Do you like the new World Event? Poll

No. Having inadequate weapons against scaling enemies is a good thing. It will reveal the futility of the new events and thus encourage frugality. Unless you are a lunatic who spends so much that your score on xbox is almost 90K. Rofl. A single handed thumbs up to the devs and a finger to the rest of us who see the problem. And his expenditure is not unique. Several players have scores over 40K and that’s why anything incriminating posted about this event is laughed at by the balance sheets which “prove” it was a brilliant and shrewd business plan.

1 Like

Eh, the leaderboard spending seems to be on par with leaderboard spending in other single player ranked events like Tuesdays and Thursdays.

It’s the masses chasing sunk cost to finish it out that we can’t see where the balance sheet really rests.

And even that won’t show the number of players/guilds that plan to sit out the next World Event based on the cost of this one.

2 Likes

It won’t happen. Some players play all day every day with wallets at the ready. That’s why forum objections mean zero.

1 Like

I think that some players with wallets at the ready are getting sufficiently annoyed with the game as of late that they may take those wallets to a more deserving game. I have supported this game pretty heavily in the past year and a half or so. Unless things change for the better soon, my wallet is going to hit the road.

1 Like

I hope you’re not referring to the real world event!

Obviously not. Even if this was the case, I’m pretty sure the percentage of ‘no’ votes would be even higher…

15 million plus for p1 in an event as mind numbing as new factions when you can do the whole gig for 1.5 million illustrates clearly the codependence that this game can promote. Why anybody would go 10 times beyond what is needed is the stuff of psychologist best sellers and thesis. And in my case… nightmares. Pity is an inadequate sentiment for the despair I feel for you.

Our group always achieved the last reward by Friday night on Guild Week games (Raids, etc). By Sunday afternoon, there was no way we were getting the last reward.

The balance is way off on that world event. Also, RNG rewards sucks.

If you fix the balance, it might be better. As of now, it’s a solid no. Still better than Guild Wars, but worse than all the others.

2 Likes

Scoring is too random.
Way too many points required for top tier rewards.
You get the tokens/medals when you don’t need them.
Some randomization can be justified. You can come up with a lot of arguments about how many guilds/players you expect to reach maximum rewards. But giving people boosts to make something easier as a reward for completing that task is always outright stupid.