Developer Q & A

Oo I really hope your wrong on this

Yup. Ever since the Gem nerf and introduction of the new UI, every time they announce something or release a new update, I think to myself: “Well, is this when I finally quit the game?”

After seeing things like that and the Gems Sinks we call Raids and Invasions, I don’t look at new things with optimism any more, I look at them with dread and fear. Wondering if this time is the time I say “I’ve had enough” and I leave.

It hasn’t happened yet, but as I’ve said before: I haven’t loved this game in a long time, I just “like” it now. And, it’s not because I’m a high level and hate the “end game” or because I’m just “bored with the game”, as some may think. It’s because I haven’t liked the direction this game has been going, for awhile now, and with every new thing added, I’m worried when I’m going to say “Enough is enough”.

Edit: For the record, I don’t say this to be mean or a jerk towards the devs or anything like that. I’m just being honest

16 Likes

Hard achievements should require skill or intelligence.

This is not “hard” - it is just beyond the reach of people who wish to do things in their life other than play this game.

The Seriously Gears achievements require huge time sacrifices AND skill and talent. Gems does not.

Actually, the Kingdom Power Level is just boring: you get a new troop, you maxed it and that’s all.

We know that it will work with achievements such as the opaque ones like:

• have 10 troops
  • have 30 traits
  • have 200 levels
  • etc.

But surely new ones:

• do 100 battles with a kingdom-related team
  • poison 100 times with Naga troops (for Mist of Scales kingdom)
  • etc.

Let’s cross fingers, maybe these achievements will be cool ones :wink: .

1 Like

sirrian claimed bonuses from kingdom lvl you had previous to patch would stay but it would say lvl 8 instead of 9 so supposedly only ppl that dont have the 9 star kingdoms already would get boned we shall see though :confused:

Really looking forward to patch if they plan on nerfing Infernus :smile:

Watch what you say, i mentionned he was too OP when he was released and got hate from people cause they didin’t want to lose their easy win button

You won’t get any hate from me but I’d hate to lose him in the way he is now. I mean, Ketras can one shot troops a lot of the time… and… and… uh… yeah, Infernus is a cut above most, not even gonna lie.

:smiley:

He just used 8 stars as an example. He ultimately said that whatever stars you have before that update will be grandfathered in. He said you won’t lose the progress you made on the stars you’ve already gotten.

5 Likes

I have Infernus myself but can’t handle the fact that he fills himself after casting his attack 3,4 times in a row. Just really sick of the divine meta, and peace pigeon only made it worse.

But did someone say anything if we will get the same tribute we are getting now when we are transitioned? say, I get on average 100 glory these days, will I continue to get 100? Keeping my 9 stars in a 20 star kingdom, just so I have to climb to level 18 (with gems, dolla?) to get the same would suck.

1 Like

Sirrian didn’t say anything about what will happen with tribute.

I’m guessing people (like me) are getting too many gems from just collecting tributes. So they want to nerf it. But we’ll wait and see… They’ll release… Players will cry or quit. Nothing will be changed back.
I’ve officially become a veteran who realizes that when good things are taken away. It’ll never be changed. #noHOPEhere

5 Likes

Never going to say never, but I don’t believe that there’s going to be a nerf of tributes with the patch.

What portion of the game population even has a single kingdom at 9 stars? 1%, if even that?

That said, I am expecting a relatively hard lock down on the future ability for kingdoms to get to the higher star ratings. Triple rewards/chance is quite powerful and I can understand the need to reign that in before it because necessary to do the equivalent of another Great Gem Task Nerf to fix a legacy system oversight. It so happens that the timing is convenient to re-do the star system as Ghulvania is going to be just short of maxing at 10 stars in a few weeks’ time.

Not really sure how well that is going to go over with the late-game player base, as I’m expecting the difficulty/effort curve to be steep.

3 Likes

What portion of the game population even has a single kingdom at 9 stars? 1%, if even that?

This is where they get the majority of their $$$ from though, this 1%.

Is that true? I thought F2P income skewed towards new players over established players, based on sheer numbers. Maybe GoW is different, or maybe my impression is wrong, but I thought most F2P games wanted tons of new players because of the higher likelihood that they would purchase jumpstart packs (like the starter pack, Deathknight armor, growth packs, or paths to glory) that established players would have less need for.

2 Likes

I’m highly doubtful that the majority of their money comes from the vets with 9 star kingdoms. As you said, F2P games generally chase new players to get those naive player impulse buys. I have all the 9 star kingdoms available. Although I spend 5$ here and there to support the game, I don’t spend anything near the amount I spent when I began (DeathKnight, 15$ packs, etc.) It’s the same for most vets that I know.

Of course, I’m sure they have some big money “whales” that span various levels.

1 Like

They want new players to spend starter pack and armor of course but they created invasion raid bounty and More recently pet recue, to get end game player money

I think they created them to get player money in general and to deplete the gem stashes of vets. That said, I don’t know a single vet personally that has spent a single dime on a gem pack purchase. So, there’s that. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

On xbox the same guy been # 1 on 6 event (raid/invasion/bounty) this represent minimum 20k gems every time.

Unless he had over 120k gems in bank, im pretty sure he buyed lot of gems pack and specifically last week since it was gem sales