GW Mixer (sharing control) cheating or not?

Ok thanks for the feedbacks guys. I can’t say i agree with you but i understand it’s only a game and we only winning gems. I wonder if it would be the same answers if the rewards was real money instead of gems

1 Like

Keep it up @Rickygervais.
They’ll make guild wars once every 6 weeks. How dare you enjoy a guild event! :grinning:

1 Like

I’m not going to argue semantics. My point still stands that they do not ban players for account sharing.

If this is going to turn into a philosophical discussion on whether account sharing is unethical in a game that has competitive modes, obviously it is. However, this game has never supported competitive modes well. From GW guild collusion to P2W raid/invasion leaderboards, any hope of “real” skill based competition is out the window.

7 Likes

Lol only discussing im not asking any changes. I am just surprise to see people say it’s not cheating to make someone play for yourself but maybe it’s because i am too old and not the same mentality

Pretty much what I was thinking. I’m not gonna worry about it but I might look down on it if I hear about it.

Personally, I think it’s cheating. It would be pretty pathetic to let someone else play your GW matches since it is “supposed” to be a competitive mode. However, the reality is that they can’t track account sharing anyway.

4 Likes

Ok thanks, this is exaclty what i want to know. What YOU personality think about it and not what devs think about it. I know dev said it’s not cheating but it is because it’s to hard to prevent? Probably the answer is yes. They are a small team and they don’t have time to deal with this. Also Gw is the only event without shop tier so it is not benific for them to try to prevent it. It would be lost of time and ressources. That the main reason i think the GW will never change schedule from every 3 week to wvery other week. Im pretty sure if they could they would totally remove gw from the schedule and put another mode with tier shop. But again it’s only my opinion. thanks again

1 Like

I agree with you. Impossible for me to blame the devs about that. They can take actions only on things they can detect.
This thread show something interesting: what everybody would consider cheating in any real life physical sports is viewed by many as not cheating when it happen in a video game without physical persons playing the competition in the same place. Interesting.

2 Likes

In baseball the catcher gives the pitcher a hand signal for a pitch he should throw. This is called teamwork. This is not cheating. If the game is on the line sometime a coach walks out to the mound to talk to the pitcher and they discuss how he should pitch to the batter. This isn’t cheating. This is teamwork. If two guild mates are chatting, using Mixer to broadcast, and discussing a move then this is teamwork.

2 Likes

but at the end who throw the ball?

1 Like

And what dog catches it? :wink:

I know almost nothing in Baseball, but arent several players in the same team that are supposed to hit the ball? and also several that are supposed to throw the ball? Can the best hitter replace all his teammates and hit the ball the whole game? Can the best ball thrower replace all his teammates and throw the ball the whole match?

pticher and battler can be replaced if tired or injury but this conversation going nowhere it’s clearly not the same things lol

1 Like

All I am saying is don’t assume someone is cheating just because they are using Mixer. How would developers know what a player is exactly doing?

Maybe this person is brand new to the guild and the GM wants to see how well they do in Guild Wars.

Did they play bad or get a bad board to warrant a low score.

1 Like

I have used shareplay on the ps4 to show how a certain team works or how to set defenses.

But guild wars I wouldn’t want to trust the connection. Too much could go wrong so if someone is using a method like this it is highly risky.

I don’t think it’s cheating but a risky move to make for extra points.

How would a player ever get better anyways If they never played for themselves. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

i just checked and people was right you can use someone else account and play for him on xbox but there is a security. it will send a email to the person who is sharing his account and then he need to reply and say it was him. also you need to give to that person your microsoft account and password. it need big balls to trust someone you never met in real life to give these precious infos. if you use mixer it much less complicate and safier imo.

A few points to make here. Not sure it answers any ethical question, just points to consider.

Many years ago, Microsoft touted that they would introduce a clan (guild) support tool that allowed a person to be watched, coached, and taken over for, if needed. Mixer is that tool. From a Microsoft perspective, it’s being used as intended.

Risk. You don’t get to pick who the controller goes to. You’re laying it on the table. Any person can grab it. Mess up your gw, disenchant mythics, etc. You are also exposing your teams to scouts.

Guild wars is a team event. Whats the difference in watching a twitch broadcast and saying what move to take vs. doing it for someone. Either way, same brand of teamwork.

IMO not much difference in having one person with two, well-developed characters, playing twice, and one person playing for another person who has a well-developed character.

3 Likes

It reminds of an episode of a Hearthstone, or MTG, championship where player A was streaming his match and a member of team B watched it to give hints to his teammate about what cards player A had in his hand.

Every good tool can be misused by fools and unethical individuals.

1 Like

as i am someone that is in a bracket 3 guild on xbox, thus would never worry about this issue and much less would not consider it “cheating”…im gonna go out on a limb and guess that the guild of thieves is seeing increased compitition lately up in bracket 1 and is trying to explain it away as cheating.

im probably wrong, just speculation on my part.

1 Like

It’s not cheating if someone else is playing on your account…and at the same time, if that person decides to start disenchanting every card you have and wasting all your gems on crap, then I doubt that support is gonna do anything other than shrug.

Personally, I think that giving random people access to your account is phenomenally stupid, but if you’d rather risk losing your account to a troll than just play your stupid GW matches yourself, then…good luck, I guess?