Doom Weapon Create a Gem

Still ridiculous. Devs do something

2 Likes

I want to point something out, just for clarification, but you’re physically more likely to give that cascade to the enemy.

Imagine a line of two reds, a yellow, and two reds. You create a red gem. If all spots have an equal chance to be converted to reds, then there’s one spot that will give that 5-match to you, and two that give it to the enemy. Thus it’s literally twice as likely to give the enemy the benefit. That’s why this effect feels really awkward to use and should probably just be replaced with ‘generate X mana of Y colour’.

2 Likes

To be fair, there are also 2 spots where you get a match 3 in your example.
[drops devils advocate cloak]

I HATE gem creation on any weapon that doesn’t already create gems of that color/type.
I have several legendary weapons upgraded only to +5 precisely for this reason.
In an even broader scope I sometimes also wish we could turn traits or upgrades off, but that’s a different topic.

1 Like

Agreed. Time to take some important people.

@Saltypatra @Kafka @Ozball

1 Like

I hope you mean ‘tag’ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

1 Like

Hmmm, now I’m not sure what I mean!

:yum:

Sometimes it seems like devs are trolling players on purpose. Like with this issue. Putting something that makes your weapon worse and calling it an upgrade is insane. .I understand they can’t please everyone, but this doesn’t even make sense, unless they wanted to be oh so smart and “justify” calling it a doomed weapon as it clearly has the potential to doom the player that owns it. But then don’t price it at 800 gems in the soulforge. It’s not a fair price for the weapon that you can effectively use only half of its upgrades if you don’t want to gamble with turning the board into doomskull fest.

6 Likes

It’s even worse when you spend months collecting forge scrolls of the right color and then waste both those and the weapon.
Plus there is the missed potential since they all get more powerful based on forge level.

1 Like

We should be able to deactivate negative weapon perks like this, or modify the perk so that the gem create happens AFTER the skull armageddon. Not during its implementation. Very very bad design.

4 Likes

Feel like not many people are familiar with the devs process here.

Want this changed? Start making threads about how great of a feature it is. “Wow create a gem is such an exciting gameplay mechanic! You never know what will happen!”. Watch how quickly they’ll change it then offer you to “reforge it” for gems.

4 Likes