I Only Have Ice For You

Actually, it reminds me quite a bit of Penny Arcade art style. Maybe some kind of guest contribution?

Can somebody explain why Obsidian Golem and Lava Elemental (maybe all enemy) attacks go through the Dawnbringer barrier, please? :roll_eyes:

Both troops explode a gem as part of their spell. Any skull caught in the explosion will pop the barrier before the bulk of the damage is dealt.

11 Likes

Thanks @Grundulum

1 Like

I was just theorizing one possible reason why they started to go with ultra vague language. At this point…, I don’t when the heck anything is precisely going the chests. I’m sure the language it is totally on purpose to cover their mistakes.

@Saltypatra mentioned above people using huge Key stashes when troops were not in the chests. That has happened a number of times, and ALWAYS when a Developer made a mistake and did NOT properly enter the troop into the drop pool (at least according to the posts on the forum). Not because a person misunderstood the message. Recently look at Totem, look at Fey Cap.

To the developers credit their Chest mistakes are very infrequent compared to the first year of Gems, when they had a data entry issues almost every month like clockwork.

1 Like

We hear about the mistakes because of people who wake up and immediately spend thousands of keys.

Mistakes around the drop pool or even releasing a troop are a lot more frequent than stated. Don’t be Goofus. Before you blow all of your keys, ask on the forums or get someone else to confirm the troop you’re chasing is in the pool.

That’s not to say “you deserve it” if you don’t ask first. You should be compensated. But there’s a really easy way to avoid getting in that state. Measure twice, cut once.

2 Likes

Yeah let someone else make the mistake for you :stuck_out_tongue:

I call them crash test dummies or Frontline Soldiers

1 Like

That only works because someone is bound to go for a troop on launch. What happens if everyone heeds your advice and waits until someone else on the forum gets the troop and no one actually pulls?

2 Likes

Cannon fodder :bomb::bomb::bomb:

There’s a sucker born every minute. Someone will move first. And if they don’t, well, eventually a dev will answer as they flail and notice no one’s buying gems to cash in for keys.

1 Like

Aborhath in the battle right before you get to fight the boss, explodes all gems on the board instead of remove. That’s some powerful self looping.

I don’t think I’ve seen it cast its spell in the two occasions I breezed past it…

There may be other data we want to release around the time these troops will go into chests, or there may be a delay for their release due to other circumstances. As such, we wanted to give you a rough estimate instead of a firm date. We do this a lot with updates and releases (as you know and remind us of a lot :P) because we don’t like to be unable to deliver if something pops up.

When they are closer to release I will go about getting you all a firm date.

1 Like

Which doesn’t exactly make it easier for players to tell whether they have a chance of getting the troops they are spending keys for or not. Wouldn’t it be possible to add some kind of button to the collection that lists the chests the selected troop currently can show up in? Or at least add an extra screen to weekly events that shows the chest content changes that came with the weekly reset?

8 Likes

I sure wish they would have what troops is in what chests.

But…

I dont think it would work because troop chest lists exist on the server, and any client list display would be unreliable.

Actually, that’s what server roundtrips are for. You select some troop like Rift Lynx, press the “tell me which chests this currently shows up in” button, client queries server for drop table data and displays result. :tada:

5 Likes

Even a tab inside the chests screen (or a press x for more info button) that showed the troops currently NOT in chests would be extremely helpful. Usually a very small list.

5 Likes

While “troops not in chests” would be a shorter list (except on mythic-exclusive week’s, maybe), showing what troops are in chests avoids an issue encountered in the past, where a rare troop was appearing in only one of gold/glory chests.

that would be amazing

I agree it would be nice to know in-game.

For the time being, if you want to know and don’t already know this, http://www.taransworld.com is a good resource.

2 Likes