Doom storm needs a buff

Maybe Dev analysed data from GW and just realized how insanely powerful it was.
Just saying, T1 GW just got higher and higher single day score in Brown Day, all because of the Doom duo.

Having played more with doomstorm since my posts here …

I’m finding it harder to actually find a safe board to cast with guaranteed extra turns. This, however, has nothing to do with the nerf. Weird.

On actually casting anything, yes, it does seem a bit slower. Not nearly as many cases of it cascading until nothing is left and then going for another few rounds just because it can. However: I still have the board, I still have the turn, and I still have something charged that can make use of it (most of the time). It ends up playing more like a traditional looping team, which is excellent in my book.

3 Likes

As a side note, i couldn’t agree more. Due the very restricted rotation of GW week it causes even a huge problem for anyone who wants to ascend the GW troops because the brackets can only change once a month. A dynamic weekly leaderboard that resets itself at the start of every event would do a better job at showing which guild played better and deserves the top positions. Simple score dynamics with some criteria to handle possible draws.

I can hear the crying:

My guild won bracket 8 with top scores and reached bracket one. Now we can’t beat these top guilds like Anonymous, it’s not fair their troops have such high stats and are so much stronger than ours, and they seem to have every card and kingdom too. How is this fair?

1 Like

If people liked “working their butts off” so much, they would fight for, “The higher I am, the harder I have to fight to stay on top”.

Instead they like, “It should take a consistent amount of effort to rise, once I get to the top I shouldn’t have to keep working so hard to maintain it so long as the people beneath me aren’t working that hard either.”

Yes, this means I agree with boosting the progress of very low-rank guilds. I think a 30-member guild with fully-active players harvesting all of their seals and 300-500 trophies per week ought to be in “competitive tiers” within 2-3 months. I think dominating very low brackets with that kind of guild ought to rocket you upwards dozens of brackets at a time. It will slow down once you reach “competitive”, which is defined as “the point with other 30 high performers”.

We can’t keep saying “Well Intrim did it one time so it’s possible”. I may as well point out Oprah Winfrey was born in poverty and ask why the hell you’re so broke if she could make it? But more on topic, the game’s response to Intrim’s meteoric rise was to eventually make GW 3 weeks apart so it would take 3x as long to make a repeat performance.

I am not going to bicker. My belief is “being at the top” should require constant hard work and maintenance. I think the best way to do that is to make it very easy for confident people to attack those at the top.

Sure, “they didn’t work as hard to get there”. Then that should make it clear they won’t be successful when they attack the harder workers. Or that if they can topple the people at the top, they can’t maintain their position.

The top 5 hasn’t changed in 11 weeks. The top 10 contains 9 or less guilds, if you consider “sister guilds” to be “one guild”. You aren’t going to catch up to them, with current mechanics. You can only fight to stay “just as far behind”.

I am not ashamed to think you ought to get slightly more bang for your fight than they get, until you also are in the top ?? and no longer get that benefit. People like a close game better than a blowout. I’m not going to argue further about it, either. You agree or you don’t, and I won’t change my mind about how I think games should play out.

Why was doom storm even nerfed? It’s wasn’t a problem on defence and while very good on offence it was also very risky I lost quite a lot when the ai went nuts with my doom storm and killed my entire team in 1 turn.

Seriously time to start buffing a lot of troops with Infernus, Ubastet, Ishbaala, Infernus again, exploders and doom storms nerfed I running out of fun teams to use.

4 Likes

Actually it got nerfed twice. It was never a problem before the first time, and neither before the 2nd time. No one losed to Doom Skulls teams, and they used to be quite fun to play around with. Now it’s kinda like a big NO.

And most importantly: It was not faster than other builds either, before it got nerfed the first time. So many times we found no aligments etc that slowed down the team a lot, and it happened frequently.

Nerfing it once - I could live with. Twice - absolutely ZERO reasons for it.

4 Likes

What pisses me off the most is doom skulls, a team that is no where in sight in the defense meta, gets killed and Divines, being so strong that multiple nrfs do nothing, remain on top.

I loved the fact that playing doomskulls was never a guaranteed win (other team can use them against me) and it was F U N. You know what’s not fun? GOING AGAINST THE SAME DAMN DIVINE TEAM OVER AND OVER. I like how they looked at the potential overpowered-ness of doom skulls but turn a blind eye to the same few troops that have been dominating.

1 Like

I would like to see people facing the Top Guilds just to give them a taste…
Many players, in all level ranges, have a terrible misconception: “GoW is easy, so being good at GoW is easy.” Sure, stats makes a difference, and with time your stats will grow, but time also gives experience, something not measured only by resources in the game.

Anyway, for the topic at hand i think this is enough off-topic, but it was an enlightening discussion in some points.

3 Likes

I did not even used it a lot before. I used it a little from time to time for a change. I miss those times.

2 Likes

Wrath (was gorgotha)
Glaycion
Captain skull beard
King bloodhammer

That was my MAIN team. It was a team where it was fun and tolerable going against Divines. It definitely wasn’t a instant win, but it made it interesting. Also, now that Exploders are nerfed, that unintentionally buffed Divine protector. Being able to get 5 gem surges no problem.
It is higely upsetting for someone like me who isn’t exactly top bracket, since I got most legendaries and not a lot of mythics, I felt like I can compete. But nope. Now i gotta wait on my 1/5000 chance to pull a mythic or use a team that can’t compete.

It was a cheap team midgame players could use to beat endgame teams. This bothered people who worked hard to get to endgame and don’t want anyone else to get where they got unless the new person works harder to get there.

So there was a small, quiet, “doomskulls are too much” nerf panic that was addressed so quietly and quickly no one made a stink about it until now, when the next-strongest thing got nerfed to hold new players back.

Meanwhile, the stuff that has large-scale threads and everyone agrees should be nerfed but is inaccessible to low-level players takes 3-6 months, and sometimes a year, to nerf.

1 Like

I don’t know of any endgames players that got bothered or cared if midgame players had viable builds to beat endgame players with? Was there not always viable team for midgame players to use taking down endgame players? I personally could not care less, but perhaps you do? As a midgame player 2-3 years ago there was always viable builds to beat endgame players with as well. The game has always been easy, even for midgame players.

5 Likes

Oh please stop whining!
Doomstorm needed the nerf big time!

Some people are just never satisfied… smh

1 Like

Great attitude! If I should give you an advice: Don’t ever change!

How do you reach this verdict? Because virtually noone complained about Doomstorm since the first tweak to it some months ago?
Or is it because almost noone of the highest progression players used Doomstorm teams in pvp offense or defense in favor of other teams that are at least just as fast and more reliable?
Granted i am not in the top brackets of GW but i didn’t see any Doomstorm defense teams there either.
You disliking something is not the same as that something needing a nerf.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:
Yet again. This did not happen. Repeating it doesn’t make it true. My guild is entirely filled with end-gamers, and only one guy out of 30 complained about doomskulls. I also haven’t heard end-gamers from other guilds I know whining about doomskulls. It was a non-issue.

5 Likes

Yeah.
Doom skulls needed a nerf.
Not anything else.
Doom skulls were the top priority.

2 Likes

PAY TO SKULL! Oops, wrong topic. That’s the next cash shop. 500 gems per skull.

Anyways, Doomskulls didn’t need to be nerfed. I thought they were hilarious and some of my best times with this game was taking my fully traited divine team with Bloodhammer and getting absolutely destroyed by a firebomb team. I’m not being facetious either, it was hilarious.

2 Likes

Would you describe 1 out of 30 as “small and quiet” or “loud and raucous”?

When Doomskulls were announced, I saw a good bit of complaining about them. Immediately after Dhrak-Zum came out, there was a pretty big, “Whoa, this team is overpowered” thread. But then after people played with it for a few days, most people changed from “OP” to “very fragile and only good on offense”. Then the thread disappeared because most people felt the team didn’t hold up to the test of time, and we went back to complaining about Divines.

Then Doomskulls got nerfed? Twice? It took that long for Divines to get nerfed once, and people were griping about them well before Doomskulls released.

Which part of that wasn’t “There was a small, quiet, ‘doomskulls are too much’ nerf panic that was quickly and quietly addressed.”?