[Investigating] No Defense score added to GW

Same here on my PC/mobile account

Gratz @Xiang. No losses.

No 2k bonus points from defense team today
Hope you can fix this issue before next guild war :pray:

They should have fixed it this week. It was possible to close the GW on Wednesday and not force the players to waste their nerves and time. We would calmly play a class event, journey and wait for the bug to be fixed. Now we are talking not only about guild losses, but also about individual achievements of players. For many, this is also important.

1 Like

Maybe there is an opportunity to remove all defense points from each player in the calculation of this war?

After all, this is a terrible war. Some have lost 4k-6k points.
This is a lottery among players and guilds - whoever encountered a bug least of all is the paragon / winner in the bracket

2 Likes

My guild took 50 times the bug. What do we win? Better If I dont write what I think about the dev’s job because I dont like use some words

4 Likes

2 guildies punished for going perfect vs 1 loss from me

2 Likes

I had at least 2 days of bugged score that I noticed, could have been more but didn’t pay attention til I saw this post. Won’t be paragon next war that’s for sure.

1 Like

We have finished this strange guild war. In total, we have been hit by the bug for 45 times, 12 times on Wednesday, 7 times on Thursday, 8 times on Friday, 11 times on Saturday and 7 times on Sunday. 6 of our members were lucky and have the correct score on every day, 9 members have been hit one time, 10 members two times, 4 members three times and the most unlucky even 4 times.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, 29 people did the battles day by day. Our paragon waited until Sunday and did the battles of the last five days at once. Also she was hit two times (for red and yellow day), so even doing all battles on a single day doesn´t prevent being hit multiple times. On the other side, if one is doing battles of multiple days on a single day, the bug still does not appear for all days the same.

I had a look at the data for some time now, I am not able to find any kind of pattern. Seems to be absolutely random :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Just an update, we’re currently still investigating why this happened to some players and not all.
If at all possible we want to correct the issue before weekly reset.
Looking at solving it is our priority right now.

Plan B will be what to do if it can’t be solved in time for weekly reset, obviously fixing it before then is 100% our priority as that’s the best way to deal with the issue so we’re not even discussing compensation yet as we don’t want that discussion to take away from actually sorting this out.

Generally speaking:
Plan A = fixing before weekly reset
Plan B = fixing after weekly reset so the scores/rankings are correct before the next Guild Wars
Plan C = compensation and any possible other measures.

8 Likes

Do you have any inklings of what the root cause might be?
Is there anything the community can answer that would help in the investigation?

If it helps, I can of course provide, what I have recorded throughout the week.

Please please dont freeze brackets. Sorry top brackets, but I have been waiting now more than two years and want to, one day, have a fun GW. Don’t make my and every non veteran guild wait another month.

Here is the scoring for this week:

Ideally this will be resolved or the devs can manually add defense points to those who earned it with their unique teams.

But dont penalize my and other “new” guilds. New in quotes becsuse two years is not new.

Just to be snarky, hi old guilds, feel my pain of GW being jank and broken! It sucks.

3 Likes

It should had be your priority 5 days ago, when it occurred wednesday … not monday b4 reset …

5 Likes

:joy: @Snooj, me :sob:

1 Like

Мне не начислили 4000 очков за всю неделю войны гильдий,которые положены за защиту,хотя все сборки уникальны.

Такие дела.Сосиська-ник.

This gw was the worst gw i fought oh i still got the min score i needed but the fight and thrill of playing was not there. Devs, you deserted players of GoW. I know its just a business for you to make money. But, real good businesses dont work like you do. B/c if they did they would lose their customers. You made this week of Gw a mockery and you destroyed the best part of the game. Not only gws is bugged but your pride and joy journey also full of bugs your hawthorn troop cause the game to freeze too. You all should be ashamed of yourselves to run a game like this. I love this game but it seems the players love playing it more then you love managing it. When I worked if we had one flaw in a program or code we fixed it before leaving the shop. And b/c of that we had businesses wanting us to do more work for them and they came back after the job was done. But, you just let your players hang oh we look at it Monday… I would not doubt that you are hoping we forget about this week. But we are not b/c you owe us a lot.

3 Likes

…during office hours.
:blush: :vulcan_salute:

PS: Who would have thought that the consistent lack of QA would sip into older systems in the spaghetti code?

5 Likes