I Only Have Ice For You

Visual glitch again here.

That is not a Frost Archer bundle; also, I already have Glacial Crystal, its not new.

Next one showed me Tier IV with 5 Freyas. The one after returned to Frost Archers. (Still a visual glitch, the number of Freya copies I have remains the same).

Frost Archer is the ugliest card in the game, ever.
No, it’s not ‘a different style’. It’s badly designed and looks unfinished, also in an awkward pose. Please take into consideration to redesign it. I understand that those are use-and-forget cards and we’ll never see s/he again after this week but it’s an eyesore.

4 Likes

How come an ice crystal weapon requires us to use Green and Yellow mana?

Should we have week of elemental this week?

Invasion should be for elemental troops next and twice in a row seems strange

1 Like

Because it needs to make blue and purple and support blue and purple troops, so would be crap if it was blue and purple. Or could loop itself forever.

Not every colour of troop makes sense in the themes like it (nearly) did when there were only 100+ troops in the game.

2 Likes

Not to pile on the artwork, but… Frost Archer’s bowstring is on the wrong side of her arm. If she draws the bow like that she’s getting a dislocated elbow and a face full of shattered arrow bits.

2 Likes

fun fact. this is the first troop that use the word “archer”. how a fantasy game like this avoid using that word for years i have no idea. kudos :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do consider the art in GoW of an extremely high standard.

The only disappointing pieces of art (for me) are the Ice Witch (never liked her design) and the Fey Cap (seems a copy-and-paste job from Zaejin’s Toadstool).

The rest of all the art is pretty amazing.

And I really love the holes in Frost Archer’s hood so that her ears can peek through; I only wonder if it wouldn’t been too cold for there in the Glacial Peaks (it’s been cold over here and I was almost thinking of wearing a second beanie :smile:)

3 Likes

It looks like some kid in 5th grade drew Frost Archer on the back of their Algebra textbook.

5 Likes

Honestly the smart thing to do if you want to blow a lot of keys to get a troop is to slow your roll and ask the forums to verify if it’s in the drop pool instead of rushing to blow the keys.

Between bugs and honest mistakes, it’s always worth double-checking before making a big investment.

1 Like

Kids in 5th grade have Algebra textbooks?

Had a big conversation about this the other day we think its either:

1. To cover All the times they will forget to add a troop to the Chest table.

2. To cover those times when troop is released mid week (Fri), so that would be 3 1/2 weeks.

3. Maliciously add a lack of transparency to force people to waste resources after 3 weeks see if it’s in the chest.

THIS has been a recurring problem on console since day 1. It always safer to assume someone forgot to edit the Chest table, than it actually went in.

Yeah, in some places we act like kids are smart and actually teach them things.

I was learning algebraic concepts in 5th grade, they just didn’t call it “algebra” because parents are stupid and get touchy.

You were lucky.
Hope you didn’t draw anything like Frost Archer on your textbook.

I have a good story about something I drew in a textbook in 6th grade but it’s not very appropriate.

The part of the story I CAN tell is: it was a classroom spare. One of the jerk bully kids lost his textbook, and didn’t want to get in trouble at the end of the year when it was time to turn them in. So he grabbed one of the spares and put his name in it. The spare with my artwork inside.

He got in much, much more trouble than he would have for losing his textbook.

2 Likes

Frost Archer looks like someone who has never seen a Final Fantasy character yet asked to draw one from rough description.

Has a troop ever been released like this? Less than 4 weeks?

Just a few days ago… The Bounty Hunter troops.

Are you saying they’ll be released into chests on Monday April 9th which will be 3 1/2 weeks?