[Investigating] No Defense score added to GW

Hey @Kafka please feel free to check my account. I think I am one of the most affected in GW. I was missing 8k points. I raised a ticket so it’ll be easier for you to investigate. Thank you.

Battles have started to load more slowly. It was like this all week, and now it is exactly the same. I did not change the provider. So on Android, and on Steam

In my guild no problem on the first day, even those who played the following days, and the game was much slower

Also no technical issues. I had a day where I used data and was affected, the other two affected days I used my internet at home.

GW loaded smoothly, no lag for me, nothing…

No issues here during GW.
Since 6.0 (?) i have some cliffys now and then but not anywhere near GW battles

There has been a long ongoing issue with PvP defense teams getting corrupted. Here’s one of the bug reports, there are several of them.

Note that the player setting the defense team is seeing it correctly, the player fighting the defense team is seeing something different. It’s somewhat likely that this issue has now propagated to Guild Wars defense teams. What you should be checking is which teams players actually fought, the one set as daily defense or a different one, like the one from the first day repeated. Your battle logs should contain this information.

3 Likes

@Kafka look here, [RESOLVED] Event badge not rewarded
I think the bug is related with some weird reset bug not occouring right, for me today I got refounded event badge, someone don’t recive statue reward becouse is like He already got it and for war the defence seems like already used

My game was lagging the whole week . I thought it was just my out in country internet though. The servers had a yellow icon the day I was hit with bug which was yellow day . I’m sorry to not have reported that before. I don’t know if that was the issue . No other Power Gem players have reported this while being hit with the bug . I will ask though.

Edit:
1player reports lag all week was hit with bug
1 player reports no lag and hit with bug . :woman_shrugging:

I understand that the causes of the bug are unknown. The implementation of plan B is questionable, it may be worth discussing plan C. I have only one request to the developers, if the bug is not fixed, do not force us to go through this again. Freeze the brackets and return the war when everything is working properly. This war was a real mockery of the players, many lost their personal achievements. We are happy to start the new year with a more or less correctly working gw event (yes, we did not forget about MONGO).

2 Likes

Our guild fully subscribes to this offer.

I have now played the epic key. After the victory, the game lost synchronization with the server … the key was lost … Platform: Android

Well, this bug started happening on day two of GW. I believe no1 reported it happening on day 1. So it clearly has to do with what the server believes is the defense team of the player. The explanation given by fourdottwo a few posts above here gives the best possible direction to investigate

The bug hit me as well during GW. Was using elementalist hero class the one time it hit me. 5-0 and 7500 score.

Other issues include a very laggy experience with fast internet. The lag between matches and loading increased to worst on Sunday. There were times between matches it would literally take like 10-20 seconds to go theough with victory messgae.

Lag continues into today between matches intermittently.

Ipad and Iphone both see the lag.

here is my defense teams all unique, 24 different troops never had a problem till this last gw

Was never an issue before you released the Journey Event and battle crashers. So if any of that code involved the GW code in any way. That must be the issue right?

3 Likes

Would be nice if you guys would stop releasing new (buggy) content before fixing the previous buggy content properly. I imagine trying to find the new (perhaps related to the old?) bugs MUST be difficult. All these gems that change things in a chaotic manner have been causing the game issues from the get go. Then this Journey stuff /battlecrashers counting crowns…blah blah. I really would love for you to rewind the clock and put this stuff right. Our Guild Wars experience was certainly negatively impacted.

8 Likes

Hi @Kafka

I don’t know if this helps, but I have a theory that maybe it is some kind of time/timing related issue, where the game is treating our attack battles as being 1 day in the future, yet still having the correct present day defense at the same time - therefore, it thinks that defense team was already used the previous day, if that makes sense…

E.g. On Day 2 when you’re doing your Day 2 battles, but it thinks you’ve already done them, acts as if it is Day 3 battles, but it still uses the correct Day 2 defenses toward the scoring and so treats it as a duplicate defense. Like somehow the attack and defense days are out of sync, or something along those lines.

To add to the idea that it could be somehow time related, one of my guild members who was getting the intermittent “0/0” results - for them on Day 1 it already started appearing 0/0 for Day 2 results, and the Tuesday → Wednesday daily reset had not even occurred yet, so that’s what makes me think the game’s attack is somehow ahead in time (at least in the instances where the bug occurs).

But somehow there must be some intermittent component about it getting in that state, because obviously not everyone got the bug and it didn’t happen consistently for everyone every day on Battle 1, etc.

I don’t know if I’m on the right track there, but I hope this idea helps in some way for the investigation.

5 Likes

在防御分没正确加上同时,进攻结果的下一天出现了0/0.
而且这个版本又出现了几个bug 1.骷髅头没造成伤害. 2.四消法力宝石没获得额外回合. 3.Omen开场爆珠的法力加到了敌方.

1 Like

Hi @Kafka ,

On iOS I’ve noticed an increased likelihood for the app to crash if the hourly tribute ticked over during a battle (in the background). Such that it times out and exits the app while you are waiting for the Victory screen to appear. Same issue never happens on Steam.

Perhaps something like this could explain why the error seems to be so hit and miss across servers.

2 Likes

I can add to my teory of some sort of bug with daily resets proof of guild mates with more then 10 battlecrasher per day in the current kingdom pass