I Only Have Ice For You

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/i-only-have-ice-for-you/

It’s Raid Boss week! Fiery Zuul’Goth is attempting to break through into the Glacial Peaks.

Epic Raid Troop: Freya

As captain of the Frost Archers, Freya has the keenest eye amongst all the Fey of the Winter Court. With Zuul’Goth’s portals appearing all through the northern peaks, she has been leading her Frost Archers in a frantic chase to put down any fiery creatures that have been summoned as heralds of the Elder One’s arrival. Fortunately she possesses a quiver of special Moonbeam Arrows, blessed by Skadi herself, that are death to an ancient creature like Zuul’Goth should he break through.

Freya will be available in the Raid Boss Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Rare Troop: Frost Archer

Servants of the Queen Mab and the Winter Court, the Frost Archers form part of the Queen’s Royal Guard, along with the Winter Knights, and the Sorcerous Iceguard. Frost Archers’ arrows are made from enchanted ice, and are mainly designed to slow an enemy while the Iceguard pick them off with frostbolts.

2 Frost Archers will be available for 300 Glory in the Rewards tab of the Shop, and will appear in Gold, Glory, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Weapon: Glacial Crystal

The Glacial Crystal is an ancient shield, possessed by the Winter Court. It was carved from ice deep in the heart of a Glacier on one of the northernmost peaks. When charged, it can emanate a wave of chilling magical frost, helping to push back any foes surrounding its bearer.

This week it will be available in both the Raid Boss shop, and in the Soulforge.

Join the Forum!

9 Likes

Im not letting you win this week salty :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Frost Archer is exceptionally ugly, what the heck happened to the artist :face_with_raised_eyebrow:?

19 Likes

Welcome to the world of Krystara that neither is perfect. :wink:

1 Like

Racism/discrimination against Elven Fey is not acceptable!

8 Likes

She might have her fair share of plastic surgeries, so what, shes still a Elven Fey! :wink:

1 Like

I think they’re all beautiful.

Both remind me of Ashe from LoL :heart_eyes:

Compare to Freya, Frost Archer is really ugly. :triumph:

We’ve already had a debate about sexism this week. Can we not start, please :laughing:

2 Likes

I think they both look cold, tbh.

1 Like

Frost Archer has something wrong with her anatomy. Mostly around chest. Just looks unnatural and not very enticing. Edit: I don’t want to be sexist or anything. It’s just that the art looks half-finished. I am not an artist but I guess that’s something about shadowing? Or something. Or it’s probably just that I prefer arts in Queen Titania’s style. She is hot and more, IDK, realistic?

It’s not really about them looking attractive. It’s more so the quality of the two troops.
Freya looks incredibly well designed, like someone took the time and effort to actually do their job and do it well.
Archer looks like an unfinished job by an intern.

13 Likes

Frost Archer looks attractive, but possibly just got hit in the nose with a football

1 Like

The style doesn’t look “new”, it’s similar to many older troops so either somebody was trying to copy another’s person way of drawing, or there was not enough time to finish the art properly.

Per Queen Mab’s decree, no one shall be prettier than she!

Freya’s awfully close tho. :slightly_smiling_face:

It appears as though Frost Archer’s face was also chiseled out of enchanted ice. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

That new troop art is really ugly.

3 Likes

On par with the sinergy of Glacial Peaks for Raids this week. Im not gonna bother to play.

Good thing we still can use mang cause it’s certainly going to be harder then the first week

that nose…, wow

1 Like

Old art in Magic: the Gathering is very weird. It has a more comic-book style and very little consistency. Over time, they got a bigger budget for art and started working harder at having a consistent visual style along with higher-quality artists. Now they have a very photo-realistic fantasy style.

Frost Archer is in the other direction. It looks like the artist ran out of time before finishing shading. It looks like a $25 flat shaded commission from DeviantArt.

1 Like