Guild "agreement" in bracket1 to arrange scores

Take that up with the devs. I was a bit surprised at how easy it is for lyyas site to see everything in my game.

Exactly right. It wasn’t possible. My point was that casual games use cliche labels like “guild wars” all the time despite the mode not having war game mechanics.

And, I agree with you. I preferred their guild war method. It was far more fun. GW in GoW in Bracket 1 is drudgery because of the stale meta.

I would have stayed with the game if it wasn’t unapologetically P2W. :expressionless:

1 Like

Right.

@Saltypatra, is it normal that some guilds are able to know all the guilds win ratio and their number of points?

The info is there for anyone to see if they know where to look from my understanding of it but maybe i am wrong… I am bad at computering

I’m not sure why you understood my recent posts as “pointing fingers”…

I just honestly can’t understand a neutral stance by the devs on this since it basically prevents other guilds from climbing the ladder of brackets unless they do perfect battles and by CHANCE some of those colluding guilds would have some losses due some internet issue for example. It clearly rigs the system preventing others of making a proper competition for the brackets and make them lose rewards.

They (devs) dropped the ball, a proper measure of justice (as i mentioned before) should include reparations in form of some gems for the guilds that where affected (My guild is not included i must add, just to be clear before another one makes a false/twisted claim that i want free stuff…) and maybe the devs are now much more inclined to ask, objectively, the community’s opinion in such gray areas. For example:

• Start a thread to ask something about a new rule.
  • Once a week has passed, depends on the schedule of things, the thread is closed and a new one with a poll is open.
  • People can still comment things but the votes are our way to decide stuff. Some attention to new forum accounts voting should be taken as people could try to setup a certain outcome.

Sounds fair i think.

2 Likes

You mean something like this?
asdasdasd

1 Like

Not fair because you will only take the opinions of players here.
If devs can push in-game polls like the news, I will be okay with that.

Nah, he lower-cased WAR that time.

4 Likes

@saltypetra you still have not said what a suitable defense is. I for one do not have a meta team built and refuse to build one for anyone to face because it is part of what is destroying the game facing the same teams match after match after match.
You also never answered my question of why create a WAR if you didn’t want it to be a true WAR. WAR without ally is no WAR at all whether in a game or not.

Your allies are the 29 other person in your guild

9 Likes

I can see that it’s not a perfect solution, but probably it’s the best we can get considering the outcome of the current afairs:

• Some guilds consulted the devs about colluding with other as there is no rule against it.
  • The devs said: “Meh! We are neutral and by the time we don’t see any problem with it…”
  • All the other people that could point out the issues with such thing weren’t properly aware that it was occurring…
  • Someone become aware and made a call-out thread.
  • Things got out of hand in more than one way…
  • The devs hearing the feedback recognized that such behavior is now considered cheating
  • Thankfully the thread wasn’t closed and maybe we are finally coming to some sort of agreement on how to move forward…

When things could go by:

• Someone ask the devs about something that isn’t covered by any rule.
  • The devs aren’t very sure how to handle this, they have a neutral stance and they start threads asking our opinions and votes for a resolution.
  • We will surely see some heated debates, but in the end some stance will be taken with a certain degree of agreement of everyone in these forums.

I’m not claimng that it will solve all problems, but at least nothing is being held in secrecy causing some distrust among the players.

2 Likes

So, to be clear, you’re not contesting your guild scoring 148-2, just that we shouldn’t be able to know that? Because that’s what it sounds like.

It’s darkly amusing to me that the tone from several of those who have confessed involvement is “you don’t understand, it was really stressful, we were under a lot of pressure” (… and no one else was?) while the others are basically saying “pssht, it wasn’t cheating, suck it up, losers.” Lacks consistency.

2 Likes

The justifications appearing in this thread are misleading.

The top guilds were colluding long before guild wars. The developers didn’t care as they were full of whales. It was inevitable that they would collude after guild wars were introduced, and all posts that raised this truism were targeted for abuse.

The developers have only ever enforced 1 rule consistently - no hacking - because it affected their income stream.

Now the upset about this collusion is completely over the top because it was always there. Its not new and this form is relatively harmless.

Collusion has included over the years breaking up other guilds by design, by trolling/lying and targeting players - the developers also have ignored these more unpleasant antics because whales are whales, and it affected their income stream.

The saddest parts of this thread are the justifications being expounded for being routinely unpleasant and greedy - its a game and people behave in it how they wish, and if they pay money then that’s ok. That’s the reality of this game.

I would prefer if the developers cut back their community guidelines and were more honest about allowing the bullying and trolling that was organised and employed as a guild tactic, and is still part of the ongoing collusion that still currently takes place.
I do not and will never accept this form of collusion but here it was and still is routine. It is unfortunate that the worst forms of collusion in this game and others are being ignored because collusion is difficult to adjudicate, but that is a matter for the developers. Soon trolling online will become a legal offence because no-one can be bothered to deal with it currently, and the game companies will only have themselves to blame for the added expense of administering the requirements.

Finally it is good to see free players being discussed so honestly as losers by so many, because if you pay, even if you cant play, you can still win here by design, and apparently that’s good!

1 Like

A guild is one country so to speak in this case. Other guilds would be potential ally country or enemies.

Funny cause we are 3-4 different country in our guild

A guild is not like a country or a town, its a group of people sharing. All these attempts to justify war, besides revealing a fascist mentality, in a puzzle game are a bit bizarre really. If you want to practice the art of war why not play COD?

So you don’t consider yourselves as one whole guild but 3-4 different guilds?

What I was trying to say is that the general opinion on this forum is maybe not the same than the general opinion of all the players.

From the 67 members that we have since the alliance in our guild (yeah lot of trun-over), none of them was against the alliance. Most of them said “yeah good idea”.

We know how much on this forum there are the most serious players.

They heared only a one-side feedback… Read the previous about this topic. It was also a one-side discussion.

I continue to say that devs have to do in-game polls if they want to ask something… A poll is very easy to do…

I actually do play CoD and have many ally there as well.

@Taliesin, I honestly don’t know how to answer you. Different people interpret war in different ways. We made Guild Wars because we wanted guilds to be able to verse other guilds, and also because we hoped it would be fun and provide a challenge.

There is no clear answer as to what a suitable defense team is, and we’d never determine collusion by looking at individual teams as a first step. Gems of War is too complex a game to even attempt to define that, and any attempt to do so would simply drive cheaters further into the weeds, where they’d muddy things up and make it too difficult to prove.

In order to prove collusion we’d look at results as a whole. For example - if a guild finishing lower down in bracket one has an “amazingly” good day against another guild higher up, and that guild also has an “unusually” good day in return… we can run some numbers to find the likelihood of collusion. Examing the teams should then tell us all we need to know.