Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Decided to buy one tier past the weapon so I could take a shot at 300 faction. That gave me three tries; all three had Tidal Affix. Not feeding any more gems into such a broken team and layout.

1 Like

Beat it at 7 Tier 7s with The Maraji Queen, Water Elemental, The Maraji Queen, Drowned Solider (Sorrowful banner). Hoard 199

I had spare sigils, but bought up to Tier 7 because I was running low on time (only did it a few minutes ago).

Always cast the 3rd troop TMQ instead of the 1st one so its easier to spam Water Elemental on a bad board.

I have used back to back TMQ cast quite a few times, so much so that I’d feel vulnerable if I only had one.

On my 1st 3 tier 5 try, I made it to the boss fight each time, only to get murdered by their TMQ. (did lose troops early in the 2nd and 3rd battle)

Admittedly, the game fed me the win, couldn’t ask for an easier setup…

I’ll load a clip up, though by the time it does, it won’t matter

The Maraji Queen is not an easy troop to use, its basically the same as using Xerodar smartly, with an easier safety net with Doomskulls exploding but much much worse if you use it wrong.

Didn’t get to demonstrate that in the clip though =/

6 Likes

I really don’t like this faction. Tidal is a problem and their sailor seems to have a much higher death mark output than ours. Without potions its a big ask. Even with regular troops in regular delve at high level you can easily lose a troop or two before you can cleanse the inevitable death marks. The doom skulls and general skull cascades can decimate a team rapidly. There is a lot that can go against you here very quickly. Still no sign of the proposed delve modifications it seems? It looks like the potions and associated profit have knocked that idea right out of the water.

Since the Death Mark always hits the last two troops, put some undead / death mark immune troops there. Easy.l

1 Like

Exactly! I was using

Mountain crusher (titan)
Irongut
Zuul
Megavore

I know not everyone got zuul but he is my favorite troop for delve, he is just too strong :slight_smile:

Impervious doesn’t help much in the face of the Maraji Queen’s Curse…

Your using 3 mythics that many players will not have. Suggesting zuul isn’t even an option for most as you are clearly aware. Cleansing will often deal with the issue of DMs, but I note there is no comment about decimation by skulls? Your team will come a cropper just like many others, supertroops or not. Easy? (@Mr. Strange) without key troops and/or weapons then I am sure you wouldn’t be quite so confident.

This is why you need titan for the barrier on brown matches and enrage on x4 gems. To be fair i completed almost every faction at lv 500 with this team i just need to switch 1 or 2 troops depending of color restriction.

I also need to change zuul in first position when i fight against entangle factiin team. It’s more risky since he don’t have barrier protection but it’s doable if you put him with sylvanimora or cockatrice alike troops.

And about zuul, i said not everyone got him so if you got irongot you should be able to finish lv 500 if you match him with any troop that improve your attack and titan in front

Titan can also stun when attacked with skull so irongut can devour the troop immune against devour

You and me both. Anything empowered in delves annoys me greatly.

Truth.

If its anything like removing the gem cost from changing hero classes, they’re just unnaturally slow.

2 Likes

Curse + Irongut is all you need for Blue, Yellow, or Brown factions. Big fan of Irongut + Glutmaw

3 Likes

I’ve been running with…

Yasmine’s Pride (Plaguelord / Titan)
Ketras
Apothecary
Voice of Orpheus

Puts two Deathmark immunities in the right spots and they can both cleanse on a whim. Still getting wrecked around 380 though …

Titan is a strong class but sentinel is also a valid alternative. The barrier won’t protect you from a double hit and titan requires a brown match asap which I don’t like to prioritise on turn 1 if I can generate it at the start of battle with a different hero class. We all have our preferences depending on the opposition, but using titan against sunken fleet gives you a turn 1 problem potentially. Sentinel can possibly have 2 troops barriered before they make their first move. While megavore is great at armour removal, the damage that he and iron gut generate can be unreliable in terms of last troop instakill and lethal damage. You know where you stand with ketras because the spell is definitive so that’s my preference. Plus, if you lose your MC early, the team will have limited mana generation and won’t be casting any time soon. There is no sure thing team but immune to dying troops are limited in firepower against such strong opposition, at least in my deck. I’ve done 500 with all previous factions, mainly with YP and ketras (colour permitting). I suppose I just hate death mark because it feels like such a cheap way to die.

1 Like

It depend if you play with or without potion, if there is potion you won’t have any problem to refill irongut quickly

And it’s also doable without potion, it take longer to refill irongut but once you devored 1 troop you can say the game is over and still win

Its crazy just how devoted Sunken Fleet is to achieving one thing, and its not immediately obvious either.

Its objective is to utterly wreck Titan and the other Stone classes. i.e. the ones with Barrier-on-Brown.

The Curse + Deathmark + Stun combo is pretty clear - takes out any Deathmark immunities, including Fortitude if for some reason your hero is in the last two (team lineup or just that your other troops have already died) and also take out the immensely useful Rock Solid talent with the Stun so you can’t defend yourself.

I figured out what the damn Crab is for! Regardless of whether you’ve been hit by any of the other effects, its Bleed debuff takes out your hero’s Barrier every turn.

7 Likes

Let’s not forget the 110 AOE damage that Water Elemental does. :roll_eyes:
I said it somewhere else in great length. But outside of Faction events, the Delves have only gotten more difficult. My fear is, the potions and astounding amount of Gems sunk into these events will only slow down any realistic changes to the factions. I’m sorry, but not everyone wants to dedicate a weekend to getting a Faction to 500 before the potions expire.
My only goal with new Factions is to complete 49 attempts to get it to 500 asap (but not in 3 days) so that I don’t have to do Factions for a few weeks. :person_shrugging:

Btw… Why is it the floors don’t just go 1-50 instead of 10-500 when the ToD floors start with 1?:thinking:

1 Like

Can i ask what is that?

Realistic as the perfect and long term solution for old weapons? seen they are “working really hard” on finding a perfect and long time solution to delve too wont expect a shorter waiting time than the weapons one (that is 3 years and still going).

1 Like

Did Stonesong Eyrie 100 potions. Moderately easy, wasn’t close to death.

Ran Harpy (cannon fodder, mana drainer at a very rare instance), Harpy Mage, Bladewing, Queen Xochi (Eagle Banner).

I actually didn’t cast Bladewing all that much. Ran a Harpy Mage/Queen Xochi explosion loop that did pretty well. Will have to see if I end up fazing out Bladewing in harder difficulties (with potions).

PS. I strongly dislike each and everyone of you who thought 5% from just living is a better replacement for 25% from 4/5 matches which the AI got a grand total of 1 that entire match and that was playing with a sloppy unsafe playstyle. What an obnoxious trait. It summons a full life Harpy which will be a problem in the later delves.

1 Like

So none of the players lol. I think we all knew this was bad. Devs, maybe. Publishers probably would have had a laugh if they understood the game (so either ignorant evil or deliberate evil, tough call).

As soon as this faction pisses me off I’m putting in a real team with Obsidius and never looking back.

… Technically that means I should start with Obsidius but y’know what I mean.

Oh yet another more difficult Faction to beat. Weird. :roll_eyes:
@Saltypatra what’s the current stance on the Delves?
Are y’all still looking into the difficulty after 6+ months while also making it more difficult every month since the “investigation” started?

2 Likes

Any suggestions for a 500 Stonesong faction only team?