Event chests, glory packs

Good question.

scoots

we were talking pity timer and then boom sexism and then confusion.

I think a Puget timer is a decent idea. Every glory key adds a cumulative 1% chance to drop a legendary, with every legendary doing resetting the timer.

That might be too high of a drop rate though. Maybe every key = .5%.

I would LOVE to something like this for arcane stones also. It would make farming theM MUCH mode tolerable.

This kinda thing could also allow for a purchasable consumable that doubles the % or something!

1 Like

Maybe this is just me (I only have my own experience to go on) but glory keys have been pretty kind to me. I have a pretty decent set of legendaries now–about half?–and I’ve gotten all but one of them from glory chests. Even before I was in a guild that focused on keys, I was getting a legendary from a glory chest every week or two.

By contrast, since I started playing this game, I’ve only gotten one legendary in all the gem and event chests I’ve opened, combined.

So, like, if the pity timer lumped all keys together, it would do me no good. The glory keys would keep resetting the timer and my gems would still be useless.

I liked the idea of saving up the gems to target specific legendaries in the event chests. So I’d say put every key on a different timer or lump the event and gem chests (which both use the same currency) into a single timer.

I would think that multi-timers would be used. One for each key and one for traitstones.

Ok, now we’re waaay off topic. InfinityPlus2 is based in Australia, not Washington.

Anyway, I’ve learned that if you want every player to experience a particular distribution, then you need to enforce it through some kind of streakbreaker or pity code. While the expected distribution for your random number generator may play out in the long run, over your entire player base, at the same time, you’re going to end up with every possible outlier. You will have individual players who are so lucky that the system may as well not be random, and others who will get the short end every time. Averaging their individual experiences validates the math, but contradicts the reason behind picking a particular distribution in the first place.

1 Like