Do you like the new World Event? Poll

Can’t change the poll now because it resets the stats.

I always find that some people would like a third or fourth option, such as “I don’t care” or whatever. I think it was simpler reducing the answer to a binary one in this case though.

4 Likes

I like the event conceptually. I dislike the scoring and tiers that require too much investment.

1 Like

Whether the reward tiers are made more reasonable or not, the RNG on top of RNG with a side of RNG earns this a solid “No”.

This event is single-handedly killing a lot of the lingering interest I still have for this game.

I don’t mind the idea of new events, but this random crap is for the [redacted] birds.

Meanwhile, at 505 HQ…

2 Likes

I voted NO because it’s boring and the stage requirements are much too high. Someone mentioned that high level players are perhaps earning fewer skulls per fight than lower levels. IF this is true, then I’m at the ultimate disadvantage because I’m level 2322. Makes me not even want to finish my remaining sigils, and do Explore instead.

wow, that’s crazy high. Any tips of leveling faster?

1 Like

I do most of my Explores at low to mid levels to level up faster. I put in long hours of Gemming each day, that helps too. Ever since I started Gems on June 28, 2017, I’ve been hooked! Lol

I have been hooked too since 2015, but somehow you know something that I do not, I am not even level 1700 yet.

Already did, on Xbox.

Voting - No.
Reasons:

1. Scoring is way too random. You have to beat RNG twice - first with getting non-purple battles (those are absolute garbage in the matter of scoring) 2) getting good number of sculls from non-purple battles
  2. Score requirements for guild to get all rewards - are total nonsense for this event. It needs to be a way lower than that.
2 Likes

For me, it’s not a straightforward yes or no and that’s based on my own personal preference and how well this fits into helping run and co-ordinate a guild , I’ll try and give constructive feedback as after all, that’s what the devs ask for.

What I like and why I like it:

1. A new game mode is exciting to play, many of us spend a lot of our free time on this game, giving some variety from explore medal farming or pvp is a welcome change.

2. The ‘zoom’ in on the map is welcomed, I’m always trying to zoom in more than is possible on the main map anyway because I like looking at small details

3. Naming battles after that rarety troops is smart, it helps keep the event very focused on that kingdom, I look forward to seeing future events and what the battles will be called (please see negative view point though below)

4. The lore is welcomed, I often wish I could re-read quest line lore so again I’m looking forward to seeing future world events so I can get my lore ‘fix’

5. The availability to fight an easier battle is nearly always present, in invasion and raid, some guild members found they pushed high and then felt deflated because they couldn’t progress and help the guild with rewards more. This game mode goes some way to allow easier fights to pop up further on in the week. This is a welcome addition for lower level guild members to help them keep playing all week

6. The event specific medals are pretty powerful and help me to feel like I have a fighting chance with my lvl 20 troop vs the enemy lvl 420 troops lol! I am also willing to spend a little more in the shop tiers because I’m getting something I can use AFTER the event ends. Nothing is forcing me to purchase more tiers but I’m inclined to spend a tier extra because I feel I’m getting an ok deal compared to other event shop tiers where by I mainly get things I can use in that event.

7. The guild rewards look the same. I am happy that the guild still has the possibility of the same rewards. Many of our guild are working towards crafting Zuul so orbs from guild events are important to us and make us want to play and do well

Undecided opinions

1. weapon restrictions, whilst I like that this event has it restrictions apply to the weapon, I’m nervous about future events, this kingdom has two great scaling weapons, I’m very worried about future events giving us awful weapons to choose from, nobody wants to go into a level 400 battle with a sword of hero’s is what I’m saying. I obviously haven’t seen what future event restrictions will be, so I’m leaving it as an undecided point.

What I don’t like and why:

1. A completely new style event with different scoring and factors and variables is reallllly time consuming to explain to the guild. This takes time away from me playing, it also means we try and work out best methods and scoring to help out guild mates get the most from every battle so instead of you going in and fighting, I’m sat with a pen a paper working out what I scored and how. That doesn’t fill me with excitement for upcoming world events. I like to be able to prepare something before weekly reset, post it to the guild and the whole guild knows what to do from the get go.

2. The random scoring, it doesn’t fit well with ‘most’ of the other guild events (excluding gw here). The ‘from time to time we may throw you some extra skulls’ is just bad because ‘player 1’ got an extra 5 Skulls for the exact same battle as ‘player 2’. Player two feels cheated and the game doesn’t like him, he considers quitting. I like ToD, Raid and invasion where all guild members get the same score and rewards based on their sigils and performance in the game. I’m happy to be 5 points under player 1 in raid because I know he dealt 5 more dage to zuul than me. I’m unhappy to know, the game favoured giving player 1 5 random Skulls for nothing.

3. I say this loosely but it’s lookelike their are 8 different ‘battles’ 2 Mythic, 3 Legendary and 3 Epic, where the game picks any 3 or 4 to give to you, unfortunately guild members are getting annoyed ‘I just fought Brawlmasters lvl 100 and now it’s back again’ not realising all 3 Brawlmasters need to be raised up. Please consider naming each of the 8 separately Eg epics could of been Brawlmaster, Bor Gakk, Gor Thum for example. Less confusion = more playing which is better for guilds and you, plus less tickets of ‘bugs’ I’d imagine too

4. For the love of gems, please round up the guild rewards to nice numbers lol, it gives me shudders to see 20,695 as a reward milestone, we are all used to in all event modes collecting rewards at 20,000 or even 20,500 would be ok. Its not in line with the current model in place throughout the rest of the game.

I know the devs don’t like massive long posts but making the most of self isolation free time and giving useful feedback seemed to fit well together.

Happy gaming everyone :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This is all the info you need to cast a vote. I’d like to see someone post some positives from this event. If possible use a link to the video you make and show us you aren’t laughing the whole time.

New event sucks hoofers. Here’s why in a few bullets:

1. As many others have mentioned, RNG is a huge factor in this. You have RNG when you choose the battles on the screen, and you have RNG again with the skull rewards. Eff that.

2. There appears to be a requirement for a lot more sigils to be spent to obtain the rewards for this event. Add on top the RNG from skulls, and this is turning me (& my guild) away from the game as we are a casual guild. This game was fun and you could reasonably obtain things without paying for it… but now it seems they are moving that goalpost further and further away with each update. Bye bye to us if this happens.

3. It’s repetitive and boring than all other events. Raid Boss and Sieges are more entertaining.

For now, I didn’t vote. I think the event has potential, but it’s just not there yet. Some things I would like to see changed:

• No RNG in scoring. Let each fight cycle through epic, legendary, mythic. And each tier and level has a set amount of points. As it is, the RNG in scoring gives a feeling of unfairness to players. And nobody likes an unfair treatment.

• For more variation, give the enemy teams 0-2 enemies from the surrounding kingdoms. Call them mercenaries or something to explain their presence. Or use troops that have a trait in common with the leaders. Sol’Zora has Necromancy, so she occasionally uses troops with the Necromancy trait. Call it moral support for kindred spirits or something.

• Allow the players to use “outside” troops at an inverse Bounty-like scoring. Using an out-of-kingdom legendary is -2 skulls. This will allow newer players more leeway in the event, and helps everybody in events that feature kingdoms with useless troops or weapons.

As a casual in a casual guild I won’t comment on gem costs, but very few guildies seem amused with the event shop. I only ever buy up to the weapon, but if this is the way forward, I just be more stingy with how I spend my gems.

1 Like

I think this event is too expensive and too random.

4 Likes

The answer to this one is easy - no, nope, zilch, nada…

In another thread I said I couldn’t say a single positive thing about the event. After more deliberation, I might soften it a bit: prompting about unequipped event medals is sort of okay-ish with the following caveats:

1. there is no medal slot especially designed for the event, so medals (totally useless outside of the event) take up a global slot;
  2. there is no prompt that you’ve got event medal equipped for a non-event fight - and this should have been implemented on the launch and not sometime in the future after players start complaining.

Others have already said plenty about the negatives, but - repetition being the way to go - I’ll reiterate some:

1. First and absolutely foremost - random factors in scoring. Whoever came up with this idea and carried it out…I really hope your salary is random and, when you go to a grocery store, the bill for the provisions you pay is also random.
    I dare you to give me one good reason why I should get 39 skulls less than the next guy when both of us have bought T4 and put in equal effort in playing. It evens out in the long run, you say?
    Capture
    Current P2 & P3 on PC/Mobile leaderboard. Game difference - one; skull difference - more than three hundred. Whenever I see something like this I sense screwing…and it’s not the kind of screwing that gives mutual positive gain to all parties involved.
    So - get rid of multilayered random. We already have something that provides it in bearable amount and it’s called a Valraven; no need for more random.

2. Your note state that scoring will be explained, but then you swiftly reverse out on that and say that there is no way scoring would be explained. I don’t really enjoy being lied to…sorry, I meant - misinformed and…well, be involved in not-good-sort of screwing.
    Then you try justifying no-explanations approach by saying that smart players will figure it out, but at the same time - new events will have new scoring formulas. So what’s the use of figuring anything if you can throw it out of the window next time the event comes around?

3. The event is way overpriced. Those few tokens must be worth a fortune, I guess.

4. Speaking of event tokens/medals from stage rewards, the same problem as with fully upgraded faction pets - you get them when you don’t need them anymore, but they’re unavailable at the point of progression where you could benefit from them. What’s the point of maxing out medal at stage 12 if that’s when I stop playing and don’t use those medals ever again?

5. I have a premonition of what might happen when we’re presented with a team without scaling options against huge stat enemies…

So far, I don’t see myself spending a single gem in the event shop next time it rolls around. From what we’ve talked in guild discord, I’m not the only top performed sharing this opinion.

EDIT. While I happen to have enough stash to craft another Zuul (if I actually wanted to ) I really feel sorry for newer players - one source of orbs they will - very likely - never be able at achieve.

7 Likes

Your screenshot shows a difference of ~3600, not 300…which makes this even more screwed up.

We don’t know if the 389 player has only been served Epic battle after Epic battle while the 388 player got lucky and got a nice fat streak of Mythic battles. That’s what makes this so hard to decipher - all the layers of RNG that have been added specifically to make stuff like this impossible to narrow down.

Since one skull is worth ten points, 3600 points translates to 360 skulls. (And it is more than 300, as I estimated - exact value not needed to illustrate the point.)

Whoops. I was just comparing scores and wondered if you missed a digit. Sorry about that.

I’ll leave the mistake in my reply so people can have a chuckle at my expense if they wish. I still agree with the gist of your entire post.

1 Like

Side note, really, but if the points required for rewards were scaled back a lot for such an event, so as to be as achievable as a scaling week, I think I’d potentially enjoy it, even though others might complain. Chances are the points required would be too high, though, or progression too slow, and it would feel like a boring, un-fun grind.