Is it time to nerf Psion?

Thank you guys for the answers, so if nerf is not the solution maybe make the player pool bigger, cause i really feel like im only playing against the same people and team over and over

I know they already increased the pool but i think it wasn’t enough and really think instead of playing against the same 10 person they should increase that pool to 30 or 50 persons

3 Likes

No, Psion doesn’t need a nerf. What I would like to see changed is the pvp match up system. Lately, the game will serve me Psion teams until I lose to one. Then Infernus until I lose. Then Khorvash. I only seem to get a break when I lose and that seems weird to me.

7 Likes

I’m okay with all troops being as they are. I am not okay with my PVP selection being three of the same teams.
I feel what we really need - like others said - is a change of the PVP selection system. This could be several things, from changing the refresh cost to something non-gem to some kind of check that no two teams in the selection can be the same and no troop can be in more than two teams shown. Or whatever.

2 Likes

Every time there is a meta we hear cries of nerfing stuff. Instead of that, how about troops to counter the effects? And infernos is fine as he is. Mythics are supposed to be strong.

1 Like

Again, where did you see me cry? I was asking a question, all you need to say is “No” there is no need to make your show

Ty for your feedback

A Khorvash, Valkyrie, Mab team would be handy against Psion… In PVP. last slot can be Mercy / Spirit Fox / Sylvanimora.
I believe it is a good counter team for Psion team.
Because, you know, traits can be disabled with stun, unless it is an impervious troop.

Psion certainly needs a nerf, because of the not-new-anymore cascade behavior (ie skull dropping like hell)…

Psion 3rd’s trait will be still unique and powerful if he drains better than steals mana (as said by others here). The issue is that he steals mana and then casts to drain again…

On the other hand, his spell is not that great for mana drain (only 7 mana) so I will boost it to half the mana cost of the troop better than a flat 7 mana.

So in resume, nerf his 3rd trait and boost his spell.

4 Likes

It would be nice to see Siphon’s “Steal” be downgraded to “Drain”.

There are plenty of counters to Psion/Ragna/Famine/… but it doesn’t make it any more fun to play against all the time. Variety would be nice.

1 Like

There’s something to this, I’ve kind of noticed it too. It seems like I face somewhat hard things for 4 or 5 battles, then it goes nuts and it starts giving me only 9k+ power teams for the 2 and 3 trophy matches. I have trouble with those, eventually lose, then it’s all back to normal again.

3 Likes

I’d like to try a week of fighting an opponents random def team.

1 Like

The permanent cure to the overpopulation of meta pvp defenses is a lesser refresh cost, gems are just too precious. Once people start getting almost no attacks on their meta team they will soon change it.

Another option is letting people choose just 1 single troop that they hate the most (for me that would be the never-dying dragon soul) and that would filter enemies so no team would show up that has that troop. This would have the same effect by whatever is the current annoying meta defenses not getting any attacks and maybe people will switch to something else.

Is it time… no…

The time to nerf Psion? That was ages ago, after the first 20-30 of the Psion-hate threads appeared. They run numbers, they should be able to tell that there’s Psion absolutely everywhere right now. Did it before to find out there was an overabundance of Valkyries.

I’m not even biased. Psion is just one of the very least fun things to play against. Especially since its usually a randomly-dropped set of skulls that does it.

2 Likes

Psion feels like a strong card because he is very useful in drain teams.
But on his own, he is squishy . Skulls destroy him, and there are many ways to stop him: entanglement, stun, or just remove attack.

Psion is not a card that you can stick in any teams on any slots, like some others (TDS, Krystenax, Mab, etc…). So he’s probably very low on the nerf radar.

2 Likes

Use the Silent One or Merlion

Psion has Alert trait so you can’t silence him. Both Emperor Khorvash and Sylvanimora is quite nice troops to use against him, tho.

3 Likes

Then it’s RNG that needs a nerf.
And sure there are times I feel I’m fighting the board more than I’m fighting the other team.

Also I notice that in PVP the lowest choice is what offers me more variety, while the top one is meta all the way. It’s boring at the top. Since it’s not the devs who choose the defense teams, but the players (us) perhaps we should be forced to put variety in our teams the way we are ‘forced’ in GW.

One way to do this is the weekly boost to a race and/or kingdom, but it seems we want more variety of teams we can beat hundred percent of the time.

As for Psion, put a tank on the top and your exploder/provider of fine gems and assorted killers and boosters lower. A stunner/freezer/webber wouldn’t be bad.

And man up.

2 Likes

I find Psion is not the main issue with that meta team. The problem is Famine, as that gets filled too often and starts knocking out your troops.

You think Famine knocks out troops and get filled too fast? Try Pharos-Ra, that self-feeds.

I use Pharos-Ra basically 24/7 these days for soul-grinding and if he’s good at anything, it’s giving the opponents a LOT of 4- or 5-matches. I rarely have a board where yellow and purple line up in a way that it gets me the extra-turn.

Which is okay during soul-grinding because the enemies don’t do much damage there and Pharos can take a hit or ten then, but I would never rely on Pharos self-feeding himself. With 90% of the boards I have, that would end with me losing very fast and very painful after him using his spell or him sitting on his spell for faaaaar too long.

Or even worse infernus. He can do it 2 to 3 times in a row