Double Traitstones! Turned Spoilers in the 115s

I’m using
Giants banner

Bat***
Bat***
Valk***
Runesmith (lvl1)

…just going to basically ignore the smith although with the bats third trait the extra atk is nice

It’s more like pointing out the flaws to the less math inclined souls. If it takes five hours to get two arcanes instead of two hours to get one arcane, I’d rather stick with the latter option. Now, if the event would increase the rarity level of trait stones by one instead of just doubling the drop I’d be off farming instead of browsing the forum. The way it works right now I haven’t yet found a way where I end up with more, or even just the same amount of loot for time spent. I guess your result might be more beneficial at lower levels, where you are not yet able to field strong teams.

2 Likes

My complaint is more so with the fact that Runesmith doesn’t give traitstones naturally with his ability and that this event is essentially to compensate for the lack of it. Even something as low as a 10% chance would be completely worth it without being too high of a gain. If the worry is that people would use 3x of them with a mana generator, then I would point to the fact that 4x Dust Devils can get a traitstone of color choice in under 1 minute or that treasure maps can net around 1 traitstone per minute.

3 Likes

This might be the devs exploring how out of control such an ability could take the economy.

2 Likes

That is true, but a 10% chance for a traitstone on cast would give less traitstones than 2x traitstones per match assuming that both only use 1 Runesmith. With the addition of Tyri with maps, there is a troop that can gain nearly every basic resource in the game. The only ones missing at this point are traitstones, gems because they are a premium currency and are expected to be limited, glory because it is mainly associated with PvP and progress (kingdom levels), and keys because those seem to be mainly associated to mini-games.

Well, you CAN get gold keys on just gem matches…

Ok, so why do you think high leveled players use this double traitstone event? Dont you think that they have came up with a build that is fast enough for them to earn a profit when it comes to stones?

He is happy that he will get to use his hammer on those falling rocks from the sky.

The dev team would be nuts to create a troop that gives Traitstones. They’re too rare and too integral to the end-game for something like that. It would also lead to folks complaining that they “have” to use the troop, similar to the Valkyrie (and to a less extent Tyri) complaints we currently see.

While I’m on the subject, I honestly don’t get why they introduced the Daily Maps at the same time they buffed Treasure Maps and Tyri. Would’ve made perfect since to introduce the Daily Maps with the TH buff in the hopes it lured people to buy, but Tyri’s buff made that totally unnecessary. I can’t imagine anyone is buying the Daily Maps.

All that said, I’m with @Jainus on this one. It’s a free event. It’s literally costing you nothing. We should all be grateful. And it opens up the option of them doing similar cool stuff like this in the future. Maybe next week they introduce a Soul-related troop and playing with it gives Double Souls. Or maybe next time it’s an awesome troop.

1 Like

I really like that the Dev’s are creating a mini-incentive to trial playing the new troop. Up until now I primarily got the new troop either to complete the collection or as a by-product of accessing the scarce arcane stones I was seeking. Unless it was a good troop (Mercy, Infernal King, Maw etc) it hardly got much usage.

I hope that the Dev’s continue to give a mini-incentive for using a new troop each time one is introduced. Only suggestion would be to state the finite duration of the event (so people could better determine whether they should spend the two arcane stones on the third trait etc).

Good job!

5 Likes

Complaints about Valkyrie are because only by using her, you get not once, not twice, but literraly 10 times the soul you would normaly get.
If traitstones were caped low (I’d say 3 per battle at best), there would be no problems. Even more so if the spell had low chances to get you a stone (something between 5 and 15%).
I have yet to see complaints about Tyri by the way.

I’ll have to agree to this being a nice event, not a very profitable one for us, but still.
If I could make some real detailed feedback, it’d go like this :

#Pros :

• It got everyone thinking of building their team around a new unit, great way to introduce new content.
  • It made everyone interested in playing a little bit mroe than usual
  • It made us all testers of the new unit to come back with some feedbacks

#Cons :

• It got people’s hope high up for… Not much as it’s not as profitable as expected
  • (this point was edited in then edited out as I was wrong about something ^^')

Now, what failed the most in my opinion in this event is that… Runesmith is plain bad.
I mean it, he is litterally a weaker version of Sparkgrinder.
And we were invited to play such a weak card that just felt useless in most of our decks…

I hope we will see more events like this, just to get us to play with every new troops.
But these troops better be usefull, at least, as niche picks.

4 Likes

I do like the events, but this is more so about addressing traitstone farming balance. Runesmith is fairly weak and does not work well with many teams. Players that really need the 2x traitstones for PvP don’t have the souls to allocate for these few days. Some extremely new players may not even be able to purchase the troop with glory in time for the few days it will last.

The last time they did an event like this it was a legendary of the Summer Imp. Aside from that, the troop then was behind a gem wall (95 gems, but came with 7 magic keys) instead of a glory wall (300 glory + the other stuff it comes with). Aside from extremely new players not being able to obtain the 300 glory in time, there is no way for the devs to profit off of it. No amount of cash can buy glory directly whereas the previous time a person could have it instantly with about $5 to close the gem gap for the purchase. I personally find this particular event to be bad from both a player and a business side of functioning.

I would have to disagree. The reason people complain that they have to use Valkyrie is due to how low a normal match gives - only 4 souls boosted by bonuses. A normal speed match with Valkyri gives 10x that much. A match traitstone-wise is likely to give 1 traitstone. A normal speed match with a 10% chance for a traitstone on Runesmith is 1 additional traitstone, 2 additional if lucky. That is only 2x more than a normal match without it. Valkyrie would net 5x more to her respective resource than a 10% Runesmith would.

On a somewhat related note, Valkyrie and adding a 10% Runesmith are not the quickest methods to obtain their resource. Arena gives souls faster than Valkyrie. Maps and 2-4x Dust Devils gets traitstones faster than a 10% Runesmith.

2 Likes

I strongly doubt high level players farm this event, other than as a fun way to level up to rank 1. I also strongly doubt that any of those players has come up with a build that lets them profit more in terms of trait stones than they would by Dust Devil farming challenges. I’m willing to get proven wrong though, so if you do happen to have additional information, feel free to give it a shot.

Mind you, I’m not opposed to the event, it’s a good incentive to draw newer players into PvP mode. It also promotes a troop that needs every help it can get. I’d probably have tossed in a few Runesmith invasions too if I hadn’t already ranked up to the top on Monday.

So what if Runesmith is bad…? Does every new card have to be awesome and different? I don’t think so… The game just needs more troops, more everything… This guy is lower tier than Sparkgrinder so shouldn’t be as good… More common cards are allowed to be weaker, after all what else makes the rarer cards feel better?

1 Like

Yeah you are right that farming in challenges is the fastest using 4x Dustdevils. But I was not talking about farming in challenges, I was talking about farming in PVP with the traitstone event, which gives greatly better gold.

Tell me if you know any teams out there who is double as fast in PVP than f.example:

2x bat***
valk***
runesmith***

or

Jarl firemantle***
2 x Rocket Goblin***
runesmith***

I’m using the two bats. It’s like you would expect, aggressive quick kills or you die first. With more attack and bloodthirsty the bats do well enough

1 Like

You miss the point. People are not complaining about the new troop being bad. They are complaining about the anti-climatic Double Traitstones event, which only works in PvP, yet forces you to use a troop that is not good enough for PvP.

2 Likes

I did get that point… And still disagree… Go figure a viable team that makes good use of it… Like pair up with Rowanne for example… Gorgotha/Runesmith/Rowanne is a 6 colour trio, do what you like for the fourth…

I really like that this event set a new challenge and opportunity. It’d be daft if it was a mega useful powerful troop AND you got double traitstones for a while just for slotting it…

1 Like

It’s not about the card being bad, it’s about the card having no identity, it is just a weaker Sparkgrinder.

Now, you could say that, at lower level, people may like him, and he could be “that awesome card that boosted my troops when I was below lvl 50”. Very unlikely : Sparkgrinder is, for most player, the second epic card you get from storyline, so you are VERY likely to get it before a Runesmith. So you’ll never play Runesmith.

The only place you could play Runesmith is the arena (and, in this case, the issue is that he is weak, he won’t be picked because there are better cards)

I wouldn’t mind it this much, if, at least it had different mana color (both colors), and a different troop type. As a matter of fact, there are already very few dwarf troops, I don’t want to see them cloned, I want brand new Dwarves with different mechanics…

The only “game change” Runesmith brought is that Khaziel now has 9 troops.it’s the only reason I’ll remember it exists after the event…

3 Likes

That’s a terrible Rowanne team, unless you put Yasmine’s Caliche as the fourth, and even then I would replace Runesmith with something else (maybe Green Seer, or even Alchemist).

Sure, it’s possible to make teams that work with him, but they would work despite him being there, not because of him. For any team you could think that works with him, it would work even better if you replace him with something else.

Then I’m sure that for the next Double Gold (or souls) event, you’d want it to only affect PvP, and only if you have Dire Wolf in your team. Surely this would make everyone happy, right? After all, building a team that works with Dire Wolf is a real challenge, and, um… opportunity?

1 Like