Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

@Awryan…its never gonna happen. Too many players have been spending significant gems (undoubtedly supplemented by real cash purchases of gems etc) in every daily faction event and every 3 day new faction event since potions were introduced. No way will the publishers let ‘something as insignificant as a promise’ get in the way of good old profit. They dangled the potion carrot to tempt players to buy the faction achievement and the player base didn’t disappoint. Kinda reminds me of lemmings for some reason.

3 Likes

Yeah dang, I just opened this thread and people were casually talking about buying 7 tier 7s.

I’m pretty sure that’s “the solution” for high level delves. Just buy your stats and take the medicine. I’ve been really discouraged away from even trying at Delves since the potions dropped because of it.

1 Like

I’m still actually not even sure why most people bother with high level delves at all. A few actually like the content (but even those few seem to really like it be getting increasingly disgruntled at the state of things), but most just do it to “have it done”, and I’m not sure why. The rewards for renown progression range from borderline non-existent to economically negative, the delve runs themselves get progressively less efficient the higher you push them, and the biggest impact the global stat points give is that they raise your score bonus which currently just makes your PvP payouts worse. It would make sense if you were investing those gems into something that would pay off, but right now it’s like throwing them into a bottomless pit.

1 Like

I said sort of this from the start (the diminishing returns are amazingly bad here) but nonetheless I watched discussion of high-level delves become just about the most popular topic around.

I guess it does make me feel better that the people who do buy their way up just hasten the malus applied to their PvP score, I hadn’t thought about that.

Just finished faction team level 500. It took me 3 tries, and each time I got to the final room with a full team. The problem is that each final battle took over half an hour.

Once you kill the legendary and the bladewing, their team is just stall/resummons. You need a moderate streak of good luck with 20% kills to kill them faster than they resummon. A moderate streak of bad luck basically resets the battle.

Team was 3x bladewing, harpy mage. Harpy mage gets you more bladewings.

I bought one T7 past what I needed to get to level 500. If you buy way more T7 packs, you could probably do it with the legendary troop’s AOE + good luck.

And yes, this was god awful and I never want to think about it again.

4 Likes

What path did you take to boss room?

The dwarven gate(?) room. With the gate/apothecary and two damage dealers. It’s actually pretty doable because there’s no AOE damage, and your potion barriers give you several turns of leeway. Did that room on two attempts.

1 Like

Thanks, I wasn’t sure of the best path and did the dragon eggs at 300 and didn’t want to try that again lol

I contemplated doing my first delve push for 500, but I don’t want to go through what you just did. That’s not fun at all. I’ll just use up my sigils and wait until they make delves more bearable with all faction teams.

At level 100 I used the same team 12 hours ago and my frustration generated a thread about that 5% being bull shit. I’m not looking forward to the run at 500 tomorrow. Peace be with you now… Your struggle is over (well at least got a month.) :wink:

Harpy, Harpy Mage, Queen x2

That’s what I’ve been using, though I don’t have three Queen Xochi to try that way.

Were you thinking of replacing the Harpy or the Mage with the third Queen Xochi?

I wasn’t. Though the team above was Mage + 3x Queens. I quite like the rare’s mana drain effect though.

Lucky second try for 2500. I started with one Mage and 3 Queens but lost last queen in first battle and did the second and third with Mage/Queen/Queen/Mage. Faction banner and 165 hoard with 5 or 6 final potions (not sure).
Very last move in pic. I prefered magic to skull to watch a final explosión. Fireworks to celebrate it. :rofl:

2 Likes

5 tries at Tier 4 potions/100 delve hoard.

try 1: tier 4: Couldnt kill 3rd room Bladewing
try 2: tier 4: lost 2 in 2nd battle, couldnt resummon in time (with a 35% chance on 4/5 match summoner!) .
try 3: tier 4: got death touch bonus room. Bladewing didnt kill anything in boss room, death touch did nothing.
try 4: tier 4: resummons broke for both sides, couldn’t outskull their hp gain. Got it down to a 1 vs 1
try 5: tier 4: missed 2 instakills, then got 4 instakills in a row

Used Harpy, Harpy Mage, Bladewing, Queen Xochi (Eagle Banner)

Queen Xochi is great for the 1st 2 rooms. Bladewing is “better” for the 3rd room. Getting Queen Xochi to loop is a great feeling though. Harpy tends to die out, so there’s a strong chance you’ll get another Harpy Mage unless the game hates you, so basically always.

I’ve had times where I went 10-15 4/5 matches without a resummon. Yet the AI has no problems going back to back to back summons at 5% per turn. Stupid stupid stupid.

Give them back 25% Harpy summon on 4/5 match. So much better than this 5% junk.

3 Likes

I did standard non event delve at 160 , horde 100 and it took 45 minutes. I had to kill over 20 harpies. I lost mage early on and was never able to resummon. 35%? Not for me it wasn’t, and the harpy 5% was far higher for the AI than it was for me. Doubtful I will risk mage p1 again after this fight but if you lose her the best plan is to spread out the damage as best you can so you can avoid the summon percentage debacle with a single cast from queen to take them all down.

It took me 4 hours! Yes, the final battle took 4 hours beat with full faction team. Ai kept summoning Harpys over and over again. This is just stupid.

4 Likes

For those of you struggling, did you guys see the Best Delves Strategy topic? I used the same team as in jzg’s video in daily delves and beat faction levels 150 and 200 on the first try. 210 took a couple attempts. Since these were daily delves, this was with no potion bonus. Hoard was roughly around 150 or so, give or take maybe 20 levels.

I still stand by my assertion that once you’ve killed your 10th troop you should win.