Event chests, glory packs

1 Like

The only inherent problem with the “get to it right now” point of view is that it would need to have code written for it and the code would have to be free of bugs so that people won’t complain, trying to force it out prematurely complicates things and would take away from time spent Debugging 2.0, they have said it is a plan so just be patent and good things will come

3 Likes

Heh… Wait, what?

2 Likes

Wonder if every player got these keys?
Or
Only those who complain get these keys as a compensation?

2 Likes

is Vexonia in the event chest this week?
beacause their is no picture of her in the possible rewards on the left side,
i opend 150 chest already but like already mentioned RNG is RNG;)

One of the only, if not the only, female creatures with humanoid features to not have gigantic, oddly spherical breasts.

I complained recently so i thought i ought to cheer this time around.

1 Like

If it makes you feel any better, i still don’t have a venoxia.

I didn’t write the post hoping for free loot. The pity timer sounds like a winner though. Think i’ll hold off on opening more chests until it’s implemented.

hmm, something the forum needs more of

Just because you can’t see them doesn’t mean she doesn’t have them, naga anatomy and all :wink:

I don’t know why you assumed that I’ll be angry at your getting those keys. But I understand why you’re angry.

It wasn’t against you. It’s quite common to complain here when you got none legendaries opening lots of chests, let alone months of work to get the gems.

It’s quite fair if whoever complains here gets the keys.

Ps: I’m not like you, I hope everyone gets the cards they want.

GoW doesn’t abuse this nearly as much as 99% of other media.

My wife is “top-heavy” and one night decided to look through the Troop for Hallowe’en costume ideas. The closest match to her size (in her opinion) was Atlanta.

Atlanta, in my opinion, isn’t grossly over-endowed or even underdressed.

2 Likes

[quote=“Nimhain, post:18, topic:6908, full:true”]
We are actually looking to add a pity timer to chests in the future. NO ETA at this stage but we are totally on board with it.
[/quote]can you do this for trait stone drops as well?

Pity Timer… BRILLIANT!!!

I offer this as another option to the devs because I know nothing about coding, and perhaps this would be easier to implement. If the desired % are around 1% for glory and 2% for gems.

Then keep RNG active, there could be a Legendary counter on the page which keeps track of chests opened. Every 100 Glory chests guarantees a Legendary. Every 50 Gem chests guarantees a Legendary.

Either way, I think Im gonna start stock piling keys… :wink:

How would they implement it for trait stones though?

@killerman3333 What if it were a reward banner, akin to the class weapon tracker? They could call it something like a Customer Loyalty Bonus. After purchasing 100 glory chests the “merchant” of the chest store sends you a ticket for your choice of item, either Legendary troop or Arcane Stone, random. Same thing for every 50 gem chests.

OR, what if they used the model from revenge. After 100, 300, 500, 700, 900= legendary troops
200, 400, 600, 800, 1000= arcane stones

Just like in revenge every ten victories you get the mail that says “You have successfully defended your kingdom.” Every 100 chests you receive a letter saying “You are a valued customer, thank you for your patronage.”

The more I think about this… the more I like it… :wink:

2 Likes

You are not alone my friend.

That doesn’t quite sound like a “pity” timer, more like a long term average guarantee. Would this counter add 100 if you got a second legendary troop in the 1st hundred glory keys?

I think a pity timer needs to be 3 or 4 times the normal average (otherwise it’s just an ‘unlucky timer’) :wink:

I’m not sure what set of media you’re using to get at percentage like 99% but it’s definitely not the same set of media that I am aware of.

Gems of War exists a little bit (not dramatically) outside what I’m comfortable with & it’s about at the limit of what I could support or recommend. It’s the skeeviest game that I, personally, play.

I don’t have a beef against big breasts. Or sexy characters. And with a character like Atlanta, at least you can imagine she’s wearing a really, really fantastic bra under her rustic leather jerkin.

My problem is more–well, there’s a meme going around that describes the problem nicely:

All the arguments of like, “But it could be so much worse!” – well, I don’t play the games that are worse. Every day there are more games that are both (a) fun and (b) not wildly sexist. There are constant surveys showing that a HUGE percentage of gamers, both on mobile and console, are female. The creepsters can keep their creepy games. I’ll be moving toward the games that meet my needs.

2 Likes

I’m female, don’t feel particularly strongly one way or the other about sexism in video games, but I’m just gonna throw this out there:

[removing full-size image of Atlanta, not sure why we’re even talking about this here]

Maybe you can imagine her bra, but there’s not much doubt about her panties.

1 Like

Um what happened to this topic?

1 Like