In 3 weeks of GW we've had 3 members quit the game permanently

I think that is a big plus of GW. Somehow the Devs need to create some challenge, right?
Maybe there is some more elegant way (haven’t heard one yet from GW opponents), but if there were no restrictions at all for team building, the whole mode would be pointless entirely, as anyone could just use their lame idiotproof regular pvp farm teams and uphold their 99% winrate.

This restricted aspect of GW spiked teambuilding efforts massively, led to a wide use of formerly unused troops, opened up completely new approaches on building teams and made whole mechanics worthwhile that weren’t before.
If you have a more elegant way to achieve all that, please share, 'cause i am genuinely interested in anything that does.

4 Likes

imo there is no solution, except to reduce the n° of GW partecipants. If eg they were 20 instead of the full roster, there would be no problem in guilds’ members turnover and those like me could just sit out and leave the GW fans their fun :wink:

I am baffled why its not just:

Monday: Set Up your Defense
Tuesday - Sunday: You can play 0-30 of your matches for the week.
Reset Happens: Rewards are Given
You get your XP Bonus of 24 hours for each GW Victory
You get 50 Seal Cap Increase for each win (thus giving actual non top level guilds a chance at hitting 40k seals, which is one of the biggest issues with lower guilds keeping players)

You solve every bird with 1 stone.

1. Guild Wars stays intact as it is.
  2. Rewards are the same just delayed a week in the very start.
  3. More diversity among guilds as active people in smaller guilds less likely to leave if a small guild has a small % chance to hit 40k seals every now and then.
  4. Keeps the imo intended idea of GWs which is to be creative and try fun and new teams.
  5. Keeps a better Work/Life/Gaming Time balance.

I mean, imo, it should be implemented literally exactly as I laid out. lol
I don’t even mean that arrogantly. I just mean it literally solves every problem and improves some areas and gripes for smaller guilds.

11 Likes

What about guilds that have 30 members who actually WANT to play GW? They would leave guilds where they werent allowed to participate for guilds where they were

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t they be allowed to participate?

The setup I outlined makes it possible for anyone to participate at their leisure Tuesday-Sunday.

And btw i am so aggravated by this topic i will no longer be discussing it on this or any other thread

1 Like

Why are you so upset? lol

GW’s is a genius idea thought up by the devs.

More activity. More rewards. New Team development. Active communication among your guild around strategies.

I literally see 0 downside to GWs other than:

1. People who refuse to do the battles and thus maybe don’t fit with their guild (but that’s life)
  2. The current Stress of having to play daily.
1 Like

My apologies i was responding to this post

Gotcha.

My thing is people are being whiny little whiners on this. Look, the devs will realize the folly in daily reqs for this. They will work out a fix.

Also, if you are in a Guild razzing you about doing your battles…join a different guild.

Games and Guilds change. I don’t care if you were in that guild for 2 years. If 28 people want to play GWs and you want nothing to do with it. Leave the guild. Join a small guild and help the community. That small guild could likely use your help and wisdom anyway.
Plus its not like when you are level 1000+ that you actually need more resources.
Ive seen some stupid screenshots where people have like 400k glory, 200k keys and 2 millon souls…and in another topic they are whining about “legendary task rewards”.

6 Likes

Let’s be clear:

There is no “restriction” on invade teams in GW. There’s a positive incentive to build single-color teams.

I’m of the opinion that defense teams should be INCENTIVIZED to not use the flavor of the week, in both PVP and GW. Several of us have been suggesting this for a long time, actually.

10 Likes

Just take the top 25 performers, but everyone can play if they want. That way if you have a few zeros no problem otherwise you just drop the lowest few and that will incentivize them to do better. But go ahead and reward everyone who played no matter if the points counted or not.

I appreciate your response @warcin and that is probably the best way to do it…

That being said…

As i already said elsewhere i am done with this topic and for now i am done with the forums in general…

Say goodnight to the bad guy

Elegant: Doubtful.
Probably not even a solution but there might be something to it:

I initially imagined that the colour bonus would apply to defense teams too. One gets a bonus from using an all colour attack team, and additional (greater) bonus for an all colour defense team…

Thats how I would mix up the defense meta.

Keep in mind, I have almost no idea what I’m talking about.

1 Like

the small font was a side note to the “direction gw is so far heading to”

and yes i know point change was a huge change for some ppl, it was a noticable change for me but it was never one of my main issues *

*i have problem with 1.no gw-free weekends and no spare time to do last gw fights; 2.no clear victory/rewarding conditions; 3.forever unfair gw reward amounts/balance in top vs the mid to low ranks(which im expecting devs wont change since many if not half of the forum voices are in the top and dont mind it)

2 Likes

actually i think long term players do spend :slight_smile: and not ’ just when they were beginners’ but more ‘regularely at their own pace’ but yeah just a speculation

if gw makes more ppl happy they would spend on the sentinels more likely >> bigger chance to become a buyer?
also the reason many long term ppl spend is coz they appreciate the game, if that changes those who did it for such reason will stop spending, and many semi-new players once they figure that out also wont

i thnk this game thrives, at least halfly, on its collectible aspect. sure there are ppl who want the “power” and want it “right now” but i dont think there is enough of them to upkeep the game if the “collector” players gets unhappy, the most obvious is fact showing that is how often new things “to collect” are being released (how much developer resources is being spend on it?) :slight_smile:

1 Like

GW may not be perfect, but those 1500 gems a week I can win makes me a greedy duck. Even low level active guilds should be able to scoop up a few hundred free gems a month.

1 Like

Hey, I see you’re going all personal by calling me a loser here. The problem is that I’m at a level of play where I execute as close to “perfect play” as possible. I’ve played for 3 years now. I am familiar with all the modes. Believe it or not, my favorite mode is Treasure Maps but I rarely play that mode since I no longer need any of the rewards it offers.

The issue I have is if you’re such an expert at winning, would you like to join our top tier guild and see how good you are? When faced with a unending wall of grief-laden teams that rely on RNG(Deathmark, Devour) and even teams with a wall of famine topped with Psion? I have teams built to deal with these but those teams can’t handle more than 6 rounds of bad luck. And this is the crux of my complaint. I’m not whining because I’m losing, I finished top of my guild last week. But I did it only because I had insane luck and had things like a single three-match lead to a 16 cascade that fills all my troops and drops enough skulls to kill the first two opponent troops. That does not feel good when luck is such a big deal that I’m either winning or losing on the toss of a coin.

Our guild has to drop at least 2-3 players a week due to people not enjoying how dull the GW matches are. So we’ll definitely have room for someone who wins all the time like you! We’re Dragon’s Peak and Tacet the Terror is our leader so PM him if you want to help us win GW.

2 Likes

Had a guild war battle against a single Elspeth and a single Priestess today. Was such a nice surprise between the devour-death mark spam.

3 Likes

Not getting in this argument again but…

…pleeeease tell me the irony in that statement coming from you is not lost on you :wink:

5 Likes

I think the “going all personal” might have been your indication that anybody that “has a job, has goals to fulfill and has a family” couldn’t enjoy GW, or the false claim you made that only “ONE GUY” enjoyed GW. And being a loser was only one of the four options I listed. If you’re winning, then try one of the other 3 mentioned. And that wasn’t meant as a “personal attack”, it was meant as a legitimate helpful suggestion. There are members of my guild who were also very stressed the first few weeks of GW, but once they got a handle on how to be successful, their stress disappeared.

I never claimed to be “an expert at winning”. I actually had a loss on day 1 and on day 3 this week. However, I’m using a different of my 4 suggestions, the " learning how to deal with your stress better". While I don’t like the amount of RnG, I’ve come to accept that it is part of the current state of the game, so I don’t let it stress me out. As for being in a “top tier guild” and facing “grief-laden teams”, I already am, and am quite happy there. I also prefer how my guild has decided to handle GW and our requirements compared to what I’ve heard about Dragon’s Peak, but thanks for the sincere offer.

2 Likes