Guild Wars: Boredom sums me up and I believe I'm not the only one

“I disagree with you, therefore you are wrong and should shut the F%@!# UP!”

• First principle of the internet.

If the top guilds are enjoying GW, because of the rewards and the challenges they experience, this doesn’t means they should rule out the experiences of the rest. One of the biggest demotivators to get engaged into GW was the slow movement of brackets and “dead guilds”, this was addressed to some extent but the damage on the enjoyment of this feature still lingers.

I’m honestly not surprised by some answers here, i expected this quality of argumentation out of fear from losing this once a month income of gems.

2 Likes

Guild Wars does need to be adjusted in the lower brackets. I don’t think anyone benefits from existing in a “Bracket 126”

The experience in the upper brackets is truly different from the lower brackets where very minimal stakes and very minimal gains are to be found.

I could only imagine how pointless GW feels in the lower brackets outside of “doing them” so the guild can progress forward.

However, ffs, no new gem sinks added please, thanks. No shop, nothing.

2 Likes

In GvG, we have 4 sentinels, to put each one in the maximum level, that is, level 5, we spent 85 gems, 4 × 85 = 340 gems spent in total, at the end of the GvG, considering that the most placed will have this expense to have higher performance, only the first 4 of Barcket 1 will have THE GEMS of return, besides, besides being very difficult to reach the classification, the expense of gems in itself will not bring anything, only at the end of the event q they bring little gold and letters of the rarity rarity, which will not be easily used, as in other events such as Raid Boss, Invasion, Tower of Doom and Faction Events, the cost of gems may be even higher depending on the tier you buy, but they all reward you with troops or event weapon, ingots, fragments, orbs, diamonds, arcane, vault keys, plus gold and souls, also coming, sigils to play more event and complete the stages, which each after increasing rewards
Note: 4 sentinels, 85 gems each to put in level 5, 4 × 85 = 340, in the dungeon, if you buy the offer of 50 gems every day, then we conclude that would be 7 × 50 = 350 gems spent, which we use to forge troops.

1 Like

This is a point to be considered. If you spend 350 gems per week buying the daily offerings in Dungeons, for example, with the diamonds you get, you know that when you forge a legendary or mythical troop you craved at Soulforge your investment paid off.

On the other hand, if you are not part of the limited elite at the highest point of the Bracket in GW, you will never see the gems you spent with the Sentinels back, nor see any significant return on investment made.
So why do more than 90% of players spend resources with Sentinels if there is no relevant reward for their efforts?

Unfortunately, it is impossible for all of us to become part of the elite to see at least the gems invested back. And we hear arguments that it is only in this select group that we can give an opinion about the event because “from the outside” we do not have the actual experience of how GW really is.

As I have already mentioned, I now understand that we do not need a store at this event to make it more attractive, however, a redesign in the battle system (why not 8 battles like the picture in Pet Rescue instead of only 5? Arena, which is a less important event compared to GW, has 8 battles on its board) and the rewards system is extremely necessary in order to be a viable event for ALL GoW players and not just a small elite.

I started a long rant several times but somehow couldn’t carry it out, so I’ll stick with the short version.

Five battles per day only and no shop is actually a really good point to be at. You can’t buy your way in which makes every battle matter, short enough to give you room for discussions and testing (can’t do any testing in other event modes) and experimenting. While in Raids, Invasions, whatever, there are one or two teams that everybody uses for the whole week (notwithstanding very low levels), in GW I used, for example, three different teams on blue day this week and I know I’m not the only one in, at least, my guild to do so. Not all the time every day, yet there is an actual and viable possibility to do so.
And there are no hard-set restrictions. Well, you get some score reduction in case of multicolour team, but that’s a reasonable price to pay for chance to use a team you can trust and feel comfortable with unlike those race/kingdom restrictions forcing everybody to make the same team with little to no synergy at all.

A thing I completely don’t understand is people buying sentinels and complaining they don’t get enough resources in return. During my time I’ve been in a lot of brackets (except for B1)…the first time I bought any kind of sentinel was B4, the first time I used gems on sentinels was B2 (and for tier III only) and it hasn’t given any problems getting enough score to hover between Champion and Herald being only one unlucky AI move away from Paragon a few times…so, I’ve made gem profit every GW week. I don’t see any valid reason why anybody outside top brackets should buy (not even mentioning gem-buy) sentinels ever. if you do it and complain afterwards - it your own and only your own fault.
GW is the only event that gives you rewards without looking at how you actually fare…you get those gems and troops even if you don’t participate at all!

While we could use tweaks in bracketing system and rewards, changing overall concept of the game mode is the last thing that should happen. No shop, no special weapons, no special troops - don’t make it like one more Raid/Invasion/whatever. If you don’t happen to like or enjoy guild wars, please, shut down your egoism for just one week a month and run amok the remaining 75% of the time but, please, don’t call for ruining fun for those who like and enjoy this mode. Isn’t three out of four weeks of wonderful, the-best-thing-there-is events enough for you?

P.S. How in the world did you, in a masochistic fashion, endure that pain and suffering when there were no other modes, except for Guild Wars?

9 Likes

What happen after guild war being change? I bet there will be another thread about boredom of guild war. How about you try to come up to Bracket 1 and let me hear some. Ohhh so frustrated. It so hard to win one battle. The only need to change is 2nd place should be the 1st place. 2nd place get to face all hard teams and maybe the reward in lower Bracket need to increase.

As much as I understand most of the arguments OP and others brought up, I’d like to bring a few pointers of my own to the matter.

1.Very low bracket GW could be boring indeed, but the fact such out of this world brackets exist has little to do with the GW structure itself.
Instead of joining existing and more or less estabilished guilds, there are dozens upon dozens of new ones created every day…and then they are abandoned after a week.
The issue is with the actual guild base never ever being revisited and not the GW ladder.

2.It is not exactly true that only the top guilds can hope for a refund of gems they invested into Guild Sentinels.

• Completeting all regular tasks grants 390 gems.
    Maxing the Sentinels out costs 360.Thats 30 gems free not even counting daily tasks and collecting tributes.Greed, greed , greed…

• Besides!
    Why would you ever need to max the Sentinels out if you are not a part of that ‘small elite’ you so passionately mention? I would simply forget it and enjoyed a week free from the usual gem sink…but that’s just me I guess.
    Now,please don’t tell me you need maxed out Guild Sentinels in bracket 15.
    Even in bracket 2, 3 points in each are enough unless you are pushing for bracket 1 and thats a whole 40 gems Whoa!
    Been there, seen that.

3.The game does have a slow progress curve.It always did.
There is no instant gratification here.If you decide on building your brand new guild FROM SCRATCH, be ready to face the consequences.
It’s not hard to join a well-estabilished guild these days at all though due to the exodus the game is experiencing.
Your call.

4.And finally…
Guild Wars are pretty much the only thing that keeps a substantial amount of players in the game.We only get to play our 30 battles once every 4 weeks, so please let us do that in peace.
It makes for a nice change from battling overly scaling enemies with troop selection limited one way or another (Raid,Invasion,ToD,Class,Faction) - all the SAME boring concept only dressed different for the day.
or
PvP in the world of empowered gem converters, Dragon’s Eyes, exploding boards and other manifestations of RNGeezus.
Therefore…no.
Just leave it as it is.
Thanks

8 Likes

I’m here starting from the summer 2017 and I was played in different guilds and brackets. I remember the time when gw was every week and that was awesome!
GoW itself doesn’t have the opportunity to play player-to-player directly (I mean when the opponent is not ii). And gw is a kinda-like the oportunity to meet ‘real’ person, at least by seeing the hand-make defence.
Of course, the lower bracket - the less need in rising the sentinels.
Besides, every event here is not about ‘to earn’ diamonds. They are all about ‘to spend’ them XD
If you spend diamonds by shopping the tiers and sigils in delves and events (and you dont have a great profit from that, just for your enjoy and greed) why do not to spend them in gw? Or, vice versa, dont buy tiers and sigils and play another activity. The same concerns gw.

As to me I feel boring playing similar-like rooms and event all 3 weeks between gw. Many of the players I know (especially those who play for 2-3-4 years) feel the same. We count that boring activities only as a method to become stronger and when gw starts - it is the real GAME begins!

And playing the high brackets it is not the deal of 5 minutes. We spend a lot of time for gw leading to 30/0 results against very strong opponents.
I cant even inagine myself playing 15 times per day, oh no!

And I didn’t met the similar scheme of fighting between the guilds - in another games. So, GoW, please, stay unique, dont change GW. just make it possible to fight more often since the 4th bracket!

2 Likes