Do you like the new World Event? (From the Depths.) Poll & discussion

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Okay, new poll again. Only 2 choices as always, if you “don’t care” or whatever then don’t vote :wink:
Voting results are public this time so we can see how many ‘yes’ votes from the devs have swung the balance :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

No, as we can accept RNG in battles, valravens, and even dooms. Dooms have variations in the scrolls between different guilds, but a single guild can coordinate the rooms and hit all rewards with a static layout.

Random scoring is BS and the devs know that. At the very least, the last one had random room generations but each one had a set amount of points.

They know dang well that no one would like the scoring or ridiculous troop restrictions and were not flying blind here, but they tried to blindside us once again.

17 Likes

This is the one I dont like.

3 Likes

Any event that costs more than the usual mix of tier III and tier IV purchases to complete rewards is bad on its face. Beyond that, RNG drops for points making it so that some people have to work harder/spend more gems to achieve the same things as others, who spent the same amount of gems is both unfair and makes for a bad event. Even then, this “customizable” event structure may have sounded like a way to keep things fresh, but the horrible mix of weapons and troops this week is uninspiring. The technical flub where the weapon restriction stays locked outside of the event, until the game is restarted, is just the saucy brown drizzle on the cake.

3 Likes

Lol. These events are rubbish. Devoid of any structure or strategy whatsoever. Scoring is in the lap of the gods. Buy the weapon, do all your sigils and forget about it. You can’t analyse random.

5 Likes

The troop restrictions are like playing chess with only Knights and Bishops.
You have the various kinds of troops for a reason.
Just more Gimmicks of War bull shit designs.

5 Likes

I like the brief Lore snippet about the event. It’s pretty cool. Everything else about it is a disappointment as has been clearly stated by the above posters. Wonky RNG scoring randomness is the worst!

2 Likes

Now that we know most people don’t like the event in genuinely interested in whether or not the dev team cares.

2 Likes

It’s the first one of these that actually runs at normal speed for me so that’s a plus.
I still don’t like the degree to which they are restricted but have plenty of options for this one so that’s forgivable.
The scoring is terrible and far out weighs anything remotely positive about the event. Either the random scoring needs to be done away with entirely or the goals need to be adjusted to the amount of points an entire guild buying teir 4 would get at worst.
All this is going to do is put off new comers and casual players who have no chance of completing the event and alienate those who can by making them feel they are being gouged for resources.

4 Likes

I found it odd that The Dragon Soul was not available in the selection of troops available.
I also found it odd that I could not figure out why not all the purple troops that were mystics were not present.

More so - it really doesn’t make a lot of sense.

everybody disliked the first world event. I mean EVERYBODY! Did the devs care? Look at the current event, it follows in the same steps like the Council of Chiefs…

2 Likes

@Taisiakat They need to be purple AND Warlocks or Mages. Dragon Soul is nether of those two.

1 Like

Every troop has a “role” indicated by a graphic to the left and right of their type. The Dragon Soul is a generator and this event excludes them.

1 Like

Then please explain to me - since that makes no sense - Corrupt Magus - he’s human/Mystic
Or the following that are in the selection choices for the event

Baba Yaga - Fey/Mystic
Blind Guardian - Monster/Mystic
Fallen Valdis - Undead/Mystic
Night Hag - Undead/Mystic
Queen Titania - Fey/Mystic

(I could go on)

In addition - these do not even meet the event criteria then at all but they are present to be selected.

Arachnaean Waver - Elf/Monster
Atlanta - Human/Rogue
Cat Sith - Fey/Beast
Dragonette - Dragon

your explanation does not work.

1 Like

There is no such troop type as Mage or Wizard. There is Mystic. Dragon Soul is Mystic.

1 Like

They added completely superfluos troop “roles” to the game to try and give people something they wanted (but in a way that more than sort of missed the point of the request made in the first place). That’s where the mage moniker comes from.

In other words: you’re thinking the restriction is type-based, but it’s role-based.

Game has too many really-similar terms :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

The symbols to the left and right of the troop’s type denotes its role. The role is what you see when you look at their medal page once you’ve fully ascended, leveled, and traited a troop. The ones that look like starbursts are “generators,” the ones that look like knight helmets are “defenders,” the ones that look like bows & arrows are “strikers,” the ones that look like books are “mages,” and the ones that look like stars are “warlocks.” There are more, just select the dropdown to filter by “troop role.”

Edit: Look where Sossitch’s arrow is pointing in the picture above your post.

2 Likes

Who wants to write the Gems of War Encyclopedia edition?
Until then we can just follow this advice in regards to the thought process behind troop roles.
tenor - 2020-05-11T190209.015

2 Likes

Oh so there is even no way through the pulldown menu to see what …oh man… really?

Thank you for explaining it.

DUMB just freaking dumb then.

1 Like

Fantasy games often Include part of the game where some troops are unusable for one reason or another … not sure why it’s a big deal here.

1 Like