Even higher reliance on Valkyrie come next patch, healthy?

At this point, I’m more hyped for the next update than I was for 2.1. And that’s saying something!

Um i think you broke my mind into three pieces. We currently have 3 soul generators to my knowledge, each able to make x amount of souls 2 fixed amounts and 1 unfixed amount. From what i know these getting a boost sounds amazing but will this be fore the major update(quarterly) or the minor (weekly) update?

I hope with the update all soul generators are on par with each other. Very very close to where you aren’t pigeonholed into one build because all the rest aren’t efficient enough.

Seems like a big task with hard to live up to expectations.

It would be a lot easier to address the base soul problem rather than force people to use very specific troops and team comps (there’s only a handful or two that are fast enough) in order to gain souls at a reasonable pace.

It’s always seemed silly to me that you have to use a specific troop in order to participate in a huge part of the game (leveling up troops and kingdoms). No troop should be so essential in a game like this, where there are so many options that in reality aren’t actually options because you have to use a specific set.

But I’ll give devs the benefit of doubt for now :stuck_out_tongue:
Anticipating hearing more about these changes

2 Likes

I agree with this. I don’t think the game should be anywhere near this focused on Soul generator troops. Using a Soul generator should result in at most a 2x gain, not 10x.

2 Likes

I think people are freaking out for no reason personally. I think the change will lead to more soul generating troops down the line. Some may say, “that’s the problem we don’t want the game to be reliant on soul-generating troops” ,but I think there’s always a need for more souls. They can up the soul gain across the board(I’m sure they plan to) and also have troops that allow those that need souls to gain them faster. I for one will use the hell out of whatever troops get me more souls.

Furthermore soul gaining troops aren’t “OP” so they really aren’t an issue other than being annoying to some. So imo it’s a lot of people making a mountain out of a mole hill. This game takes millions of souls to level up all troops, and will still need way more in the future. It’s silly to try to change something that is so important to newer and mid-range players just because you hate the idea of it, even though it doesn’t impact you what-so-ever.

Speaking only for myself, I don’t wish to slow down Soul generation for new players. I just find it silly that new players need to use one of a select few troops (almost none will have TDS since he’s Legendary) in order to accumulate Souls in any reasonable length of time. If it were only twice as efficient (but as efficient as it is now) to use Valkyrie, and the baseline were increased a lot, people wouldn’t feel nearly as tied to these troops as they do right now.

5 Likes

I agree with them upping the soul gain across the board, no debate there. I just don’t agree with nerfing soul generating troops as they currently are. It can take people (depending on how long they’re able to play) a year or longer to level up all troops. That’s insane. So when someone says let’s nerf how many souls troops give us i’m like, “are you crazy?”

I think they very well need to keep all 3 options.

Increase soul gain across the board, keep current soul gain troops where they are, create more soul gain troops and buff older ones as Nim said. Soul gain is one of the hardest hills to climb in this game bar-none. It shouldn’t take people a year just to feel like they’re caught up.

(I’m not an expert, whatever that is in this game, just merely a wolf with something to say)

1 Like

They aren’t getting nerfed.

Never said they were my friend. I was replying to Lyya saying she’d like to see them nerfed. Even though understanding her, she means not a nerf at all. Just trying to bring them more in line. I just think they’d be better left where they are. No need to bring down soul generating at all.

Just to clarify-Her saying she’d like to see them brought down to a 2x gain, not a 10x gain.

They did a great job giving us more souls through guild tasks though. I’m sure that helped newer players out immensely, because it sure helped me and I’m almost level 300. So if anything, at least don’t make that hill any harder to climb.

There are other hurdles too – Gold for kingdom leveling, Arcane Traitstones – and the latter is an even steeper wall than the Soul wall. The difference is that neither of those necessitates the inclusion of any specific troop. Merchant/Alchemist is dwarfed by PvP gains, and there’s no troop that gives extra chance for Arcanes (thank God) so you don’t feel punished by your team selection when farming Gold or Traitstones…only Souls. That feels broken, to me.

5 Likes

I think I phrased it poorly. I want to see the baseline brought up by 5x, and Valk down to twice that 2x, for 10x. No nerf.

3 Likes

Absolutely correct there. I hope they consider doing something about Arcanes in the future, definitely not with troops. lol I see where you are coming from, and I agree. Do you think though that it is good for players to have that option? That’s where I’m coming from. Soul generating troops aren’t strong to me, except you could argue mana generation. So if a player WANTS to gain more souls faster than others, they have the option to use said troops. The penalty is obviously matching those troops with a good team. The problem is most of the best troops in the game right now take blue mana, so if anything the devs should work on spreading that out further. Perhaps after the pirate kingdom, taking a break from blue mana for awhile.

(Not that I’m telling the devs what to do, I love what they’re doing)

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but most people want to be able to get less souls (but considerably more than what is live) through playing the game with teams that aren’t valk/tds related.

Hardly anyone is asking for Valkyrie to be nerfed, rather asking for the capability to use other teams that aren’t focused on soul gen in order to get such an important currency.

By raising the amount of souls you get to bring it somewhat in line with soul gen teams you open up more variety. You can still go faster with Valkyrie but you aren’t going ten times slower and purposely crippling yourself because you want to use troops that the wonderful devs made and introduced into the game.

It’s sad that only a handful of troops/teams are actively used because of the horrible base Soul gen.

So yes We can introduce all kinds of soul generators and have more variety but the base problem is still there.

Agreed.

All the other problems are going to be fixed. Nim said they’re adding more soul generating troops and buffing older ones, but yes they still need to increase soul gain across the board as well. I just hope they don’t “nerf” soul-generating troops afterwards. What I’m saying is i’d like all the options to be there and leave the soul generating troops at their current level. Therefore decreasing the time it takes to level troops up til end-game level. Usually in most games when something is upped (soul gain) the route to take there after is to nerf other things to balance the numbers back out from the “buff.” I’d just rather see an increase in soul gain period. Through all the means.

1 Like

since they are increasing max souls to 60, why not make base souls per match in pvp 30? or half of the max, it would make valk good still but not necessary. It would make valk say…4x time more souls? just not 10x as much. What justification could anyone use to NOT use Valk as long as valk generates 10x as much?

base souls are the issue, not troops that generate souls. Increasing base souls, would let newer player get their teams up a lot faster as well.

Can anyone explain me what’s about the next patch that makes Valk more useful, or even 2 Valks? I’ve read all this thread, and I couldn’t find a clear reason. I might be missing something, though.

If you have 2 necromancy traits on your team, your soul cap goes up. I believe that’s what’s happening if I understand it myself.

Thanks for the answer! So, this is not in effect yet, I assume? Seems like I’ve missed the related announcement

Yeah it hasn’t been officially announced. I think it was just leaked in Tacet’s stream or something by Nimhain. Sirrian posted something about it on one of these threads, can’t remember which.

1 Like

the patch did not come yet
and yes the necromancy will increase cap (so as valk has necro will be more useful in comparison to non-necro dragon soul)
cap alone will not be increased without necromancy
the 60 is after u used 2x necro 25% → 40souls +50% → 60souls

1 Like