Global Chat on the Forums!

No, you go nowhere.

Yeah, he needs to change his title to ‘The boy who cried wolf’.

Yeah? U want me gone too huh? Good to know…

Please everyone who wants me gone feel free to let me know.

Cant wait to see all the posts telljng me i dont belong here

The Bad Guy™

You go nowhere, brudda. You stay here.

Nah… I am tired of always being the asshole of the forums…

I disagree with people and im a “troll” and “toxic”

I stand up for myself and im an asshole and poeple quote the guidelines at me…

I try and be a better citizen of the community and i am not good enough to tell someone to follow the rules…

So basically i am wrong no matter what i do so why the hell should i do anything at all?

I am sick of it. Everyone can go on feelung superior to me and call me whatever name they want.

This forum can crash into the fround for all i care anymore

And if i get banned for my post here fine i dont give a shit anymore

The Bad Guy™

And please feel free to flag my post for swearing…

Altho nobody else gets flagged for it.

I would flag it myself if i could.

Cry wolf? Nope…

Im out

The Bad Guy™

If I can be so bold as to rephrase another’s meaning, @Drathas’ comment:

is an indication that you are consistently and needlessly hyperbolic in your reactions to criticism or divergent opinions. This behavior causes people to eventually tune you out, or else turns into a vicious circle where they do act antagonistically because frankly, it gets tiring to constantly see the spotlight on Vangor.

You’ve opened several threads today basically with the same message. If you want the spotlight off of you, then don’t keep forcing it upon yourself. In most cases, you take a generically-worded criticism (that often isn’t directed at you in the first place) and restate it in terms that place you in a pitiable light. Of course you’ll get strong reactions; people don’t like it when you play fast and loose with their arguments and then light the resulting strawmen on fire.

Even your current response to @Drathas doesn’t make sense. He never once said he “wants you gone.” All he said was that you’re crying wolf, which you are. Take it as critique of your behavior and not as an ultimatum. Speaking of this, if you decide to leave the forum, temporarily or otherwise, I suggest keeping it to yourself. There’s no need to announce to the world that you’re boycotting or leaving for the day.

2 Likes

My observation about your (frequent) statements and whether you follow them bears no relation to my feelings on you being a part of these forums.

Ok @Lyya so its all in my head then? I am imagining being treated like crap?

Ok… Noted.

So here is one more thing i can add to my list of things it is ok for others to do but not me. Thanks

I didnt put the spotlight on me… All i did was have the nerve to tell someone else that name calling was against the rules (i know! What a jerk i was!)

It was @turintuor who spotlighted me by telling me i was wrong for doing so

I havent opened any threads today. I posted in multiple places referring to the same event because i had different points and didnt want to go off-topic… (Some nerve trying to follow rules huh?)

Ok so not a statement of your desire for my departure ok i apologize but a criticism nonetheless. I wont assume your intention based on that.

Again, words in my mouth. I didn’t say it was okay for others to do it and not for you to do it. I don’t feel there’s any need for anyone to inform the rest of the community that they’re leaving for 24 hours to cool off, or to protest. If you (and by “you” I mean the generic “anyone”) truly and certainly are leaving the game, then a farewell post is a kind gesture, but not if you decide to return a few days later and repeat the process.

That doesn’t “spotlight” you. Just take the criticism and move on. Ignore it if you feel it has no merit. Playing martyr after the fact, that’s what spotlights you.

That’s what I meant. I was careless in my wording. While you’re not wrong to post in on-topic places, it’s natural that if you post the same thing in several places with a focus on your conduct, you’ll feel like the world is out to get you when people reply.

Posting little snipes like this contributes to the feedback you get. The implication you’re now making is that I feel the rules are to be followed at a whim, and that you are in fact a better person for taking the high road – exactly the opposite of the stance you seem to take about others placing themselves on a pedestal above you. Neither is true, and statements like these move a discussion from substance to ad hominem really fast.

I am not putting words in your mouth. I am stating my perception of the words you put in your post. There have been many statements of people leaving and funny thing is nobody seems to have a problem with it. Hence my perception.

And again here is what i mean… It takes more than one person to argue and nobody says anything to anyone but me? I am supposed to take the criticism and move on? So what? I shouldn’t defend myself when someone tells me i am wrong for saying that name calling is against the rules? Should i have not said anything at all about the name calling? Is that where i am wrong? I am really trying to understand here.

My very first post on these forums monthes ago was a call out for someone spamming global and within moments of the post you were there to tell me that cal outs were not allowed. I didnt know that then and what did i do? I changed it. No problems.

But i shouldnt remind people of the rules?

How should i take this…

People who make statements of leaving typically don’t do so repeatedly, and those that do, get called on it. People who actually leave, leave.

Not at all true. Everyone gets criticized, as criticism of someones’ ideas is criticism of that person, by extension. The difference is that most people don’t take it as a grave insult. You can sidestep these slights and still have a meaningful conversation if you choose not to focus on them.

Sure you should. In this case, though, it wasn’t a clear call-out, and it makes sense that people disagree with you. No dev was mentioned by name, and there was not even a direct insult (just a blanket “the way this works is stupid” statement). I agree it’s possible to interpret things the way you did, and it’s equally possible to interpret them in a more benign view. Either way, there’s no need to continue the discussion once the points were made.

I’ve said my piece on the matter. You ask for why you are treated the way you are and given the frequency that you make these posts, I have tried to provide my feedback. I generally don’t enter these types of discussions, and I already regret getting involved here.

Ok @Lyya thanks for your feedback.

I am sorry you regret having this discussion. I am sure it is quite taxing to have to explain things to one such as me.

You all have a nice day… I am going to go drown myself in whiskey

Laterz

The Bad Guy™

plz take care brudda.

Selfes tine!

1 Like

“Black care never sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough”

T. Roosevelt
1 Like

I finally acquired this troop!

1 Like

Hes not funny tho.