Doom Weapon Create a Gem

Thanx for your opinion.
I play Mang in Invasion and like it so far. It’s slow but effective.
While upgrading I read the text of “Warm” and thought: Oh, wait! I have to stop here!
I’m a bit careful since I fully leveled Sol’Zara without being careful… :unamused:

1 Like

Me too on both those counts, @locoblutaxt :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:! My Mang is still at +5 and I have no intention to change that.

Same here, +5 mang.

+5 Mang. It’s like flipping a coin, when going with level 20 troops against level 500 troops heads means you get to tickle them, tails means they get to beat you to a pulp.

1 Like

Simply don’t understand this gem creation malarkey. Affixes are meant to be beneficial and that’s why we spend ingots. This affix can cost you a match…quickly! Same with some traits as others have said. We need to trait troops to boost kingdoms but sometimes it can be suicidal to do so. Another one for the retirement home for the sake of 10 gold a day lol.

2 Likes

Bumping this again because I just crafted Doomed Blade and upgraded it all the way without remembering the blue create a gem was on it. I feel like an idiot BUT if the devs could just change it to create a Doomskull then it would be perfect. You’ve done it before Devs, you can do it again!!

2 Likes

Same here. It happened three times in twenty battles that I would have a perfect Skull combo or Critical Hit with all the Doomed Skulls, but then “Create a Gem” ruined everything, gave the AI the opportunity to cheat me of a win.

@Saltypatra and @Kafka, please address this issue with Doomed Weapons in the next update, please!

4 Likes

+1. This made me stop upgrading Mang.

1 Like

I use doomed weapons a lot, and always thought of the create a gem as the curse that makes them doomed! They are very powerful, but every once in a while the curse hits you and what would have been a game finishing combo becomes the move that sets up your doom.

It’s nearly been a year since I first started this thread and still no change to them. It’s frustrating, but thank you for your thoughts! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The create a gem breaking a combo happened to me in back to back GW matches. Fortunately it didn’t cost me the match but it’s frustrating to have to deal with. Upgrading something should not be breaking it. Doom weapons especially. 100% agree with this thread.

2 Likes

I actually had it work in my favor. Guild Wars battle was going south fast due to unfortunate cascades, opponent managed to fire off Doomed Blade, resulting in the only extra turn match getting disrupted by the blue gem. It was even a sword shaped skull cluster that got broken up:

****  ->  *X**

Turned a loss into a win, so I guess sometimes the RNG gods really do listen to your prayers. I celebrated by vowing never to upgrade my own Doomed Blade past +6.

3 Likes

Haha you got incredibly lucky! Nice!

The really amazing thing about it is how time can sometimes go into slow motion mode. I saw the spell going off, I saw the screen filling up with skulls, I saw that skull cluster right in the center and had like an eternity to feel sure that I’d lost. And then the blue gem plopped in and nothing at all exploded. Definitely a memorable experience, even though I still consider those “upgrades” a horribly bad design decision.

1 Like

I’ve experienced that too, your life basically flashes before your eyes as the board is about to destroy any hope you had at salvaging the match, and then… nothing. You’ve been saved by the RNG god. And you leave the battle victorious.
It’s a great feeling😂

This IMO is also a big problem with titan. Quads are wrecked by gem creation in exactly the wrong place. Titan is no longer worth the risk. Sentinel is way better.

Titan isn’t creating a gem, it’s exploding a gem. On an extra turn match, so the risk of handing over a lethal board is actually zero.

Oops my mistake. Indeed it can be used to explode a yellow on a quad match. Which can wreck a 2nd quad and potentially put you in a precarious position. At least we can select to change this talent for something else if we wish. The option to deactivate negative weapon “perks” would resolve this as has been said.

1 Like

You mean to tell me a thread made in December 2018 asking for a simple change that’s been plaguing 2 premium weapons that costs gems to obtain and even more exclusive scrolls to upgrade still can’t be resolved by January 2020?

We’re not looking for a cure for cancer or even world peace.

Create a Blue Gem for a weapon that turns Red to Doomskulls is a bad upgrade.
Create a Brown Gem for a weapon that turns Green to Doomskulls is a bad upgrade.

Both are bad upgrades because it interrupts the fundamental purpose of the weapon which is converting to Doomskulls.

You don’t have to reinvent the wheel. You don’t have to find a global solution for Create a Gem since you’ve stopped implementing that affix on weapons.

I don’t even care what Affix it is, literally ANYTHING that doesn’t create/destroy gems is better. Gives us Treasured: 10% chance for a Treasure Map, give us Impish: 10% chance to summon a Quasit. I don’t care.

Legitimate solution: Give us the Ruined Affix: Create a Doomskull, as it matches the purpose of the weapon. Making Doomskulls.

I legit would have spent gems to upgrade my weapon to +10 on the first blue Doomed Weapon without this bad affix. We’re now on the 3rd blue Doomed Weapon with no change.

This issue is not dead, this is not a necro.

Can we get an acknowledgement that this hasn’t been forgotten?.. or better yet, a 10 min hot fix? please?

23 Likes

GoW has a number of problems but for me, this situation with harmful weapon affixes is the worst part of the game - I just feel bad every time that I use any weapon with these affixes. I don’t understand why devs are ignoring it. Excuses like ‘some players like it’ are nonsense for every knowledgable player - only forum trolls and players who don’t understand how these ‘create/destroy gem’ affixes work ‘like’ these affixes.

3 Likes