[Investigating] No Defense score added to GW

I was developer and indeed, it was never possible to leave office with so big bugs (office hours or not). And repeated bugs lead to be fired. But here, it’s the far west, they can’t manage a project, they can’t manage clients, they can’t manage aftercare. It’s a shame.

9 Likes

Well I did a 9500+ score today which should have put me at 51k+ and I finished at 49k somehow, my overall score was missing about 2000 points. Then I came here and found a whole lot of people seem to be missing 2000 points as well. As of end of the week reset we moved down from bracket 1 over less than this 2000 point difference. There’s no telling how many guild mates were hit by this as well. I’m on xbox, not sure if that matters.

Is anything going to be done about this?

This is the first time to my knowledge that someone is seeing this on Xbox.

Could you get an image of your results page before it disappears?

1 Like

Plan A failed?

2 Likes

Got bug on yellow day on a perfect week in B1 and otherwise paragon, so hope they fix points….

A guild mate got me screenshots of our results just 10 minutes before the reset, the numbers were the same as some hours ago. Unless they didn´t miraculously fix in the reamining time, I can confirm, that Plan A failed.

This issue has been difficult to investigate as it hasn’t affected everyone equally and appears random in nature. We will have more to share once we’ve had a chance to learn more about this issue.

I plan to follow up with the team about this and the other Guild War issue tomorrow and will post more information here and in the known issues articles in the help center once I know more.

To people offering to give us any more information we need, just knowing if anyone with the bonus point issue had any technical issues, including error messages or connection issues (whether on your device or from our game servers or even your internet service provider) in addition to this bonus points missing issue, that would be helpful to know. So far we haven’t seen any reports along side the missing scores mentioning any strange tech issues but it doesn’t hurt for me to ask.

1 Like

For me, the game was running perfect last week (from a technical point of view…). No connection issues, just sometimes slow servers, but on usual times, where you expect a lot of players playing the game. I have forwarded the question to my guild, however, if some of us have connection problems, we usually discuss this immediately in our discord. As there was not a single complaint in our discord, I would expect, that nobody had technical issues with the game. But as you say, it doesn´t hurt to ask.

1 Like

No tech issue here, played yellow straight after red after waiting til late Friday/early hours of Saturday, and lost ghost 2K on first battle.

Also alliance wide no complaints of tech issues, many complaints of random score issues.

1 Like

my internet provider works just fine, and i got no error messages either, there was only connection problem when journey froze from a bug . steam never went down i lost 4k points b/c 2 days bug hit my gw scores. only strange tech issues (bugs) was on gow side

1 Like

Thanks, I’m not really expecting a connection issue to be the problem. Affected players are from all over the world and the times of the issues aren’t centered around the busy time, like daily reset. I’m also not aware of any game server issues for GoW last week or any other major outages at other companies/servers.

But at this point it’s one of the last things I could think to ask about.
We checked things like how active, old, new the accounts are, which devices they’re playing on, their level, Guild, Guild Wars brackets, Guild War attack and defense teams, Hero Class, Home Kingdom (in case it was something to do with Nexus but nope!). This is just a small example of the checks we’re doing when looking for patterns on the CX team side while the devs check the code side.

But if anyone thinks of anything regarding any technical performance issues let me know.

We will keep checking the code and data on our side.

Thanks so much everyone

2 Likes

The game has been lagging and slow all week since Monday reset; the message about degraded performance of servers was appearing on and off the entire week. I’m not sure if it matters. No extra error messages appeared. Both on PC and on the phone (Android).

I’ve noticed this as well. This may be normal for a GW week.

I did notice a complete connection issue (unable to load up the game, unable to check the server status page) on Saturday @ approx. 7:35 p.m. EST. It’s the first time I have seen an outage in the year I’ve been playing. I checked my Internet but there was no other issue. The outage was brief - it had resolved itself within a few mins. Not sure when it started.

Hey @Kafka please feel free to check my account. I think I am one of the most affected in GW. I was missing 8k points. I raised a ticket so it’ll be easier for you to investigate. Thank you.

Battles have started to load more slowly. It was like this all week, and now it is exactly the same. I did not change the provider. So on Android, and on Steam

In my guild no problem on the first day, even those who played the following days, and the game was much slower

Also no technical issues. I had a day where I used data and was affected, the other two affected days I used my internet at home.

GW loaded smoothly, no lag for me, nothing…

No issues here during GW.
Since 6.0 (?) i have some cliffys now and then but not anywhere near GW battles

There has been a long ongoing issue with PvP defense teams getting corrupted. Here’s one of the bug reports, there are several of them.

Note that the player setting the defense team is seeing it correctly, the player fighting the defense team is seeing something different. It’s somewhat likely that this issue has now propagated to Guild Wars defense teams. What you should be checking is which teams players actually fought, the one set as daily defense or a different one, like the one from the first day repeated. Your battle logs should contain this information.

3 Likes

@Kafka look here, [RESOLVED] Event badge not rewarded
I think the bug is related with some weird reset bug not occouring right, for me today I got refounded event badge, someone don’t recive statue reward becouse is like He already got it and for war the defence seems like already used