better at banning things that cheat, can we ban The Great Maw? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

There is also a “return on investment” to consider. When cheating is isolated, minor, and doesn’t impact other players it generally isn’t worth investing the coder hours required to plug to loopholes. Once it gets to the point that other players start taking notice, either because of direct competition (PVP), or resources generation (maps), it can drive players away. And since cheaters are not the type to spend money, it’s a very losing proposition. So it is worth spending coder hours to address it.

2 Likes

Let me at least have my fun with him for a couple of weeks. I’ve only recently started playing with him.

1 Like

This is a relief. Us members of Intrim were asking questions too. Cheating is NOT acceptable. Period. The extra trophies have been removed and we can move on with a level playing field now. Thank you Sirrian :slight_smile:

12 Likes

I am in the guild with the banned persons and personally i can just say: best decision devs, thank you.

4 Likes

I’m super happy that it got resolved, great job devs, keep the game clean. :smiley_cat:
But I keep wondering, was trophies the only benefit, those cheaters generated for their guild? Hope that it was somehow addressed as well. :slight_smile:

I’d like to hear an answer to this as well as you. Especially that we aren’t speaking about a small number of trophies.

no worries about that. one donated nothing. and the other 2 did donates like all the other members.

I was wondering, why this conspiracy? In all the games I played game masters or developers were always giving a public info about punished cheaters names, reasons and punishments and this method always seemed right to me.
Its like with banning sportsman for not passing anti-doping tests.

1 Like

I’m guessing legal wrangles and so on…

1 Like

Its a crazy world when you cant simply state a fact like Person A was banned for doing B.

…he who shouts loudest

Yeah I wanna get on the commemorative plaques before I quit also ! :smiley:

it’s this virtual muzzle you see, as i’d like to remind everyone of some other posts that addressed this issue clearly.
So yes no callouts, but transparency is a must towards your loyal community.

1 Like

you were robbed! :scream:

4 Likes

That’s strange. Most games I play function similarly to this one.
It’s a fair question though, so here is our reasoning.

1. I think all players, banned players included, have a fair expectation of privacy. The ban is a matter between our company and the individual involved. Transparency is good, and we believe in it where appropriate, but just as we don’t share contract negotiations with our publishers, we similarly don’t share names & reasons for banning. Both of them involve our company, both of them involve in small ways the game we play , but neither of them meaningfully involve the community as a whole.

2. The provision of banned players’ names really serves no purpose except to be a spectacle for them to be dragged through the mud by the community. I don’t like being a part of that, and I think things like this are an opportunity for us all to show a little class, nod wisely, and move on.

3. The release of details of why players have been banned has never been a good idea in an official announcement, as it just serves as a neat starting point for more curious people to go and try something similar. Furthermore, providing information to hackers/botters/exploiters on how we caught them, just makes it easier for them to come back with improved hacks/bots/exploits next time.

26 Likes

Some of them probably do it for the attention, that would be taken away by your methodology.

3 Likes

Thank you. This one seems to reach out to me the best :slight_smile:

2 Likes