Global Mail Exploit (Banpocalypse šŸ”„)

I laughed so hard at your 700 gems and orb comment I nearly wet myself

2 Likes

Sirrian said near the top they banned those that exploited it 100 times or over AND spent that ~1000 gems +

People are welcome to click a few extra times on these bugs, and five times is a safe number. More than that youā€™re being naughty.

these guidelines should have been issued prior to the gem dumping event

I openly admit I opened my mail multiple times. So take back the extra mythics I pulled from VIP chests.

As far as PvPā€¦ If you play a lot of hours, itā€™s really not that hard to get your pts up there.

1 Like

To reveal my whole response: [quote=ā€œAvianna, post:160, topic:52949, full:trueā€]
and it doesnā€™t seem to matter how many times I say I wasnā€™t reading the darn mailā€¦but thanks Maxx for beating the dead horse over and over again
[/quote]

No promises of unbanning. Just that they would consider on a case-by-case basis. The player who acquired and spent 70,000 gems is unlikely to have a sufficiently convincing argument. But that other player who claimed they didnā€™t even spend the gems they got, might be able to get their account back.

1 Like

No, the message is:

ā€œThis has too large a scope to handle manually. Weā€™ve issued automated bans based on the criteria listed above, if you believe a human being would decide differently please contact us.ā€

4 Likes

So you left the door of your house open and the dog went out and after that you blame the dog? Pfff

1 Like

I didnā€™t read the reply I just saw the thanks there.

Nah.
Youā€™re banned.
Youā€™re aware of what you did.
Go play another game.

Oh, says it your first post. Welcome to the forums. :joy:

6 Likes

5 people rob a bank
3 of them spend a part and they take off the stolen and go to jail
the other 2 do not spend anything, they take away the stolen goods and go home
seriously?
or all expelled or the gems are taken away from all
there can not be 2 different sentences for the same offense

I donā€™t see a convincing argument for banning anyone.

Thatā€™s fine! Have a nice life

I love all these analogies.
Hereā€™s the thing, youā€™re aware what you did. End of story.

You got caught.
Accept the consequences.
Move on with your life.

Itā€™s not a $100 bill on the sidewalk.
Youā€™re not a dog.
Itā€™s not a atm.

Weā€™re well aware of what we do here. If someone exploited this, they made the decision to do so. Itā€™s a direct slap in the face of the devs. Iā€™m not a white knight for this game at all, but, Jesus. How can you defend these actions.

If you hit the button a a extra time or so and stopped because you were aware this isnā€™t what supposed to happen, okay. I get that. We all smash through the mail to get to the game.
But, 10, 20, 100, 700 times. Get lost.

14 Likes

They didnā€™t rob a bank. They all received money they were very obviously not supposed to receive, due to a handling mistake. Those who returned the money after being contacted by the owner didnā€™t commit any offense. Those who went on a spending spree now owe the owner money, and unless they negotiate terms for repaying that money they may have to file bankruptcy. Common legal practice.

1 Like

From the video uploaded to the network, I have long known about the bugs with the lower level of the enemy. I know that this exploit and I do not use it. With the mail, it was understood that something was wrong not immediately, but when it came, after rechecking my guesses, it turned out that I had already gone far. I am not a thief, I am not a cracker, I donā€™t want to deceive anyone and do not pretend to top positions. Above described his situation. Global Mail Exploit (Banpocalypse šŸ”„) - #136 by Clition

In the UK, thatā€™s called Theft by Finding and itā€™s a criminal offence.

5 Likes

And as a former part of the Commonwealth, Australiaā€™s legal system is probably closely modeled after the UKā€™s.

Edit: yes, this is a silly little derail. But it makes for a break from the higher-tension arguments happening around it.

Edit again: corrected for accuracy, I think?

2 Likes

I wish people would quit making excuses for the developerā€™s if they done their job this stuff wouldnā€™t happen they have been working on a very simple game for years and itā€™s always broken they done a poor job got burned for it now their angry donā€™t have the skill to do a proper fix so this their response ban everyone

2 Likes

HEY. Weā€™re still a part of the Commonwealth :scream:

Edit: being in the Commonwealth Games makes it so :smirk:

1 Like