Guild "agreement" in bracket1 to arrange scores

Do you know another match-3 with guild war feature?
In the other thread about that, one player talked about WoW and said that alliances are more than welcomed.
Is it a good-enough analogy?

Funny that nobody agree with “Guild Wars is like war” but keep talking about sportmanship…

There’s so many questions above mine. D8

They did contact us before Guild Wars went live asking if it was appropriate. We said the same thing we said on the forums, which was that we didn’t see it being viable. (After all, getting an entire guild to agree on something is a tremendous feat unto itself.) We said we had a neutral stance and that if guilds working together significantly altered the results of Guild Wars we would re-evaluate our stance. Which is exactly what has happened. Even now, the point differences are not huge, but we have taken a firmer stance and will be proceeding as we have stated in this thread.

Nothing was said to these guilds that wasn’t discussed publicly on these forums. We responded in the same way as we did when the idea was originally brought up in the thread.

@ZooKeeper if they are found to be behaving in the exact same way, then yes, they will be punished. We will look at all data available to us in order to do so. We should be able to tell if they are colluding versus playing properly.

If you think you can find us all sure. Even games with war there are alliances it is part of war.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the response.

Well, at least you’re consistent. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Um, I do believe that that is pretty much the conclusion the devs have come to. That alliances in gw is not the way to go. Time to move forward, instead of looking back and pointing fingers imo.

You still didn’t answer my question.

Clear enough for me. Thank you.

Is it possible to make an official announcement thread and pin it so everyone can read it?

Do we have to loose some battles on purpose just to not get punished?

Are you winning 148 battles a day without cheating?

1 Like

Which is it, you cant see their scores to know whats going on, or yes you can see to know the differences? You cant possibly expect to have it both ways

3 Likes

Yes, I played another match-3 with a guild war. It was also called guild wars. Yet, not shockingly since it was a match-3 game, it had no intricate war game mechanic. Just like GoW, it can’t be compared to “Age of Empires” or “WoW”.

Frankly, they handled Guild Wars better than GoW in my opinion. The guild worked together to fight mega boss battles. So, it was more a point leaderboard that showed which guilds had better communication, organization and decks than anything else.

As for people using the word sportmanship, it isn’t my word of choice.

However, the gist of what they mean is obvious.

3 Likes

By doing our best. It is very difficult but we are doing what we can to do so.

I don’t know what you are talking about. 148 battles where this information is coming from?

@Saltypatra How about the suggestion of no longer matching these allied guilds against each other in GW? And not to pick on them, so how about avoiding matching all known allied/sister guilds? There aren’t that many that will face each other week after week with no respite, that only really could happen in the top few brackets.

It seems pretty fun and exactly what I would like to have better than the 5 PVP battles that we have…

But in your example, if I understand well, alliance is not possible. So it’s not comparable (or I misunderstood something).

I can send you the information in a pm if you like. The info is easily attainable from the game itself, much like the way Lyya gets the information for her site. I do not know why the devs have such difficulty in finding this info.

But yes 148 wins and 2 losses was the record for the day.

1 Like

Yes I will like :slight_smile: .

But I doubt that it’s legal and tolerate that players could search this kind of informations whereas others don’t have it.

Dont act like you dont know… I have seen the data myself pimpin

I was just saying that this information should not be accesible by players.

Are you okay that some guilds are able to know your win ratio and the number of points?

1 Like