Emperor Khorvash Versus... (Troop Name Here)

If you want to get into troops on Defense versus Invade, Moloch and Manticore both are completely washed out by Khorvash’s effectiveness. Bat isn’t bad on defense, but I’d still call Khorvash better on defense.

Pretty much any troop that requires direction is crap on defense, though, that’s why I’m not really trying to address defense.

I just think defense is a more accurate indicator of whether a troop is powerful or REALLY powerful.

I can win with just about any troop when I’m in control, because the AI is pretty darn terrible. It’s that same terrible AI that, IMHO, that proves whether or not a troop is really, really good.

There’s a few troops I hate to face - EK, BD, a couple of the Horsemen, maybe the IK/Sheggra combo. Manticore used to be on that list, but not anymore.

And contrary to your experience, I’m not particularly afraid of the AI using any troop at this point.

I disagree actually, it’s only a certain type of troop that the AI can also play well, which are the inherently or stupidly powerful troops. But other troops can be more powerful, but require sufficient thought that the AI never plays them well. To be honest I don’t have any current examples.

Even death? Because you know it can kill your whole team without you being able to react. .

If it gets the mana to do so.

Muhahahha but in case he gets :slight_smile:
It happens once every 50ish battles

I never said I was afraid. I can, and have beaten, just about everything. As I’m sure you have and many others, because the AI is just that bad.

That being said, there are a handful of troops that are somewhat “problematic”. Meaning you actually have to pay attention to them and target them with a higher priority before they can really hurt you. EK is in that list. Manticore USED to be in that list but not anymore.

Actually we agree.

You’re saying the same thing as I am - the AI proves which troops are merely good and which ones are truly overpowered.

Any troop that requires thought or strategy isn’t inherently overpowered, IMO.

Alright. How would you propose quantifying how good a troop is on defense, however, compared to another? That varies greatly depending on your own invade team.

A manticore may be meaningless to your invasion team, but for a team relying on Mab, sometimes they (and other impervious/mana shield) troops are problematic.

Emperor Khorvash versus Peasant.

When it comes to destroying one gem where ever you want on the board peasant wins easy. EK wins in other sections.

People have misconstrued my statement on Gorgotha and khorvash lol. I never stated that You need a Khorvash to beat a Khorvash, heck i just spam bats or maw it, merely using 2 walls in the game commonly found end game. I could’ve listed troops with Stoneskin To suffice.
Let me also clarify what I meant by being well rounded. If we’re going to compare Legends based on pure damage and utility, Khorvash is going to win bc of his Well-Rounded kit. He has 3 traits that are good and usable at almost all situations(Leader has him at front) now compare that to a majority of Legends, 2 usable traits
Even 1 at times. No one is saying here Khorvash is unbeatable, far from it. Personally if they nerf it, that wouldn’t sit right with me, if anything they should buff legends like they did with Carnex. KOS why do you have a 50% chance to SUMMON trait for 3rd -.-.

2 Likes

Well, due to… personal issues… i wasn’t really able to get into the forums as much as i would like but to put some of my personal perspectives on Khorvash’s case.

As said by Megabex he is very well rounded, even more like really well built for a legendary troop these days, but that’s because the other legendaries are just outdated. Remnants of simplest days in the game…

The closest troop i could compare him would be maybe a Knight Coronet using the similarities in traits and spell power and the “two-on-target aim”, but the key difference is the rarity that adds up more beneficial factors for Khorvash.

(This remounts to Manticore’s case where people really got excited about a troop that was over the power curve for it’s own rarity. Still a good troop to use on invade, as it is with many others, and a “meh” troop on defense just as it was with any other troop. So yeah, for some people it was amazing to be able to hold better results on defense, but it wasn’t meant to be like that for just an Ultra-Rare i think.)

Balancing the game is not being easy for the developers i think, they have the creative ways to make awesome troops, but while they have created one new troop each week it leaves less time to rework old ones. Sheggra a while back was just another old legend, it even got nerfed before (saw posts about it when i joined the forums) if i correctly recall, but it didn’t prevented people from using it on Maw’s/Mercy/IK/Sheggra teams. Just having the right and fitting composition turned Sheggra into a better legendary? No, and basically no one asks for upgrades for her… Poor girl…

Even comparing with the previous meta i can say, based on my experience, that Khorvash is very present, not onipresent as Maw was. The horsemen shows up quite a lot for me… Also having Khorvash cast once against my team is certainly risky, but not as bad as having Maw casting ans snowballing the battle, also since people are aware of Khorvash presence i saw more variants on teams based on troops order trying to avoid the mana drain on key cards.

Also mana Drain proved to be a defining line of the actal meta. It all started with Manticore i think, once it becomes less reliable after being rebalanced people migrated to Khorvash, that even being very resilient to damage as a front troop, is much more slower and less protected against nocive effects, but as he resists very well front damage it’s very effective against the A.I that runs for skulls, so you denies mana to it “twice” let’s say.

Well, while i don’t see issues at the current meta i hope for better days with more variety, and better troops bringing new strategies and fun. Some troops can come to directly fight/shake the present meta, but i wouldn’t discard the possibility of Khorvash being nerfed to avoid an increasing power creep that can throw game at a bad state. I guess that’s all.

thats how i feel about ek… i mean there is NO mechanic that wards against the mana drain, cmon not even impervious D:

haha, I just finished my post regarding him… I guess great minds and all.

If Impervious would prevent Mana Drain it would be a legedary/mythic trait by itself. I’m not even a huge fan of Impervious making troops immune to devour and mana burn. A few months ago i’ve suggested in another thread that Mana Shield could also prevent Mana Drain, as well as other tratis having double functions in a certain way making troops interesting and relevant without condensing all the best benefits into Impervious alone.

4 Likes

that would be fine with me
i just wish some units would be immune to mana drain, doesnt matter if not many, but any
gettign 50% of your team fully mana drained is too tiring

When did a core function of a fight/battle become “problematic”?

Are we just literally so used to winning without trying?

Unfortunately, yes.

I would fight kor vs tyri, your armour is great but you can’t touch this. Tyri is god of the thieves.