I Only Have Ice For You

but on tarans side i cannot see the allready released troops and when they are in the drop pool
or can i?

My understanding of the “Chests, odds, and history” option is it’s a table fed directly by game data, so it’s an accurate portrayal of what troops are in all chests at the current time. He might be able to correct me if that’s wrong.

I think you’re right, it is fed directly from game data, and the spoilers have release dates.

Console could still have issues.

1 Like

It is fed from game data, specifically the “available list” sent at login time from the game server to the client. Presumably, this list is what powers the rotating teaser troop at the old chest interface (is that still a thing?). There’s no way of telling if that list is the same list that actually is used at pull time, nor if the stated odds of rarity per key are accurate, as that logic happens purely server-side, so both @Taransworld and I have to make some guesses.

3 Likes

You get a randomly displayed few troops on most of the chest screens, but there is no longer an infinitely rotating display of troops on the side. The data from this has been accurate enough thus far to peg when troops were missing from chests and enough to confirm my observations on other wonky drop table behavior (such as weighting toward troops that appear in glory packs, and in one instance, double weighting toward two epics on a given kingdom when neither was in glory packs). You also have to take into consideration when the last data pull was. I’d trust it enough as backup confirmation for seeing whether or not something that was supposed to happen, did.

That being said, this is simply too many steps to expect the average player to do (or even know about). There needs to be an in-game way to know whether or not opening a certain type of chest even has a chance of getting what you wan. If nothing else, to save at least some of the few dozen support requests every time there is a data entry error that causes the script that adds troops to miss them on a certain chest or add them on the wrong date.

5 Likes

Great for PC/Mobile players, Completely worthless for console players.

I’m not speculating but basing it on what has occurred, considering the amount of times the developers have failed to update the Chest drop table on console.

1 Like